ct200h aftermarket stereo replacment - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

ct200h aftermarket stereo replacment

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-14, 11:33 PM   #1
testing
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 162
Default ct200h aftermarket stereo replacment

I want to replace the factory stereo with the aftermarket stereo that will work with the steering wheel controls. Any recommendation? Did everyone try this one on ebay?




testing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 11:53 PM   #2
testing
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 162
Default

anyone please help
testing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 05:24 PM   #3
russct200h
Driver School Candidate
 
russct200h's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: florida
Posts: 3
Default

Looks Ok at best. But its from China so I am not sure I would trust it. Nobody makes a dash kit yet for a radio in the CT. Wonder if we could get a hold of that bracket and use any radio we would like.
russct200h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 06:17 PM   #4
testing
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russct200h View Post
Looks Ok at best. But its from China so I am not sure I would trust it. Nobody makes a dash kit yet for a radio in the CT. Wonder if we could get a hold of that bracket and use any radio we would like.
I went to best buy and they don't have a aftermarket ones that will fit CT200H.
testing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 06:19 PM   #5
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,852
Default

I didn't even know you could do this
swtjlsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 10:22 PM   #6
JDMpeezy
Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
JDMpeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 91
Default

hmmmm. sketchy. if you decide to do this keep us in the loop.
interested in this
JDMpeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 05:41 AM   #7
Billisme
Driver
 
Billisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 121
Default

One of the issues with the CT radio is the chassis is larger than the face because of the design of the center console and the trim piece on the passenger side. There have been some people online that have installed a DDIN radio in the CT and they have ranged from pretty good to train wreck.

I would stay away from the China radios (personal experience talking). at almost $900 for a radio you never heard of made by some factory in China, not worth the issues...and there will be issues.
Billisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 08:48 AM   #8
hdave
Driver
 
hdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 190
Default

you are better off doing this:
buy a tablet
install an offline gps app
custom fabricate it to fit in the storage compartment on the dash
hdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 11:07 AM   #9
testing
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 162
Default

Did anyone in this group has replacement the stock one with aftermarket?
testing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 10:35 AM   #10
rtwamski
Driver School Candidate
 
rtwamski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdave View Post
you are better off doing this:
buy a tablet
install an offline gps app
custom fabricate it to fit in the storage compartment on the dash
Do you have any examples to show? Sounds interesting.
rtwamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 12:20 PM   #11
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 1,445
Default

After doing some research, it seems to be very similar to the unit that is popular with the ISx50 community which I actually own one. It can be purchased by the same Alibaba vendors. it has the same functionality as a stock NAV unit minus the integration with the car maintenance system. I got mine for a good price and to me it was worth every penny and im sure some of the other IS guys/gals can say the same for a Navigation upgrade. Take a look at the IS FlyAudio Thread.

Nav works well (although I barely use it), Bluetooth on the phone sounds great but I am not a fan of the Bluetooth audio streaming as the quality isn't as there. DVD plays good and best part is its plug and play, identical to the OEM unit and works with steering controls. Can be installed in under an hour with handtools and a sense of direction. Just my .02
NYKnick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 04:26 PM   #12
testing
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKnick101 View Post
After doing some research, it seems to be very similar to the unit that is popular with the ISx50 community which I actually own one. It can be purchased by the same Alibaba vendors. it has the same functionality as a stock NAV unit minus the integration with the car maintenance system. I got mine for a good price and to me it was worth every penny and im sure some of the other IS guys/gals can say the same for a Navigation upgrade. Take a look at the IS FlyAudio Thread.

Nav works well (although I barely use it), Bluetooth on the phone sounds great but I am not a fan of the Bluetooth audio streaming as the quality isn't as there. DVD plays good and best part is its plug and play, identical to the OEM unit and works with steering controls. Can be installed in under an hour with handtools and a sense of direction. Just my .02
Hey NYKNICK101, Where did you purchase the unit? I just wonder if they have one for CT200h
testing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 05:54 PM   #13
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 1,445
Default

They seem to have these units for a series of cars. My coworker has one for his 2009 accord w/o nav and it looks just like OEM. Thonzer is the vendor that I got mine from on Alibaba site and they have a site where they have them for quite a few different cars
NYKnick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 09:24 PM   #14
testing
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKnick101 View Post
They seem to have these units for a series of cars. My coworker has one for his 2009 accord w/o nav and it looks just like OEM. Thonzer is the vendor that I got mine from on Alibaba site and they have a site where they have them for quite a few different cars
OK thanks for you help
testing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mods, mods, and more mods Billisme CT 200h Model (2011-present) 13 04-06-15 05:31 AM
Android Double Din 702GS Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 4 12-05-14 12:21 PM
Lexus CT200H In-Dash GPS Navigation testing CT 200h Model (2011-present) 3 07-02-14 04:28 PM
My audio system upgrade Billisme CT 200h Model (2011-present) 7 08-12-13 07:26 AM
Lexus IS250/350 chinese navigation? pavelekPL Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 0 10-24-09 07:01 PM


Tags
200h, aftermarket, ct, lexus, stereo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved