CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-16, 05:12 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I just went with 6000K LED bulbs and call it a day. The 4500k OEM DRL is hard to match.

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
**may be hard, without trying various bulbs... Someone like Xenon Depot who has a huge following of lighting nerds, will do comparisons all day long.

For the average guy, well it takes time and money to find "the one" to match... the strips would be rather hard to match since the light refracts much differently from a projector bowl when compared to mini-reflectors housing individual LED's
Old 11-11-16, 08:33 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I just went with 6000K LED bulbs and call it a day. The 4500k OEM DRL is hard to match.
Oh never mind then, your pictures seemed to match pretty well but I'll stick with the 6000K
Old 11-11-16, 05:06 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

On my pics looking at the front LED low beam, LED fog, and the OEM DRL, you will see the subtle "yellow" color of the OEM DRL compared to the LED low beam and LED fog lights.

In retrospect, I PROBABLY would have gone with the 4500K/4000K color LED bulbs. BUT THE 4500K/4000K color choice was NOT available back 3 years ago in the LED format from the vendor. After my accident last year that took out my driver's side front bumper (LED fog) I had to stick with the 6500K/6000K color replacement to try to match my other almost 3 year old LED bulbs. The other option is to replace ALL 4 LED bulbs with the 4000K/4500K clor (I was not willing to waste money on this, especially I can think of other more good uses for replacement cost of around $120 for new two pairs.).

I do remember somewhere I read that at 4500K color you DO SEE better in heavy fog weather compared to higher Kelvin colors like the 6500K/6000K. Something to do with how our eyes perceive light and be able to see further out.

Originally Posted by MAizz
Oh never mind then, your pictures seemed to match pretty well but I'll stick with the 6000K
Old 02-20-17, 12:43 PM
edjee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do you find H11 LED 4500K bulbs at?
I'm not getting anything on amazon
Old 02-20-17, 03:15 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Below is my earlier post:

I bought mine here:

Amazon Amazon

lexusrus , 02-18-17 11:23 AM
This is the one I would go with click below. The ones I bought over two years ago was discontinued and an updated and even brighter with higher output is below.

One of the LEDs I bought on Amazon from this vendor, Car Rover, burned out after about three years if constant use (I keep the low beams on at all times for visibility so others can see my small CT200h coming). The vendor replaced it in pair (BC the old LEDs are no longer made) with the newest and even brighter LEDs WITHOUT charge (So I got two new LEDs even though only one burned out. Needed two so that the both will match due to the newer LEDs are a lot brighter.)

Amazon Amazon

See below for pics I had posted on this CT200h forum for my 2013 CT200h.......These project very far and well. I have some cut off pics inside my garage which I can't find right now. I'll post later.

EDIT: Pics of aftermarket LED low beam and fog lights cutoff below:

Aftermarket LED LOW BEAMS AND LED FOGS ON.
Aftermarket LED LOW BEAMS ON only.
Aftermarket LED LOW BEAMS AND OEM HALOGEN HIGH BEAMS ON. LED FOGs off.

More pics (links below) of my aftermarket LED LOW BEAM and FOG lights from the "DRIVER SEAT LOOKING OUT":

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=398449&d=1478182114

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=398450&d=1478182114

Below is another post I posted earlier with pics:

• lexusrus , 02-11-17 06:36 PM
    Here are pics I just took earlier this am before sunrise of my CT200h AFTERMARKET LED LOW BEAMS AND FOG LIGHTS from the point of view at the driver seat looking out through the windshield as one would be looking while driving.

With BOTH AFTERMARKET low beam LED and fog light LED on in almost complete darkness.

As you can see the latest generation of AFTERMARKET LED BULBS punched through very very far indeed.

I zoomed in on the pic where the speed limit 35 mph and further behind on the yellow diamond sign and BEYOND.......MY AFTERMARKET LED LOW BEAMS AND LED FOG LIGHTS STILL PUNCHED THROUGH (you can see ALL THE ROAD SIGNS AND GROUND REFLECTIVE MARKERS LIGHT UP). PLEASE see below:

As a comparison, I'll do a follow-up pic with my RX450h and LX 570 with OEM HID low beams when I have some time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ams30gts
    I have the OPT7 FluxBeam X LED

I really like everything other than it shines way too low.

ams30gts , 02-11-17 11:05 PM
    Yours look way better than mine. I'm posting another thread with a beamshot comparison between the Opt7 FluxBeam X vs Morimoto Elite HID.

lexusrus , 02-11-17 11:57 PM
    I think the newer LEDs are getting much better. Of course the "cheap aftermarket LEDs" like the ones I have $79 for a pair WILL NOT even remotely equal the OEM LEDs like the OEM triple beam LEDs as on my RCF. The triple beam LEDs on the RCF is very sharp and project extremely well and amazing.

