(Non) Official 2014 CT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-13, 07:01 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
lol I swear, there are only 10 people who post in this sub forum @_@
Is this statement not a simple representation of the number of these cars sold by Lexus? Just kidding of course, although I will say that you don't see any CT's on the road in my neck of the woods.

I recently test drove a 2012 CT and was impressed enough to consider replacing my Vibe with one some day. I like the looks of the 2014 refresh, but it certainly doesn't look that much better than the current model.

My hope is that the refresh will make even more nice used 12/13 models available on the market for even more affordable prices.
Old 11-18-13, 11:23 AM
jclevesq
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J'ai hate de voir
Old 11-18-13, 01:07 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StillLine
Is this statement not a simple representation of the number of these cars sold by Lexus? Just kidding of course, although I will say that you don't see any CT's on the road in my neck of the woods.

I recently test drove a 2012 CT and was impressed enough to consider replacing my Vibe with one some day. I like the looks of the 2014 refresh, but it certainly doesn't look that much better than the current model.

My hope is that the refresh will make even more nice used 12/13 models available on the market for even more affordable prices.
haha, it's quite the opposite here. There are lots of CTs but all but 1 other is modified (Voracious)

How did you like the handling of the CT? I'm simply in love with it! It was handled better than my 2007 IS250 AWD at the Tail of the Dragon on the stock Michelin Primacy MXM4s. The IS had Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical 255/35-18. Obviously it had better overall grip but, the CT exhibited less body roll. The chassis just seems so much stiffer.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on one. It's a wonderful car albeit underpowered for what I want it to do lol
Old 11-18-13, 03:21 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by StillLine

There's plenty of CT's in CA which makes sense since CA is the most populated state.

Hopefully you purchase a CT to replace your Vibe...you'll be happy with what the CT has to offer...
Old 11-19-13, 03:24 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default CT will make three, Lexus' (Lexi?) that is.

Originally Posted by nabbun
haha, it's quite the opposite here. There are lots of CTs but all but 1 other is modified (Voracious)

How did you like the handling of the CT? I'm simply in love with it! It was handled better than my 2007 IS250 AWD at the Tail of the Dragon on the stock Michelin Primacy MXM4s. The IS had Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical 255/35-18. Obviously it had better overall grip but, the CT exhibited less body roll. The chassis just seems so much stiffer.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on one. It's a wonderful car albeit underpowered for what I want it to do lol
nabbun, I thought it handled quite nice considering my limited test drive. I live in Carbondale, IL which is a small college town about 2 hours south east of St. Louis. I'm sure there are several CTs in St. Louis, but there are zero here where I live. I'm totally fine with underpowered since I'm replacing a Vibe. At least it's quieter, smoother, sportier, handles better, gets better MPG, has more luxury amenities and looks way better than the Vibe.

Originally Posted by Trexus
There's plenty of CT's in CA which makes sense since CA is the most populated state.

Hopefully you purchase a CT to replace your Vibe...you'll be happy with what the CT has to offer...
Thanks Trexus, that is the plan. I want to be the only person cruising a CT in my area. I'm in no hurry though since my Vibe is a fine car and I'd like to get a good deal on the right '12 or '13 model.
Old 11-23-13, 09:24 AM
LoveCT
Driver

What does the group think? Are the front and rear bumpers upgradeable from the current gen CT's
Old 11-25-13, 11:21 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

What's New for the 2014 Lexus CT 200h

What's New for the 2014 Lexus CT 200h

The updated 2014 Lexus CT 200h is a premium compact hybrid that appeals to both heart and head. A responsive chassis offers enhanced driving enjoyment while still returning excellent fuel economy ratings. The latest in connected technologies keep pace with online lifestyles while traditional materials like bamboo make a sustainable statement. All this, plus its 5-door versatility and a stylish new look, is why we say the CT offers "efficient exhilaration."

New Standard Feature Highlights

Please click on a link below for more information.
Exterior—Appearance
Revised front appearanceL-finesse spindle grilleRevised rear appearanceLarger roof spoilerNew-design 17-inch split 5-spoke aluminum wheelsLED rear license plate light
Performance—Drivetrain
Revised engine plumbing and mounting for smoother operationRevised suspension tuning for enhanced stabilityExpanded use of body adhesive, benefitting stability and ride comfort
Safety and Security
TRAC-off switchBackup camera adds dynamic gridlines
Comfort—Trim
Parchment NuLuxe replaces Ecru NuLuxeFlaxen leather replaces Water Gray leatherEcru headliners replace Light Gray headlinersLinear wood trim in blackSun visors add slide featureReshaped leather-trimmed shift ****
Comfort—Climate
Dust filter upgraded to dust and pollen filter
Comfort—Audio
Revised steering wheel-mounted controlsNew, thinner center display screen now fixed in position

Available Packages and Options

Please click on a link below for more information.
Revised package contents
New-generation audio (same as on IS)
Enform® with App Suite is now subscription free
Exterior Colors
F SPORT models include Obsidian (212) roof for 2-tone effect; F SPORTs with the Obsidian body color do not have a contrasting roof colorRedline (3T2) replaces Matador Red (3R1)
Old 11-25-13, 11:22 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Revised front appearance with L-finesse spindle grille

2014 CT gains a thorough freshening. Perhaps most importantly, CT adopts a bold new interpretation of the L-finesse spindle grille, marking this car as a proud member of the Lexus family. Also getting updates are the bumper, headlamp design and fog lamp surround. The result is modern, fresh, upscale and thoroughly Lexus.

