CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

A little work over the weekend

Old 05-14-14, 06:12 AM
Billisme
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little work over the weekend

Hi everyone,
So this past weekend I set out to wrap the hatch, roof, and hood with flat black wrap from Avery Dennison (we sell it where i work). I have never messed with vinyl wrap before so I figured it would be an experience...and it was. I'm not going to go into a long how-to because I'm still figuring out the tricks of the trade.
If there is one thing I learned about the process is TAKE YOUR TIME! do not rush anything because it will bite you in the butt.

I only had time to do the hatch and wing so here is the pic of it completed:
[IMG][/IMG]

The panel above the license plate was the first thing I did and it took me 2.5 hours to complete. I knew I was in for a battle.
The other part of the hatch (where the license plate is and the light housing) was by far easier since it didn't have as many extreme curves.
The wing was a B!T@H!! I set out to use two pieces of vinyl and use the knifeless tape some of the wrap experts use to seam the two pieces together. That failed
So I tried wrapping the wing in one piece. I was 95% done, looking good, and I put too much heat on the vinyl and it ripped. I was P!$$ed!
So I tried one more time with a single piece and it worked.
It's not perfect, but for my first time ever wrapping something like this I can't complain.

So next up is the roof and hood which should be easy compared to the hatch and wing. I'll post up pics of that once completed.

FYI - the rear emblem was removed, not wrapped over

Last edited by Billisme; 05-14-14 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-14-14, 01:22 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks good. It must be some hard work wrapping vinyl. Keep it up and post more pictures when you finish the roof and hood...