CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

identifying a used f-sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-14, 08:35 PM
dliao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default identifying a used f-sport

Hi All, apologize for the first post, but I need expert help on this one.

I was about to drop some money for this model after I test drove it today. However I am not sure if it's a F-Sport model or just some random F-Sport part previous owner put together. Can someone help me identify the model?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-CT-200h-SUNROOF-NAV-2012-lexus-ct-200-h-prem-hybrid-sunroof-nav-rear-cam-35-k-/400796239239?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5d51514587&item=400796239239&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Initially I thought it was definitely a F-Sport mainly because comparing with the other 2012 ct200h base model I test drove today, this one responded better when turning. However now that I'm back home and has time to research more, I started to think maybe that's not the case. Since i've never seen F-Sport edition in person, I googled couple F-sport package/special edition and this car doesn't look like it besides the rim.

So please help with this humble request before I drop 26k on this car. Much appreciated!

Last edited by dliao; 10-30-14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-30-14, 09:45 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it just has fsport rims.
It does not have the fsport badges or front grill.

Good luck trying to buy from texas direct. I was the high bidder on two of their auctions on ebay and they refused to sell for the market price. (they had a unreasonably high reserve).
That car is definitely not worth $24,980.

I ended up buying a 2011 ct with nav for $20k in another state.
Old 10-30-14, 10:12 PM
dliao
Driver School Candidate

HI thank you, that confirms my finding as well then...

How did you find CTs at another state? Just broaden your search online?
Old 10-31-14, 07:29 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

I agree, definitely not an F-Sport.

I remember hearing about Texas Auto Direct in the news because of some scandal on how they sell cars. They claim to make a tiny profit on each sale to sell low, and make it up with sheer volume, but it doesn't seem that way, especially with what r81984 said. Be careful when dealing with them.
Old 10-31-14, 06:10 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dliao
HI thank you, that confirms my finding as well then...

How did you find CTs at another state? Just broaden your search online?
I was bidding on every ebay auction for a CT200h that had the black/tan interior and nav from January to April. I was the high bidder on several auctions and the ranges of my winning bids were from about $15,000 to $18,000. But due to high reserves they always refused to sell.

Anyways I found the CT I bought on http://www.cars.com. You can search dealer inventories locally or from anywhere in the country. At the same time, I tried to buy the exact same car from a dealership in florida for $21,000, but a local buyer already put a down payment on it before I could wire the money.
For the one I bought the title showed the Ford dealer paid $19,500 for it (2011 CT200h w nav) from someone who traded it in before they sold it to me.

As for texas auto direct, their sales guy answered the phone and email, but he just refused to budge on the price.
They are priced at lexus dealership prices which is insane.
I would shop around at other dealers before settling on buying from them for that high of a price. I have a feeling you will find a much better deal.

Last edited by r81984; 10-31-14 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-31-14, 10:00 PM
dliao
Driver School Candidate

Hi thanks for the help on researching the car, i guess i should probably broaden my search...

Regarding Texas Direct Auto, that one didn't work out. I think previous owner probably did some modification to the car and messed up the suspension, and I could hear clunking noise when driving off the lot or going thru speed bumps. On the other hand, I am actually impressed by their way of doing business. To me they are like the Best Buy of buying cars. They don't hire sales who work on commission, they hire bunch of sales rep that focus more on customer service. The best part for me was that they'd let me test drive the car for 30 min by myself. I could even take the car to the Lexus dealer to check on the factory warranty or a mechanics to check on the problem if i wanted to. I told my sales rep that I'm here for 2 others CTs. He said okay and asked me for the info, and said he'd arrange it for me. So while i'm out test driving the first one, he called me up saying he had the second one ready when i go back.

All in all I prefer this type of shopping experience where nobody bothers me when I'm trying the product i want. This is unlike other deals. Obviously the down side is the cars are hit or miss, and there's no room for negotiating (which I'm okay with too). I really think we should start buying cars like we buy electronics or books.

Anyway I'm in no way affiliate with them, and I could be just lucky since it was my first and only experience with them. I'm off to search more CTs!

Last edited by dliao; 10-31-14 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-01-14, 07:21 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dliao
I really think we should start buying cars like we buy electronics or books.
100% with that.
Old 11-01-14, 01:09 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Texas Auto Direct was way over priced. They price their cars at lexus dealership prices then refuse to make any deals.
As I said I was the high bidder for $17K, they wanted $25K and they refused to make any reasonable deal.

To me it is 100% obvious they work on commissions in how they refuse to negotiate.
Their sales guys answer emails quickly and answer their phone. They have good communication.
I was paying cash and I think they are used to selling with loans so they probably trick people with long term 5 or 6 year loans and lower monthly payments to where they end up paying $30K for that car after 6 years of interest..
Based on your experience and my experience they seem to have good customer service, but they cannot expect lexus dealership certified preowned prices.

I am not saying dont buy from texas auto direct. Obviously they are huge, successful, and are not going to shutdown over night.
I am just saying from experience they are way over priced and definitely shop around.
Dont settle on paying lexus dealership prices from a 3rd party.
I dont agree that a used car lot should make $5,000+ on a used car sale. That is overpriced.
If you cant find the exact CT you want with the options you want then you may have the only option from buying from them as an inflated price.

For their prices I would rather buy directly from a lexus dealership for the same price as texas auto direct. They are not a lexus dealer and should negotiate on prices to reasonable market rates.
Their prices are for lazy people who dont want to shop around or people who are desperate for a car and will buy from anyone that gives them a loan.

As for a CT suspension. It is really smooth. If there is any shaking or squeaking then something is wrong. I would have offered $15K for it because of the weird noises.

Last edited by r81984; 11-01-14 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-06-14, 12:42 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

I may be late to the party but here are the original factory options:

NV HDD Navigation Sys Backup Monitor, Lexus Enform w/Destination Assist & eDestination (includes 1-year trial subscriptions), Lexus Insider, Voice Command, NavTraffic, NavWeather, & Sports & Stocks (includes 90-day trial subscription)

LP Leather Package Includes: Perforated Leather Seats with Driver Seat Memory, Rain-Sensing Intermittent Wipers with Mist Cycle, Auto-Dimming Outer Mirrors with Memory

AN Premium Audio Package Includes: Audio System, In-dash 6-Disc CD Chgr, Auto Dimming Electrochromic Rearview Mirror, Lexus Homelink Universal Transceiver

EF Rear Bumper Applique

GN Cargo Net

KG SmartAccess Key Gloves

WL Wheel Locks

C1 Cargo Mat

Z2 Accy Pkg: Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Rear Bumper Applique & Key Gloves