I think even the current new generation of LEDs are surpassing some of the OEM HIDs. That's why some car manufacturers like Lexus is switching to LEDs.

What I'm wondering is how my cheap aftermarket LEDs on my CT200h compares to the OEM HIDs on my RX450h and my LX570. I'll have to take more pics at night and see.

Originally Posted by edjee
where do you find H11 LED 4500K bulbs at?
I'm not getting anything on amazon
Old 02-28-17, 02:23 PM
Newps
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, last week I picked up a set of XenonDepot's H11 Xtreme LED headlight bulbs 5700K .

I also picked up a set of their fog light bulbs. Only problem is they updated the fog bulbs from their ( H11 LED Bulb 30W CREE LED Fog Light Bulbs 5000K ) to their new ones ( H11 Xtreme LED CMB-series Fog Light Bulbs 5000K). It sucks because they updated / changed them literally a couple of days after I bought them to the new style. I would have much rather paid a few bucks more and had the new style.

I will say these are really nice LED's. They match the stock running lights perfectly and the light performance is excellent. I know there are cheaper options out there but in my experience, cheap is not good, good is not cheap. I would rather pay a few bucks more and buy it once. Knowing that if there is ever a problem, I can pick up the phone and call the company. I liked these so much I picked up a set of highs and lows for my 2001 Landcruiser. I will post up a shot tonight, only problem is it will be a cell phone shot.

2012 CT200h F-Sport
Old 03-01-17, 04:55 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Looks nice.

But at $129 a pair!!!! The ones I got are now $59 a pair.

Mine has a "metal body" which in my opinion is better than "plastic".

Mine has a little higher output. 4800 lumens each.

Mine is also a "CREE LED".

Probably mine and yours are made along side the same factory in China. Just packaged differently and with a different vendor's name and hence yours twice the cost??? LOL !!!

This is where I bought mine for $59 a pair:

Car Rover LED Headlight Bulbs Ultra Bright Arc-Beam All-in-One Conversion Kit - 80w 9,600Lm 6,000K Cool White CREE
by CAR ROVER
Link: http://a.co/1mAync9
http://a.co/1mAync9

Technical Feature:
Power: 80W (40W per bulb)
Operating Voltage: 12-24V(9-36V DC)
Lumen: 9,600 Lms (4,800Lms per bulb)
Color: 6000K pure White
Cooling: Concept Copper Heat Dissipation Belt
Waterproof Rate: IP68
Beam Angel: 360
Lifespan: >50,000 Hours
Operating temperature: -40 ~+80

Advantages Compared to Halogen & HID bulbs & Other brand LED bulbs:
* Fast ON/OFF, NO "warm up"
* Energy Saving, Much less power consumption
* NO UV Radiation. NO disturbing Interference.
* No Ballast, safe for driving
* Legal Installation. No Worries for State Law.
* Original Halogen Lamp Size.
* Good Cooling, Thermal Conductivity.
* A optimal beam pattern.
* Independent drive double protection.

Package Content:
2 x LED light bulbs
1 x Manual
1 years worry-free product guarantee for every purchase from Car Rover

Originally Posted by Newps
Hey guys, last week I picked up a set of XenonDepot's H11 Xtreme LED headlight bulbs 5700K .

I also picked up a set of their fog light bulbs. Only problem is they updated the fog bulbs from their ( H11 LED Bulb 30W CREE LED Fog Light Bulbs 5000K ) to their new ones ( H11 Xtreme LED CMB-series Fog Light Bulbs 5000K). It sucks because they updated / changed them literally a couple of days after I bought them to the new style. I would have much rather paid a few bucks more and had the new style.

I will say these are really nice LED's. They match the stock running lights perfectly and the light performance is excellent. I know there are cheaper options out there but in my experience, cheap is not good, good is not cheap. I would rather pay a few bucks more and buy it once. Knowing that if there is ever a problem, I can pick up the phone and call the company. I liked these so much I picked up a set of highs and lows for my 2001 Landcruiser. I will post up a shot tonight, only problem is it will be a cell phone shot.

