findway custom-fit all-season mats for CT200h - impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 10:45 AM
chroma23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default findway custom-fit all-season mats for CT200h - impressions

DISCLAIMER: not affiliated with the vendor in any way

not sure if its because of the safety recall or toyota/lexus getting sued for their mats interfering with the brake pedals.....but you would notice that nowadays in all lexus and toyota cars, the rubber mats are god-awful small now. they do not cover up to the pedals (probably so it will not interfere anymore), or even the dead pedal side. this results in a messy interior in the winter with salt crust and all especially near where the pedals are:

so for those who like their interior clean and not have to worry about salt contamination into the carpet floor or eating into the floorboard, bigger rubber mats are neceasary. there are a few companies out there where the mats are specially molded to fit the specific vehicle for better fitting. weathertech is famous for them but they are very pricey. there's also maxpider and other brands too that are relatively cheaper, but after asking for various different venders, someone told me to take alook at findway as they are probably the cheapest in price among the custom-fit rubber mats.

so i took the plunge and got a set of findway mats for CT200h. cost is about $65USD not including tax or shipping costs. the full set includes 3 pieces: one for the driver's seat, one for the passenger seat, and a long one for the entire back row. this is significantly cheaper than other brands like weathertech where it can cost you upwards of $150-200USD for both rows. however, the catch is that findway only offers the mats as an entire set, so you cannot order just the driver's seat mat only for example. for color, only black is available for the CT200h.

the company is located in toronto, ontario, canada, and you can go to their warehouse for local pickup. they even allow you to drive your car into their warehouse to try the fitting first before paying. there is a 2-week satisfaction guarantee where you can get a full refund, and after that there is a 1 year warranty. one year warranty may be a bit short compared to other brands who offers longer warranty periods, but for a significantly lower price i can live with it personally.

in their warehouse they have a sample mat with a puddle of water in it. as you can see, it has side lips like a tray to catch the water in sit does not spill out the sides. the company says that you just need to hose it out thoroughly and the mat will be clean again.

material feels like carpet but plastic-y. it feels like carpet but does not feel as smooth and "fluffy" as a real carpet; it's feels a bit more rough and more "tactile" which i guess is a good thing so your feet will not slip.

color-wise, under a camera flash exposure the black is of a slightly different color than the rest of the interior. but to the naked eye, it matches with the interior pretty well and it's pretty well integrated.

rear row:

passenger seat:

drivers seat:

fitting wise, they are not 100% perfect fit but it's close enough. you may have to tug back and forth abit at first to make sure it fits on all sides. both the front mats have holes to place on top of fasteners but they too require a bit of tugging back and forth. the mat for the driver's seat now covers much more area up to the pedals, and as you can see, the dead pedal is now covered up as well. i cannot verify this but i read that even the weathertech ones do not cover the dead pedal completely, so this is a plus for findway

took the CT out for a short drive, and the pedals function fine and the mats do not interfere with them at all

so overall, so far so good, will have to see how durable it is in the winter. unfortunately i got these abit too late now that winter is slowly passing away but who knows, we may have a snowstorm next week. we shall see how these mats fare, but im pretty sure they will do much better over the OEM mats since at least they cover a bigger area and their tray/bucket/side-lip nature will help keep winter dirt better than just a small flat piece of rubber that toyota/lexus offers. the carpet feel is a plus too in the summer too and this can potentially be a good all-year-round mats (carpet feel plus winter friendly)
Old 03-11-15, 05:30 PM
Rock712
Driver School Candidate

good info, thanks!
Old 03-26-15, 06:17 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Chroma23....I went over today and picked some up.

Can't beat the price! These fit amazing...way better than weathertechs

For Canadian guys the all in price for the front and rear Findways is $90.00 - A great time for the USA guys to take advantage of the USA dollar.

By comparison.....the Weathertechs are about $260.00 for the set with taxes if buying direct from the Canadian distributor

As the findways are more plyable and they actually conform better to the floor surfaces especially on the entry side of the drivers compartment.

I already own a set for Weatehrtechs for my IS F, I will now buy a set of these for that car too as they can be used all year around due to the carpeted texture and great looks.

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 03-27-15 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-27-15, 10:49 AM
chroma23
Driver School Candidate

impressions after washing these mats for the first time

- they repel water big time
- as such, they take forever to dry up by themselves compared to rubber mats. if you want to dry it fast, you should wipe it with a towel to absorb the excess water after washing
Old 08-27-15, 07:11 AM
Infected
Rookie

Thanks for this review.
I suggested these to a co-worker buy a set for his Dodge Journey, as well as my parents for their Civic.

I had weathertechs in my Prius, and still have some in my wrx.
They do/did not cover the foot rest, as mentioned.

I have been debating on these for the CT, but a bit hesitant because I haven't seen how fitment was for it.
These look pretty good, and I will be buying these.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-15, 10:19 AM
ultrawtct
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Infected
Thanks for this review.
I suggested these to a co-worker buy a set for his Dodge Journey, as well as my parents for their Civic.

I had weathertechs in my Prius, and still have some in my wrx.
They do/did not cover the foot rest, as mentioned.

I have been debating on these for the CT, but a bit hesitant because I haven't seen how fitment was for it.
These look pretty good, and I will be buying these.

Thanks!
I'm debating too let me know what you think. I'd have to ship them to the U.S. so will think a little longer and hope for another review.
Old 08-27-15, 11:29 AM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by ultrawtct
I'm debating too let me know what you think. I'd have to ship them to the U.S. so will think a little longer and hope for another review.
I won't be buying them for another few weeks yet.
But, I do have to say the Journey and the Civics are very good.
The ONLY gripe I have is about the Civics, and it's where the trunk and fuel door release is.
I think it should hug it a bit more than it does. Fortunately, the CT doesn't have anything like that to worry about.
Old 09-13-15, 07:15 PM
Infected
Rookie

Originally Posted by ultrawtct
I picked a set up on Tuesday from the vendor.
They're exactly how the op reviewed them.

I really like these more than the weathertech's. Which I had a set of in my Prius and still have a set in my WRX.

I went and grabbed them from the vendor in Toronto, the service was extremely fast and the clerk was very polite.
I'd suggest these over the Husky liners and the weathertech's.
Old 09-27-15, 08:18 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Totally forgot about these. Gonna have to get a set for next summer.

The factory carpeted mats are god awful for wear. I only run them in the summer months [maybe 4mos]. Already, a brand new set 2yrs ago, has some serious heel wear.

Also do not like the CHEAP carpet that Lexus put into this car... mine's pretty frayed in some spots. I need to get these to cover the middle tunnel, as these "eco-friendly" [CHEAP] materials automakers put in are not all that good for longterm wear'n'tear.

My 01 ES carpets were nice and plush forever!

For those wondering the weathertechs are great in Toyota products. In the CT200h, the footrest is covered about 3/4... not perfect, but not bad either. It's easy to toss in a little folded magazine behind it absord loose water/salt/slush.

I had to do this in my Subaru, since those mats were terrible, they did not cover anything!