CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Four Days into Ownership and 135 Miles

Old 09-03-14, 10:55 PM
tiga06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Four Days into Ownership and 135 Miles

This happens in front of my house.
A moving truck went hauling up the street in front my house and couldn't make the curve. Looks like he went pretty fast since he totaled my neighbors car.

Old 09-03-14, 11:19 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch, at least you weren't in it!

From the looks of it, your car could be totaled too - that's a lot of damaged panels/wheels/possibly suspension and frame depending on how hard the right wheels hit the curb.
Old 09-03-14, 11:26 PM
pnoychclt
Driver School Candidate

Damn... Glad you weren't hurt. I would be so pissed if that happened to me.
Old 09-03-14, 11:51 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear & see that. Man, what was that driver thinking?
Old 09-04-14, 06:51 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Bleeds my heart to see this loss. The truck driver was speeding and hit parked/stopped vehicles, so there is no question about who's at fault.

However, as I am always the person who tries not to get into these situations. There must have been a reason why you parked your car on the street and not on your driveway. Yes, accidents happens on driveways as well, so I park my car inside my garage as much as possible. It at least protects the car from harmful elements like heat, if not from errant drivers.

When my CT was as old as yours, you'd see me inside the car, getting accustomed to it, reading the manual and trying all the technicalities and quirks. Parked inside the garage of course. Sorry, I don't want to cause any hurt or ill feelings, but I keep my cars like new and running until the end. Yours maybe is (was) on a short term lease.

Last edited by LoveCT; 09-04-14 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-04-14, 08:28 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveCT
Bleeds my heart to see this loss. The truck driver was speeding and hit parked/stopped vehicles, so there is no question about who's at fault.

However, as I am always the person who tries not to get into these situations. There must have been a reason why you parked your car on the street and not on your driveway. Yes, accidents happens on driveways as well, so I park my car inside my garage as much as possible. It at least protects the car from harmful elements like heat, if not from errant drivers.

When my CT was as old as yours, you'd see me inside the car, getting accustomed to it, reading the manual and trying all the technicalities and quirks. Parked inside the garage of course. Sorry, I don't want to cause any hurt or ill feelings, but I keep my cars like new and running until the end. Yours maybe is (was) on a short term lease.
Jumping to conclusions, are we?
Old 09-04-14, 08:46 AM
lcneed
Driver

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
And blaming the victim...
Old 09-04-14, 09:45 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Not jumping to conclusion, or blaming the victim. If read differently than what you surmised, I am just introspecting, carefully putting myself on the OP's shoes. Perhaps similar thoughts already went into his mind right after the incident. Well, let us ask ourselves, who wants to go through these situations? So, is it possible to do something so that we perhaps don't have to go through these situations? If you have an alternate safer place to park, can you do it instead of perhaps trying to save some time parking on the street?

The conclusions on my end are similar to what happens to a driver who suffers debilitating problems because he failed to wear a seat belt. Aren't we blaming the victim then?

Like I said, I never wished to cause any hurt feelings. But something to keep in mind perhaps. After all, if you love something, you will care for it. It very well could have been that the OP had no other feasible solution than to park on the street. My apologies then. But for all of us that take this easy route instead of storing it properly when there may be a better (albeit a bit more time consuming) solution. Let's think about it for a second. Because these occurrences are not uncommon.

Last edited by LoveCT; 09-04-14 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-04-14, 10:00 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Another thought. The OP's car was parked on a turn. Looks like it is at the at the start of a turn. Well, if the truck driver was distracted he might have never expected the turn. Perhaps the guy is moving in the neighborhood Looking at the carnage, he perhaps thought the loaded truck would handle as good as his low slung car. (Braking going in the curve, then speeding out). His other car may just be a car that handles well.

There, I jumped into another conclusion

Last edited by LoveCT; 09-04-14 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-04-14, 10:09 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm glad that you weren't hurt. I do feel for your four day old CT and I would be very angry. Hopefully everything works out. Please keep us updated...
Old 09-04-14, 10:13 AM
tiga06
Driver School Candidate

The VW did get wedged I between the moving truck and a UPS truck. Have no idea how that happened. The guy driving did get arrested since they found a spoon and some questionable things in his truck. Safe to say he was taken out in cuffs.
Now I'm waiting to her back from the body shop.
Old 09-04-14, 03:21 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by tiga06
The VW did get wedged I between the moving truck and a UPS truck. Have no idea how that happened. The guy driving did get arrested since they found a spoon and some questionable things in his truck. Safe to say he was taken out in cuffs.
Now I'm waiting to her back from the body shop.
I'm so sorry to see this happen to your brand new CT. I'd have lost my mind. Thankfully, I have access to a garage.

While his or his company's insurance will cover your damage I'm sure, you should consider taking him/them to court for lost resale value and maybe even grief considering you JUST bought it. =P

Point is, there's a lot more to a wreck than just the repairing the damage.
Old 09-04-14, 03:46 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Not jumping to conclusion, or blaming the victim. If read differently than what you surmised, I am just introspecting, carefully putting myself on the OP's shoes. Perhaps similar thoughts already went into his mind right after the incident. Well, let us ask ourselves, who wants to go through these situations? So, is it possible to do something so that we perhaps don't have to go through these situations? If you have an alternate safer place to park, can you do it instead of perhaps trying to save some time parking on the street?
Ah, I see where you're coming from. I suppose I'll throw away the keys to my vehicles and plan to never drive again, as I could potentially get rear-ended, t-boned, or worse; hit head on. Why potentially put yourself in one of these situations?
Old 09-04-14, 06:55 PM
LoveCT
Driver

Ah, I see where you're coming from. I suppose I'll throw away the keys to my vehicles and plan to never drive again, as I could potentially get rear-ended, t-boned, or worse; hit head on. Why potentially put yourself in one of these situations?
Glad you got the point. Now move to New York and start taking subways.
Old 09-04-14, 07:18 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Glad you got the point. Now move to New York and start taking subways.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Four Days into Ownership and 135 Miles