Search this Thread

Old 12-31-14, 03:00 AM
SteveMason
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My Pizza Delivery Car...

Check out the whole album:
https://www.clublexus.com/g/album/2780622

This is my pizza delivery vehicle. I used to have a 2010 Smart car but this one is better for the job in every way. I had my Smart car at the Mercedes dealership almost every month and it had most of the major engine components replace under 100000 km (luckily under warranty.)

This vehicle only takes regular gas, I get it serviced at the Toyota dealership down the street and it is much better on fuel... not to mention it looks ALLOT better.

Modifications:
-Fsport lowering springs
-18"x8" M129 Niche rims in gunmetal grey
-235/40R18 95W tires
-OEM Lexus center caps
-Cree LED headlights and fog lamps
-7 window tint
-Fsport spoiler
-gloss 3m vinyl on grill and mirrors
-Matte 3m vinyl on logos gas cap, hood, and trunk
-OEM IS350 FSport badge (with matte Vinyl)
-Center duel cat-back exhaust

My goal with my modifications is to keep a somewhat "stock Lexus" look but with more inspiration from the ISF,LFA and other F Sport models. I have never been a fan of ricers or anything that has been heavily modified. I hope in the further to add a tasteful body kit and a custom rear diffuser.

Last edited by SteveMason; 01-01-15 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-31-14, 05:56 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Great job Steve!
Old 12-31-14, 03:28 PM
T4PP312
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best lookin pizza delivery car I've seen! Love the bits of black vinyl and the exhaust.
Old 01-01-15, 08:44 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Looking good. Keep up the good work. Looks like you're having fun delivering pizza's in your CT 200h...
Old 01-02-15, 09:22 AM
nx200tmb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, car looks great.

Do you own the pizza shop? Cause most pizza delivery guys can't afford a brand new Lexus just to deliver pizza...
Old 01-02-15, 12:09 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

The black "touches" don't flow... perhaps the mirrors/grill kind of work due to the glossiness.

But spoiler/gas cap/license plate look horrible.
Old 01-02-15, 01:46 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Dam Pizza Delivery job with a Lexus..... Balling out now.....
That's Awesome....!!
Old 01-02-15, 03:40 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
The black "touches" don't flow... perhaps the mirrors/grill kind of work due to the glossiness.

But spoiler/gas cap/license plate look horrible.
It's definitely a matter of taste. I personaly like it but I can understand how other people wouldn't. I did try to vinyl the roof gloss black, to make the spoiler fit in better, and to get that "panorama" sunroof look, however I did it by myself which was a big mistake. I ended up ruining a $120 pice of vinyl and wasted a whole day!... The mirrors were also a ***** to vinyl but I think it makes it look less luxury and more sporty.

Here is a picture of it when I bought It:

Thanks for the kind words from everyone!
Old 01-02-15, 03:54 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Gourmet pizza, I bet.
Old 01-03-15, 03:49 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveMason
It's definitely a matter of taste. I personaly like it but I can understand how other people wouldn't. I did try to vinyl the roof gloss black, to make the spoiler fit in better, and to get that "panorama" sunroof look, however I did it by myself which was a big mistake. I ended up ruining a $120 pice of vinyl and wasted a whole day!... The mirrors were also a ***** to vinyl but I think it makes it look less luxury and more sporty.
Yup, definitely a matter of taste. The roof wrap is pretty tough and requires a ton of patience, but it's worth it! I would have kept my roof vinyl'd but wrapping the 2014-15 F-sport spoiler would be a nightmare and would definitely need multiple pieces and I didn't want the opposite of your car with the roof wrapped and not the spoiler. MAYBE I'll try to wrap it in the summer, we'll see.

Did you wrap your front grille surround yourself? I'm about to try it soon, need some tips!

Nice work!
Old 01-03-15, 08:17 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
Yup, definitely a matter of taste. The roof wrap is pretty tough and requires a ton of patience, but it's worth it! I would have kept my roof vinyl'd but wrapping the 2014-15 F-sport spoiler would be a nightmare and would definitely need multiple pieces and I didn't want the opposite of your car with the roof wrapped and not the spoiler. MAYBE I'll try to wrap it in the summer, we'll see.

Did you wrap your front grille surround yourself? I'm about to try it soon, need some tips!

Nice work!
Thanks!

I will attempt the roof again but I will make sure I get some help! I also will try removing the antenna first and make sure I use 3m brand. I used some other brand before and it was far less forgiving.

As for the grill, it was by far the easiest. There is rubber on the top to hide the edge of the vinyl and you can just wrap an uneven cut around the bottom because no one will see it. The only part that I may have an issue with is the pointy parts on the side the the grill because I feel it my peel up at some time. I have to redo it anyway because a rock chipped a piece off when I was on the highway.
Old 01-03-15, 09:41 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveMason
Thanks!

I will attempt the roof again but I will make sure I get some help! I also will try removing the antenna first and make sure I use 3m brand. I used some other brand before and it was far less forgiving.

As for the grill, it was by far the easiest. There is rubber on the top to hide the edge of the vinyl and you can just wrap an uneven cut around the bottom because no one will see it. The only part that I may have an issue with is the pointy parts on the side the the grill because I feel it my peel up at some time. I have to redo it anyway because a rock chipped a piece off when I was on the highway.
Okay cool, I'll pick up some vinyl to wrap my grill surround soon. I was going to go cheap with an off-brand since they're more than half the price on eBay, but does it make that big of a difference?

Yes! You can't wrap your roof w/o taking off the antenna. And don't poke the antenna hole until you've finished the rest of the roof otherwise the hole may not align properly. I posted about how to remove the antenna some time ago on the other ct200h forums if you want to read about it.
Old 01-04-15, 02:40 PM
SteveMason
Driver

Okay cool, I'll pick up some vinyl to wrap my grill surround soon. I was going to go cheap with an off-brand since they're more than half the price on eBay, but does it make that big of a difference?

Yes! You can't wrap your roof w/o taking off the antenna. And don't poke the antenna hole until you've finished the rest of the roof otherwise the hole may not align properly. I posted about how to remove the antenna some time ago on the other ct200h forums if you want to read about it.
I can't speak for all brands of vinyl but the one I used that wasn't 3M had so many bubbles in it and was really hard to work with. It also wasn't nearly as glossy. I thought I was doing something wrong because I was following all the tutorials and it just want working. Then I ordered some 3M (which was a pain to find in a small quantity) and found it was ALLOT easier and it was finally turning out like the tutorials. I've heard that Avery is good too, but maybe some of the other cheaper brands are as well and I just had a bad experience.

...regardless, it's still a hell of allot cheaper than the $200+ black grill they sell online!

I will have to check out that post on removing the antenna... I sure wouldn't want to try and vinyl an Fsport spoiler though. hahaha
Old 01-05-15, 10:26 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

The cheap stuff sucks... I speak from experience.

Speaking to a few shops in town [that do vinyl] they use these guys as a supplier; http://www.metrorestyling.com/

They have great prices, and use HQ stuff. I've used some on my old ES and it held up great over brutal winter & summer heat - even when I removed the stuff it was still perfect!
Old 01-05-15, 04:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

30 mpg or less and it's free right

Quick Reply: My Pizza Delivery Car...