2012 CT200h F-Sport
Old 03-02-17, 08:27 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

For some reason I can't attach pics in private message reply.
Therefore I'm posting pics here for the interested parties for my install of my low beam/fog LEDs. I kept the high beams stock OEM halogens.

Looks nice.

Probably mine and yours are made along side the same factory in China. Just packaged differently and with a different vendor's name and hence yours twice the cost??? LOL !!!

This is where I bought mine for $59 a pair:

Car Rover LED Headlight Bulbs Ultra Bright Arc-Beam All-in-One Conversion Kit - 80w 9,600Lm 6,000K Cool White CREE
by CAR ROVER
Link: http://a.co/1mAync9
http://a.co/1mAync9

Technical Feature:
Power: 80W (40W per bulb)
Operating Voltage: 12-24V(9-36V DC)
Lumen: 9,600 Lms (4,800Lms per bulb)
Color: 6000K pure White
Cooling: Concept Copper Heat Dissipation Belt
Waterproof Rate: IP68
Beam Angel: 360
Lifespan: >50,000 Hours
Operating temperature: -40 ~+80

Advantages Compared to Halogen & HID bulbs & Other brand LED bulbs:
* Fast ON/OFF, NO "warm up"
* Energy Saving, Much less power consumption
* NO UV Radiation. NO disturbing Interference.
* No Ballast, safe for driving
* Legal Installation. No Worries for State Law.
* Original Halogen Lamp Size.
* Good Cooling, Thermal Conductivity.
* A optimal beam pattern.
* Independent drive double protection.

Package Content:
2 x LED light bulbs
1 x Manual
1 years worry-free product guarantee for every purchase from Car Rover

Last edited by lexusrus; 03-02-17 at 08:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
toonchew (03-02-17)
Old 03-02-17, 01:29 PM
Newps
Driver School Candidate

Looks nice.

Lexusrus
"But at $129 a pair!!!! The ones I got are now $59 a pair."
* They were just on sale for 20% off, so I got them for $103.20. So it's a $43.21 difference.

"Mine has a "metal body" which in my opinion is better than "plastic"
* Factory is plastic, along with most of the other high end replacement bulbs.

"Mine has a little higher output. 4800 lumens each."
* I don't need to address this because it's just silly point. I will say these lights are white light and not blue. It looks like from your pictures they are a blue light.

"Mine is also a "CREE LED".​​​​​​
These are not Cree LED Bulbs. These are, "High-efficiency Philips LumiLEDS LXZ2-5770 emitters were selected for a natural-white 5700K color temperature to give you the ideal balance of penetrating headlamp performance and sharp, ice white good looks -- without unsafe, illegal deep blue tinges. Compared to Cree chips, the LumiLEDS' smaller footprint and undomed configuration give you superior optical precision. Our emitter arrays conform to the H11 halogen filament's position and orientation for maximum compatibility with the optics in a halogen headlamp. Models that benefit from it are clockable to adjust the light distribution to best match your particular lamps." These also give you the ability to adjust the light distribution by clocking them.

"Probably mine and yours are made along side the same factory in China. Just packaged differently and with a different vendor's name and hence yours twice the cost??? LOL !!!"
* They could be but my guess is they are made at a different factory. If you look at the design, construction and components they are vastly different. Usually when a design is being copied they look very similar, use some of the the same components and just change the stickers and packaging. Yes they are more money then yours. I guess it depends on what you want. I tend to pay more for a better product because of it's quality and longevity. That's why I only own Toyota's.

I can't say if one is vastly better then the other. I would guess if you were to compare them side by side you would see the difference in quality. The quality of construction is apparent as soon as you open the package. At the end of the day I just wanted a quality product that would match the Lexus CT 200h day time driving lights...

From comparing our photos looks like the light pattern of mine is more evenly distributed but this could be because of your garage and distance you are from it.

Last edited by Newps; 03-02-17 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-02-17, 05:24 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Aftermarket LED LOW BEAMS AND LED FOGS ON.
Aftermarket LED LOW BEAMS ON only.

Aftermarket low beams LED AND OEM HIGH BEAMS HALOGENS ON

​​​

Hey poster (Newps). Do you see BLUE in any of my pics above with my CT200h aftermarket LEDs???