Revised rear appearance with larger roof spoiler and LED license plate light

To complement the dynamic new front end, the rear of 2014 CT has received its own freshening. The roof spoiler grows by 3mm to make it more dynamic. An integrated shark-fin antenna replaces the previous whip antenna. Other enhancements include LED license plate lights, and new designs for the rear reflectors and diffuser. When combined with the changes at the front, the result is a unified, modern take on a luxury 5-door hatch.

Enhanced dynamic behavior

Engineers spent considerable time making the CT even more refined on the road. By adjusting the engine mounts and inlet pipe, they gained smoother operation. They also revised the suspension. Additional body welds along with the expanded use of body adhesive benefit both control and ride comfort. What does it mean? The 2014 CT is responsive and fun to drive.

New-design 17-inch split 5-spoke aluminum wheels

The new 17-inch split 5-spoke aluminum wheels add the appearance of motion and depth to the CT, even when it's standing still. And, they perfectly complement all the bodywork changes of the new CT.

TRAC-off switch

The Traction Control (TRAC) system now includes an "off" switch. While TRAC should normally be left on, the driver now has the option to temporarily disable it, which may be useful in certain low-traction environments such as snow or sand.

Backup camera with dynamic gridlines

The backup camera1 is designed to help the driver be more aware of the area directly behind the car while the transmission is in reverse. New for 2014, dynamic gridlines show the car's expected path given the position of the steering wheel.

Linear wood trim in black

Linear wood trim, previously available only on more expensive Lexus models, now makes its CT debut. This luxurious appointment adds another elegance to the cabin and further unifies the "family feel" of Lexus models.

Sun visors with slide feature

Guests spoke: Lexus listened. Sun visors on CT now include a slide feature to extend the usable range of the visor, making it more useful more of the time.

Reshaped leather-trimmed shift ****

The shift **** has been reshaped, giving it a more driving-centric look that matches the new CT's enhanced handling. The leather trimming adds to the look and luxurious feel of the new ****.

Dust filter now removes pollen

The CT has long had a dust filter, but now it's been enhanced to also remove many common pollens. Sure, it makes the cabin air cleaner for everyone, but guests with pollen allergies or hay fever may find it especially beneficial.

Revised steering wheel-mounted controls

The steering wheel-mounted controls have been updated to include a set of round, 5-way controls. These offer a more intuitive experience and allow for a range of controllable behavior matched to the new Lexus Display Audio system.

Center display screen now fixed in position

The new center display is thinner and uses a smaller frame, creating a more modern silhouette. Plus, it's now fixed in position, instantly available when needed.

Revised package contents

The new CT has a new selection of packages and options. See the Lexus Product Handbook for full information.

New audio system, same as on the 2014 IS

The CT now offers Lexus Display Audio, the latest generation system first introduced in the 2014 IS. Display Audio operates via a console-mounted controller. Look for the Display Audio Insider (link below) for a full run-down of the system's features and capabilities.

Enform® App Suite now subscription-free

For all model year 2014 Lexus vehicles, the available Enform with App Suite2does not require a subscription charge. It simplifies life for the guest and it's a competitive advantage over systems that require an annual subscription fee.
Old 11-25-13, 12:28 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Marc, we need to figure out how to retrofit that traction control button into our cars. And I need pricing on that new rear spoiler!
Old 11-26-13, 10:17 AM
LoveCT
Driver

The traction control is the single biggest safety feature on the new CT that I will miss on my current one. That the CT completely becomes immobile when it sees even a minute slip at the start is extremely unsafe and is not acceptable in any form in my opinion.
Old 12-08-13, 04:44 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublade
I'm for all more power..but more power=less mpg
The new IS300h gets a reported 48mpg and weighs more and also has 220hp......watch the vid from Aussy land.
Old 12-08-13, 11:19 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
The new IS300h gets a reported 48mpg and weighs more and also has 220hp......watch the vid from Aussy land.
that 48mpg is probably Imperial and not US scale, but it's probably mid 30's i'd imagine which is still really good
Old 12-08-13, 08:09 PM
LexFather

I really like it in the new Red color and the fact a red interior option is offered.
Old 12-12-13, 08:13 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

^^^Yes, I love the red CT as well...

Old 12-18-13, 10:09 PM
dci4life
Pole Position

Gosh, I'm so eager and anxious to see the new 2014 CT in person. I have been looking at these cars since their debut. Its a good look vehicle. I drive a lot so for the commute its going to be a really great investment for me. Going from 22MPG (06 IS250) to a 40+ MPG CT.

I guess ill just have to be patient and wait for these things to come.

Quick Reply: (Non) Official 2014 CT Thread