CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Greetings...New CT owner, let the modding begin!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-15, 01:10 PM
DrDrama
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Greetings...New CT owner, let the modding begin!

Hello!

Just picked up a loaded 2014 Nebula FSport with 17k miles over the weekend, super excited about it! I've been creeping around on this site for a few weeks, but now that I own one I decided to introduce myself and ask a few questions as well.

I love the ride quality and I'm sufficiently happy with the handling as it is, but I'm definitely going to be grabbing some coilovers to lower the car. Which set can maintain the ride quality the best? I'm not looking to slam the car, just remove some of the gap. I know Megan and BC seem to be the most used here.

I've seen tons of threads on lighting (slightly overwhelming lol), and I want to change the fogs, but I'm not sure if I want to match the stock HIDs or go yellow. Are there pictures of both setups anywhere? And what set matches the stock HIDs best?

sorry for the newbieness! looking forward to contribute around here in the future

Adarsh
Old 09-28-15, 01:54 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DrDrama
Hello!

Just picked up a loaded 2014 Nebula FSport with 17k miles over the weekend, super excited about it! I've been creeping around on this site for a few weeks, but now that I own one I decided to introduce myself and ask a few questions as well.

I love the ride quality and I'm sufficiently happy with the handling as it is, but I'm definitely going to be grabbing some coilovers to lower the car. Which set can maintain the ride quality the best? I'm not looking to slam the car, just remove some of the gap. I know Megan and BC seem to be the most used here.

I've seen tons of threads on lighting (slightly overwhelming lol), and I want to change the fogs, but I'm not sure if I want to match the stock HIDs or go yellow. Are there pictures of both setups anywhere? And what set matches the stock HIDs best?

sorry for the newbieness! looking forward to contribute around here in the future

Adarsh
I am a fan of BC Racing with Swift springs and Fortune Auto. For the fogs, I recommend Piaa plasma ion or nokya hyper yellow.
Happy modding!
Old 09-29-15, 05:53 PM
m0nkey
Driver School Candidate

For Foglights I would go with TRS TOYOTA: MORIMOTO XB LED FOGS. I confirmed with support that they will indeed fit my 2012 CT200h (I took my factory foglights out and sent them measurements and they gave me the green light on fitment)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VgsyKPlVhBc
Old 09-29-15, 09:40 PM
DrDrama
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nabbun
I am a fan of BC Racing with Swift springs and Fortune Auto. For the fogs, I recommend Piaa plasma ion or nokya hyper yellow.
Happy modding!
Originally Posted by m0nkey
For Foglights I would go with TRS TOYOTA: MORIMOTO XB LED FOGS. I confirmed with support that they will indeed fit my 2012 CT200h (I took my factory foglights out and sent them measurements and they gave me the green light on fitment)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VgsyKPlVhBc
thank you guys for the suggestions!

I'm undecided as yet on the coilovers, but BC definitely in the lead - I'm gonna look into the Swift springs as well!

as for the lights, I think I'm going to switch both Low beams and Fogs to these (apparently I dont have HIDs lol):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60W-7200LM-6000K-CREE-LED-HEADLIGHT-Conversion-Kit-Bulbs-Lamp-H8-H9-H11-White-/251920000227?hash=item3aa79a24e3&vxp=mtr
thanks again!