Tell me it AIN'T BLUE!!!! CAN YOU SEE THE BLUE? I DON'T!!!!
​​​​​​

Looks nice.

Lexusrus
"But at $129 a pair!!!! The ones I got are now $59 a pair."
* They were just on sale for 20% off, so I got them for $103.20. So it's a $43.21 difference.

"Mine has a "metal body" which in my opinion is better than "plastic"
* Factory is plastic, along with most of the other high end replacement bulbs.

"Mine has a little higher output. 4800 lumens each."
* I don't need to address this because it's just silly point. I will say these lights are white light and not blue. It looks like from your pictures they are a blue light.

"Mine is also a "CREE LED".​​​​​​
These are not Cree LED Bulbs. These are, "High-efficiency Philips LumiLEDS LXZ2-5770 emitters were selected for a natural-white 5700K color temperature to give you the ideal balance of penetrating headlamp performance and sharp, ice white good looks -- without unsafe, illegal deep blue tinges. Compared to Cree chips, the LumiLEDS' smaller footprint and undomed configuration give you superior optical precision. Our emitter arrays conform to the H11 halogen filament's position and orientation for maximum compatibility with the optics in a halogen headlamp. Models that benefit from it are clockable to adjust the light distribution to best match your particular lamps." These also give you the ability to adjust the light distribution by clocking them.

"Probably mine and yours are made along side the same factory in China. Just packaged differently and with a different vendor's name and hence yours twice the cost??? LOL !!!"
* They could be but my guess is they are made at a different factory. If you look at the design, construction and components they are vastly different. Usually when a design is being copied they look very similar, use some of the the same components and just change the stickers and packaging. Yes they are more money then yours. I guess it depends on what you want. I tend to pay more for a better product because of it's quality and longevity. That's why I only own Toyota's.

I can't say if one is vastly better then the other. I would guess if you were to compare them side by side you would see the difference in quality. The quality of construction is apparent as soon as you open the package. At the end of the day I just wanted a quality product that would match the Lexus CT 200h day time driving lights...

From comparing our photos looks like the light pattern of mine is more evenly distributed but this could be because of your garage and distance you are from it.

Last edited by lexusrus; 03-03-17 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-03-17, 12:56 PM
Newps
Driver School Candidate

Hey poster (Newps). Do you see BLUE in any of my pics above with my CT200h aftermarket LEDs??? Tell me it AIN'T BLUE!!!! CAN YOU SEE THE BLUE? I DON'T!!!!
In these new photos they don't look blue. It was in the photo above with the palm tree watermark that they did. They look good in the new photos by the way.
Old 03-03-17, 02:35 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

When I first picked up my RCF with OEM triple beam LEDs, many people had thought it was very very very bright and at certain angles had a slight tinge of blue to some people. I don't see it. But I guess the RCF triple beam LEDs are getting in the 6000K+ range? IDK.

Hey poster (Newps). Do you see BLUE in any of my pics above with my CT200h aftermarket LEDs??? Tell me it AIN'T BLUE!!!! CAN YOU SEE THE BLUE? I DON'T!!!!
In these new photos they don't look blue. It was in the photo above with the palm tree watermark that they did. They look good in the new photos by the way.
Old 04-19-17, 09:27 PM
supergo94
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went with 6000k amazon specials...They work great...Cheap upgrade that really changes the light output
Old 04-20-17, 12:20 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Which one did you get?

Just make sure that it is WITHOUT ANY MOVING FANS WHICH WILL FAIL TOO SOON AND DRIVE WATER FROM RAIN/CAR WASH INTO LIGHT HOUSING.

Originally Posted by supergo94
i went with 6000k amazon specials...They work great...Cheap upgrade that really changes the light output
Old 04-27-17, 10:29 AM
Newps
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys just an fyi they Xenon Depot is have a 20% off sale till the end of the month.

http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-Xtreme...xt-led-h11.htm

- With 20% off = $103.99 for head lights.
http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-led-fo...ed-h11-cmb.htm

- With 20% off = $39.99 for fog lights.
---------------------------------------------------
Total for both lights = $143.98 to your door.

The 5,700k head light and 5k fog light are a perfect match to the OEM daytime running light strip.

They also offer free 2-day shipping on their LED kits. When I got my two new kids for my Landcruiser I inspected them again. They are completely made out of metal, not plastic like I posted earlier. You can feel and see the quality of the product in your hand.

Quick Reply: Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough