CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-16, 11:09 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Numbahz
Wow, those bulbs look amazing.. talk about official lol. Double the price, no reviews yet.. I may not be ready for that jump yet..
with brands like PIAA and Philips, i would trust them over any other after market. they are established and what they do.

those bulbs aren't really sold in the US, and the retailers that do have them for very expensive.

ordering for japan, around $160, is not that bad.

quality bulbs/lighting setups are never cheap. i'd rather not have a $60 set of LED bulbs burn out on me.
Old 05-30-16, 06:21 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I would still go with HID... Take a look at this review:

https://www.xenondepot.com/highlande...eview-s/52.htm

Steve
Old 06-02-16, 06:00 AM
Numbahz
Driver

I am 100% uninterested in putting HID or any conversion kit for that matter into this car. I am still seeking brighter fanless led, the ones I ended up getting are only 2200lum and i want something a bit brighter its just a tad to dim for me.
Old 06-02-16, 07:22 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Just keep in mind that the brighter you currently go, the hotter the heatsink is going to get -- assuming you don't have a fan.

Steve
Old 06-02-16, 05:05 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

UPdate with more pics taken at a location as dark as I can find middle of the night during my travel in the middle of no where in central valley Cali. I was trying to take the pics by myself therefore apologize for the somewhat blurry pics as it was difficult trying to take some of the pics from the driver's seat to get a driver's point of view.

As you can see the light projected by the LED bulbs (low beam and fog light) were pure white (not bluish/ricey) .

Below is my post on another forum here on CL:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...ml#post9505787

Here are pics of my CT200h with the LED lights. The low beam ones are the NEW Led bulbs that I replaced about a month ago due to bumper damage last year. The fog LED lights are the old LED lights that I had installed some two years ago. The white box shows the NEW LED lights. I had to move the remaining old LED light to the fog and take out the remaining good old LED low beam and replaced both low beams with the new LED lights since these LED lights are sold in pairs. The 2nd generation CREE LED lights are not available anymore as I think the new LED lights I just bought about one month ago are the next gen CREE LED lights.

Please see pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuprod
I've read. My question to you was directly understandable.
IE: Link me to fanless units such as the cree unit above that you deem are reliable as opposed to the ones I purchased

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...ht-enough.html

20160503_094904.jpg 20160503_094913.jpg 20160503_094934.jpg 20160514_203839.jpg 20160514_203855.jpg

Originally Posted by Numbahz
I am 100% uninterested in putting HID or any conversion kit for that matter into this car. I am still seeking brighter fanless led, the ones I ended up getting are only 2200lum and i want something a bit brighter its just a tad to dim for me.
Attached Thumbnails Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-img_9330.jpg   Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-img_9327.jpg   Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-img_9323.jpg   Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-img_9320.jpg   Install  LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough-img_9315.jpg  

Last edited by lexusrus; 11-03-16 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-06-16, 05:49 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stay away from HIDs. I would do normal incandescent or halogen bulbs over HIDs any day.
LED headlights are the way to go that they make them bright enough now.
Old 08-10-16, 02:21 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Sold my CT. =( I'll miss you CT folks. Got an IS200t.

Anyone in SoCal want my Bi-Xenon (RX350 w/ clear lens), Denso Slims (potted), wire harness, CBI bulbs, all for sale. Also included the rubber caps for the headlight, custom cut. Plug and play folks. Super sharp blue cutoff, and very long and wide beam pattern. Pick up in Irvine. PM me
Old 10-13-16, 09:09 AM
Hypebeast
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Can anyone comment on which of these options would be better?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehi...1400&year=2011

One is 6700k, one is 6000k. One has the fan design,
Old 10-14-16, 11:58 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

You should also look here as they have a great reputation http://www.xenondepot.com/

The 6000k bulb will provide better brightness and vision at night. If you get closer to 5,000k it will be even brighter and better.

Last edited by Clutchless; 10-14-16 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-22-16, 05:46 AM
animuz1
Driver School Candidate

I am very interested in replacing my halogen bulbs with LEDs. Is it just plug and play?
I see when you purchase the LEDs, it comes with some cables, what are these for?

Sorry I am a big noob with everything under the hood :P
Old 10-22-16, 10:15 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I bought 2 pairs of these and use them in the low beam and high beams, they are plug and play and are plenty bright enough. Total install was 5 minutes. Didn't buy them for fog lights because I am planning on doing yellow lens tint. Have them installed on my IS too.

Last edited by MAizz; 10-23-16 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-22-16, 08:28 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Yes, all plug and play.

I replaced low beam and fogs on my CT200H. Still good after almost 3 years now.

similarly the fogs on my RX450H and LX570 since the fogs on these are halagen. The low beams are already HID from factory.

No errors and no problems.

Just make sure you get the FANLESS type. The one's with fans WILL FAIL before it's time.

Just do a search on my this forum for postings.

Some will advocate for either a much higher priced and "properly" R&D led bulbs OR one of the pricier HID units instead of the "3C's" that I have currently installed in my Lexus vehicles which worked like a charm fir thd last almost 3 years. BTW, "3C's" = Cheap Chinese Crap. Some are really good stuff at reasonable prices. So it is not all bad.

