CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Bluetooth Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-12, 08:44 PM
Boatguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Audio

I just took delivery and have a question / issue with the Bluetooth Audio. The basic function works and music plays through the system. iPhone / iOS 6.

The issue is that if I select Bluetooth "auto connect" then every time I get in the car my iPhone starts playing music through the system.

If I don't select auto connect, then the Nav display tells me it has a connection, and the iPhone says it's connected, but in the "Music" app on the phone I can't select the car for Airplay. But if go through the Nav setup menu (or voice command equivalent) and "connect", then it immediately connects and starts up the music.

What I'd like, is for the connection to be established whenever I get in the car, but I decide whether or not I want the music to play. That's how it works with my airplay speakers in the house. The connection is always there, but the music doesn't start spontaneously on it's own.

I tried the "establish connection on player" option, but then I have to manually establish the connection in the iPhone Bluetooth dialog.

Does this makes sense? Anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-16-12, 10:05 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi, and welcome to CL

i am not 100% what you mean, but it does do what you describe to some extent. i have had multiple iPhones hooked up to the CT (currently on iPhone 5 w/ iOS 6), and they all work the same way. once a bluetooth audio player is "connected", it automatically reconnects with the system every time you get back in the car (unless you disabled bluetooth on your phone or something since the last time).

if you don't want the car to play through your iPhone BT when you re-enter the car, just switch to some audio mode like FM , CD, Satellite. but usually the car just picks up where you left off, so if you were listening to something on BT before, it will continue when you get back to the car. same with CD or FM. it just continues with whatever you had on before you turned off the car. HTH
Old 10-17-12, 06:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatguy
I just took delivery and have a question / issue with the Bluetooth Audio. The basic function works and music plays through the system. iPhone / iOS 6.

The issue is that if I select Bluetooth "auto connect" then every time I get in the car my iPhone starts playing music through the system.

If I don't select auto connect, then the Nav display tells me it has a connection, and the iPhone says it's connected, but in the "Music" app on the phone I can't select the car for Airplay. But if go through the Nav setup menu (or voice command equivalent) and "connect", then it immediately connects and starts up the music.

What I'd like, is for the connection to be established whenever I get in the car, but I decide whether or not I want the music to play. That's how it works with my airplay speakers in the house. The connection is always there, but the music doesn't start spontaneously on it's own.

I tried the "establish connection on player" option, but then I have to manually establish the connection in the iPhone Bluetooth dialog.

Does this makes sense? Anyone else have this issue?
well the system is mean't to pick up where you left off. Like lexuslover said, If you don't want the music to start playing then press the large power button and turn the system off before turning and exiting your car or turn to a different audio source. done.
Old 10-17-12, 06:17 PM
Rhillard
Driver School Candidate

The problem is, it does not play where it left off. I have a similar issue Hoovey. I listen to podcasts on my drive. If u have been out of the car for more than an hour or so, it reconnects and starts playing the same Metallica song. In my opinion, it should go back to the podcast I was playing.

I don't think this is a ct issue though. I have learned to live with it.
Old 10-23-12, 06:33 PM
simoneb
Driver School Candidate

My Iphone behaves same way, but I usually just hit the AM button to get a traffic report first and then decide what I want to listen to.

Wouldn't it be super cool if the podcasts (with video) could play on the NAV screen?
Old 06-09-13, 08:18 PM
Therog
Driver School Candidate

Default Bypass

I have one in my 370Z, works flawlessly. When the dealership plugs my car into the diagnostic, nothing shows. I play podcasts, music videos and anything stored on my iPhone 5. Not sure how legal it is, especially for me, as my car only has two seats. Because of this, I needed the video to stop playing while I'm driving as fast as possible. Difference in my sat nav is it's touch screen. I hit "map", and it's off that fast. Easy install as well, took me less than 20 minutes. My dad just bought my mom another Lexus, they rely on their sons to teach them any new technology!! I was searching for an answer to another question and happened on this thread. The link is below, best of luck.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nav-dvd-...qr0cq4v12rhb17