CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Is F Sport model designated as such when searched up by VIN #?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-21, 02:50 PM
vrsantana
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is F Sport model designated as such when searched up by VIN #?

I'm a new guy looking to buy a 2014 CT 200h F Sport from a private seller. I'm in the process of doing my homework and pulling the carfax and looking up the vin to find what options it was equiped with originally. When I lookup the VIN, it never shows the vehicle as an F Sport. Is this normal or should I have something to worry about? The car has the F Sport steering wheel, spoiler and the black roof which I know are the main features of this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-16-21, 03:07 PM
liera21
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure that way, but try drivers.lexus.com, I got my VIN there and it listed all the options that came with the car from Factory even the F-Sport related ones.

Edit: I just tried now and there's a message about a system outage, here's how mine looked like:

PORT- OR FACTORY-INSTALLED EQUIPMENT

BYF SPORT Premium Pkg for Navigation Includes: Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, HomeLink Garage Door Opener, Rain-sensing Wipers, 4-way Power Passenger Seat, Heated Front Seats

Factory

FJF SPORT with NuLuxe Interior Includes: F SPORT 17" Alloy Wheels, Mesh Grille, Rear Spoiler w/cutouts, Black Headliner, Aluminum Sport Pedals (accelerator, brake, footrest), Perforated Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel, Perforated Leather Trimmed Shift ****, F Sport Exterior Fender Badges, Metal Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Sport Tuned Suspension, Black Roof

Factory

JKF SPORT Foglamps

Factory

NVNavigation System Includes: Backup Camera, Lexus Enform with App Suite, Destination Assist & eDestination, (includes 1-yr trial subscription), Remote Touch Controller, Lexus Insider, Voice Command, Gracenote, HD Radio, 2 USB, 10-speaker Premium Audio System, Subscription-free weather & traffic

Factory

S2F-Sport Lowering Springs

Port

Z2Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks & Rr Bumper App

Port

STANDARD INSTALLED EQUIPMENT

PERFORMANCE FEATURES

1.8 Liter in-line 4-cyl 16-valve DOHC w/VVT-i Electric Drive Motor with Lexus Hybrid Drive Electronically-Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) Electronic Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering 4-Wheel Independent Suspension 4-Wheel Power Assisted Front & Rear Disc Brakes 17" Alloy Wheels w/215/45R17 All-Season Tires

SAFETY FEATURES

Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) w/Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC) / Smart Stop Technology 3-Point Belts for All Seating Positions with Force Limiting Pre-tensioners for the front seats Dual Stage SRS Front Airbags, SRS Driver & Passenger Knee Airbags, Front SRS Side Airbags, Full Length SRS Curtain Shield Airbags Safety Connect with: Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button (SOS), and Enhanced Roadside Assistance (1-year trial subscription included) LED Daytime Running Lights Fog Lamps Power-adjustable heated outside mirrors with turn signal indicators / Rear Wiper Tire Pressure Monitor / First Aid Kit

LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES

Power Tilt-and-Slide Moonroof w/Sliding Sunshade NuLuxe Trim Interior Three-Spoke Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel with Audio Controls and Cruise Control Leather Trimmed Shift **** 10-Way Multi-Adjustable Power Driver Seat including Power Lumbar Support SmartAccess with Push-Button Start/Stop Electroluminescent Optitron Gauges Automatic Dual-Zone Climate Control Tilt/Telescopic Steering Column Drive Mode Select (Normal/Sport/ECO/EV) Driver Information Center with Trip Computer Lexus Audio System: Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL), 6-speakers, Single In-Dash CD Player, USB input, Miniplug Auxiliary Input SiriusXM Satellite Radio (90-day trial included) Bluetooth Technology / Shark Fin Antenna Power Windows w/One-Touch Auto Open/Close Feature Power Door Locks with Anti-Lock Out Feature Lexus Personalized Settings Front Aluminum Scuff Plates Tonneau Cover LED License Plate Bulb Sliding Sun Visors Spoiler Carpeted Floor Mats

Last edited by liera21; 04-16-21 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vrsantana (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 06:40 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Make sure it has all the badges, and the F-sport front end. I'm actually not aware of any "f-sport" steering wheel. Also, the inside headliner/roof will have black carpet on the f-sport.
vrsantana (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 06:50 PM
vrsantana
Driver School Candidate

F Sport front grill

Black roof

F Sport steering wheel
Looks like an F Sport to me. But anywhere I look up the vin it just says it’s a Lexus ct 200h
Old 04-16-21, 07:32 PM
vrsantana
Driver School Candidate

I looked up the vin to another F Sport that found for sale at a lexus dealer and it turns out the site does not designate it at "F Sport", only as a "Lexus CT". This makes me feel better. I usually buy from dealers so this will be my first time buying from a private seller. I'm just making sure I do all my homework.
Thinking of paying my local Lexus dealer to do a complete checkup on it just to be on the safe side. They said it'd be like $200. With it being a 2014 with nearly 120K miles, I don't want any unexpected issues if I can uncover them before I buy.
Old 04-17-21, 07:28 PM
TobiasSing
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Ah look at that, the steering wheel does have a badge on it! I checked mine, and it has it too.

I wouldn't worry about it, it definitely looks like an F-sport to me. If they don't list it as one, they just don't know what they have. There isn't really any official way or reason to call it an F-sport, that is more like a package. If they don't know to call it an F-sport, then they obviously aren't trying to fool anyone with some badging. You can see from the second-to-last picture that the A-pillar carpet inside is indeed black (non f-sport would be light grey there)
The following 2 users liked this post by TobiasSing:
Raidin (04-17-21), vrsantana (04-18-21)
Old 04-17-21, 10:40 PM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

The chances of someone making a standard CT look like an F Sport are extremely low, especially if they end up selling it too.
Old 04-18-21, 01:17 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
The chances of someone making a standard CT look like an F Sport are extremely low, especially if they end up selling it too.
yup i thought that too, so no worries.

And whereever the OP is getting the VIN data it's either being overlooked or its not complete info. Because in short every single MFG installed option and detail of the car is attached to the VIN.

Regardless....this must be an F-Sport
The following 2 users liked this post by HOMER350:
Raidin (04-19-21), vrsantana (04-18-21)
Old 04-18-21, 02:43 PM
vrsantana
Driver School Candidate

Last question: Is it $11K a reasonable pay for this vehicle in decent condition 2014 and 120k miles? I'm just trying to cover all my bases since I'm buying from a private seller.

And thank you all for your input.
Old 04-18-21, 03:35 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by vrsantana
Last question: Is it $11K a reasonable pay for this vehicle in decent condition 2014 and 120k miles? I'm just trying to cover all my bases since I'm buying from a private seller.

And thank you all for your input.
I think $11k is reasonable, at least in Southern California. So it might not be a "deal" but certainly fair in my opinion. And being an F-Sport in clean condition helps.

Time for spark plugs. Also I'd flush coolant and if you do have that car inspected maybe have them take a look at the EGR pipe for any excessive build up..
Old 04-19-21, 10:11 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Likely an F Sport. No one is really going to go through all the trouble of faking an F Sport. The black headliner and pillar covers are the best way to tell cause those are expensive and tricky to replace so the chances someone would go through all that effort are slim to none.
Raidin (04-19-21)