Originally Posted by animuz1
I am very interested in replacing my halogen bulbs with LEDs. Is it just plug and play?
I see when you purchase the LEDs, it comes with some cables, what are these for?

Sorry I am a big noob with everything under the hood :P
Old 11-09-16, 10:50 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

More pics of my LED low beams and LED fogs.

The LED FOGS are my original LED bulbs that I had almost 3 years ago (I had to rearrange them after my accident that took out the driver side fog LED and the vendor did not carry the same original LED bulbs anymore. Therefore I had to buy a pair of the newer LED bulbs as they are sold in pairs. So I put the NEW BRIGHTER LED bulbs in the low beams and the original older LED bulbs in the FOGS).

The LED low beams are the newer brighter 4000 lumens each 6000K color replacement from "Car Rover".

Picture taken from the driver's side fender looking toward the front of the car. You may have to remove some of the black plastic covers on top of the head light assembly to gain access to the low beam bulb (which is the "MOST OUTSIDE BULB" on the light assembly)
Picture taken from the driver's side fender looking toward the front of the car. You may have to remove some of the black plastic covers on top of the head light assembly to gain access to the low beam bulb (which is the "MOST OUTSIDE BULB" on the light assembly)

The clips (2) will need to be removed by turning the plastic screw counter clock wise 90 degrees and carefully pull it out. The top clip will still be clipped to the fender and you can leave it there, but becareful as the first time I did it, it snapped off and landed somewhere behind the front bumper and I never was able to retrieve it !!!! Then carefully peel back the black wheel liner and reach in to get to the fog light and turn counter clock wise to take the bulb out and then disconnect from the wire harness. Reverse the steps to put in the new LED bulbs. You might need to use some small zip ties to secure excess wires from the new LED bulb assembly.
The clips (2) will need to be removed by turning the plastic screw counter clock wise 90 degrees and carefully pull it out. The top clip will still be clipped to the fender and you can leave it there, but becareful as the first time I did it, it snapped off and landed somewhere behind the front bumper and I never was able to retrieve it !!!! Then carefully peel back the black wheel liner and reach in to get to the fog light and turn counter clock wise to take the bulb out and then disconnect from the wire harness. Reverse the steps to put in the new LED bulbs. You might need to use some small zip ties to secure excess wires from the new LED bulb assembly.

Both LED low beams and LED fogs on.

Low beam LED on only. FOGs LEDs OFF.
Both Low beam LEDs and FOGs LEDs ON.
Low beam LED on only. FOGs LEDs OFF.
Both Low beam LEDs and FOGs LEDs ON.

BOTH LED low beams ON AND OEM halogen high beams ON. LED FOGs OFF.
BOTH LED low beams ON AND OEM halogen high beams ON.
BOTH LED low beams ON AND OEM halogen high beams ON.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
UPdate with more pics taken at a location as dark as I can find middle of the night during my travel in the middle of no where in central valley Cali. I was trying to take the pics by myself therefore apologize for the somewhat blurry pics as it was difficult trying to take some of the pics from the driver's seat to get a driver's point of view.

As you can see the light projected by the LED bulbs (low beam and fog light) were pure white (not bluish/ricey) .

Below is my post on another forum here on CL:

Here are pics of my CT200h with the LED lights. The low beam ones are the NEW Led bulbs that I replaced about a month ago due to bumper damage last year. The fog LED lights are the old LED lights that I had installed some two years ago. The white box shows the NEW LED lights. I had to move the remaining old LED light to the fog and take out the remaining good old LED low beam and replaced both low beams with the new LED lights since these LED lights are sold in pairs. The 2nd generation CREE LED lights are not available anymore as I think the new LED lights I just bought about one month ago are the next gen CREE LED lights.

Please see pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuprod
I've read. My question to you was directly understandable.
IE: Link me to fanless units such as the cree unit above that you deem are reliable as opposed to the ones I purchased

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-200h-model-2011-present/ct-2...ht-enough.html

20160503_094904.jpg 20160503_094913.jpg 20160503_094934.jpg 20160514_203839.jpg 20160514_203855.jpg

Last edited by lexusrus; 11-10-16 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-10-16, 02:15 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

how does the 4000K match the LED strip in person? I opted for the 6000K but IMO it doesn't flow well with the DRLs. I like them in the high beams so I wont change those. but may want to swap low beams
Old 11-10-16, 06:18 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by MAizz
how does the 4000K match the LED strip in person? I opted for the 6000K but IMO it doesn't flow well with the DRLs. I like them in the high beams so I wont change those. but may want to swap low beams
**may be hard, without trying various bulbs... Someone like Xenon Depot who has a huge following of lighting nerds, will do comparisons all day long.

For the average guy, well it takes time and money to find "the one" to match... the strips would be rather hard to match since the light refracts much differently from a projector bowl when compared to mini-reflectors housing individual LED's

Quick Reply: Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough