CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

How to change Lexus Personalized Settings in your CT200h

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-14, 07:19 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How to change Lexus Personalized Settings in your CT200h

You know how dealers are always a pain to deal with when it comes to getting them to change personalization settings in your car? They never find the right setting, or they say it's impossible to change, or they don't want to do it, or they want to charge a lot of money?

Well, now you can do it yourself with a few taps on your smartphone We've recently released a new version of our Carista OBD2 app for Android that can change Lexus Personalized Settings and also do Lexus-specific diagnostics and clear any trouble codes and warning lights.

The app costs $9.99 if you want to change settings, and it's free to see what settings are available in your specific car. The hardware you need is a standard ELM327 bluetooth adapter, which you may already have, but even if you don't, you can get one for around $10 on amazon, ebay, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions, feedback, suggestions, etc. - I'm here to help
Old 03-27-14, 12:28 PM
AspenCdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting, could get rid of that annoying reverse beeping and I already have the ELM327....
Old 03-27-14, 01:50 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AspenCdn
Very interesting, could get rid of that annoying reverse beeping and I already have the ELM327....
Yup, we definitely support that setting. (We've tried that particular setting on a Prius, but it should be the same on the CT). In any case, you can see what settings are supported by your car before buying the Pro Package in Carista A 3rd gen Prius, for example, supports around 30-40 different settings, and your CT200h probably supports even more than that. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-27-14, 07:50 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for what it's worth, some settings are customizable yourself. the others are done by a dealer free of charge within the first 6 months of ownership. if you have a good dealership and/or service advisor, i am sure they would be happy to do that well after the 6 months.

here is a PDF from lexus on the CT nav equipped cars http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT2...th-nav-LPS.pdf
Old 03-28-14, 04:37 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lexuslover
for what it's worth, some settings are customizable yourself. the others are done by a dealer free of charge within the first 6 months of ownership. if you have a good dealership and/or service advisor, i am sure they would be happy to do that well after the 6 months.

here is a PDF from lexus on the CT nav equipped cars http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/CT2...th-nav-LPS.pdf
Thanks for posting the link - it's very useful.

Sure, going to the dealer is definitely an option, just not a very convenient one (and usually not a free one after the first service)

But yes, in the interest of being thorough, here are the options you have:
1) Change settings via nav: only some settings are available, and only if you have a nav
2) Go to the dealer: takes time/hassle, and after first service, costs money
3) Buy Techstream: this is Toyota's software that dealers use; it's good and has all settings, but is a pain to set up (you need an older 32-bit version of Windows running), and it's cumbersome to carry a laptop in your car and plug in a cable every time you want to change something.
4) Use Carista: doesn't have 100% of all settings (yet), but is much simpler to use, no setup needed, and runs on your mobile phone using a wireless dongle to connect to the car. Total cost: about $20.
5) Don't do anything, just live with the settings the way they are. You might get annoyed from time to time. Or all the time.

Forgive me for being biased, but I really think we've come up with a very useful product here
Old 03-28-14, 06:04 AM
Billisme
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
4) Use Carista: doesn't have 100% of all settings (yet), but is much simpler to use, no setup needed, and runs on your mobile phone using a wireless dongle to connect to the car. Total cost: about $20.
when you get those settings you are working on will there be an update to the app or will it be a different app altogether?
my dealer is a ways away from me and I have a used CT (bought from private party) so I think this app will be great for me. Plus I do not get a warm and snuggly feeling from my dealer, I doubt they would do anything for free just because, so I would rather pay the $20 and be able to change setings myself when I want rather then wait till oil change time and hope they get it done.
Old 03-28-14, 06:32 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Billisme
when you get those settings you are working on will there be an update to the app or will it be a different app altogether?
my dealer is a ways away from me and I have a used CT (bought from private party) so I think this app will be great for me. Plus I do not get a warm and snuggly feeling from my dealer, I doubt they would do anything for free just because, so I would rather pay the $20 and be able to change setings myself when I want rather then wait till oil change time and hope they get it done.
It will be a free update to the same app. Our goal is to support all settings that the dealer can change. Right now we have maybe 80-90%. And as we add new settings, they will be available as free updates.
Old 03-28-14, 09:26 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive me for being biased, but I really think we've come up with a very useful product here
oh, i agree you are providing a great product/service for $20

some members and owners don't even realize there are LPS to begin with, so just wanted to provide the list. but you are right, for second owners that bought via private party, this is a valuable tool!
Old 03-30-14, 08:35 AM
spyderman3
Driver School Candidate

I just order the Bluetooth OBDII adapter from Amazon... I will definitely give this a shot.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-14, 06:42 AM
JediKeith
Rookie

Had a friend remove the reverse beep and seat belt beep this weekend. Glad those are now gone!
Old 03-31-14, 01:08 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lexuslover
oh, i agree you are providing a great product/service for $20

some members and owners don't even realize there are LPS to begin with, so just wanted to provide the list. but you are right, for second owners that bought via private party, this is a valuable tool!
Thanks

Originally Posted by spyderman3
I just order the Bluetooth OBDII adapter from Amazon... I will definitely give this a shot.

Thanks!
That's what I like to hear!

Originally Posted by JediKeith
Had a friend remove the reverse beep and seat belt beep this weekend. Glad those are now gone!
Cool What software did your friend use? Carista on a mobile device or Techstream on a laptop?
Old 04-01-14, 09:11 AM
spyderman3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JediKeith
Did you use Carista to remove that?

I only saw how to remove the reverse beep but not the seatbelt beep...
Old 04-01-14, 09:13 AM
spyderman3
Driver School Candidate

Thanks

That's what I like to hear!

Cool What software did your friend use? Carista on a mobile device or Techstream on a laptop?
I ordered the BAFX OBDII Adapter from Amazon for $23 or so... Connected with my Moto X on the first shot... Loaded up Carista and it worked perfectly.. I was able to remove the reverse beep but not the seatbelt beep... There are a few LPS items that are missing from the app... Are they planning on adding more..

I was interested in removing that seatbelt beep as well.

anyone in the Miami, FL area that needs to do this, I am happy to meet up and let you change whatever settings you want with my setup.. no charge.. maybe buy me a coffee..
Old 04-01-14, 10:21 AM
hdave
Driver

is there a list of settings that we can change using the carista app?

also, will this app work with other cars as well??
Old 04-01-14, 01:05 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

There's no definitive list of settings because it really depends on the exact year, model, factory options, and market/country where the vehicle was sold. But the good thing is that once you have the hardware (ELM327-compatible device), you'll be able to see what settings Carista offers for your particular car BEFORE paying for the app: you only need to do the in-app purchase ("Pro Package") if you want to change a setting.

Also, it's possible to collect some debug data from the car using a debug feature of the app, that will show me which specific settings are supported. If someone is willing to do this with a US CT200h, please let me know and I'll give you instructions on how to collect and send me the data. When I get it, I'll post the list of available settings here for everyone to see. Again, this would just be an example of one specific car of a specific year and with specific factory options. But it will give you guys an idea about what kinds of settings are available on these cars.

And yes, we are indeed adding more settings as we go along (and they'll be available as a free update to the app). We aim to cover 100% of what the dealer can change. We're not quite there yet, but we're close.

We've specifically not included the seatbelt chime setting for legal liability reasons, but if it turns out that there's no law against disabling those in any country where we offer the app, we'll gladly include this setting. We're still in the process of consulting with lawyers on that.

Quick Reply: How to change Lexus Personalized Settings in your CT200h