CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Problems with your CT's? Education req'd

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-13, 07:32 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by leonar40
Secondly, if the title says rebuilt, then Lexus may not honor any warranty work on it. So just make sure and check into that before you complete the purchase.
Yup. I'm aware, but I can care less about the 'warranty' on these things. Lexus is solid, in my & family's experience, and I save more money buying rebuilt vs. the NEED of having a warranty.
And... TSB's are still valid no matter what branding a vehicle has.

What's the point when all the kink's are worked out and if I really want to fix an annoyance I'll bite the bullet and buy a new car.

Not to mention these are simple, it's prius and those have been around since the early 00's...

Not too worried. My current [145k mi] 01 ES is a rebuilt, my dad's [90k mi] 04 RX is a rebuilt and this one will be too. Had other makes that were rebuilt with no big issues.
Old 06-09-13, 08:14 PM
Fakter1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Plus, most luxury/high end cars get "total loss" for items that don't affect the function of the vehicle. Take the S2000, for example, people steal seats out of those all the time. Even if they take one seat it's a total loss. I'd take one of those "rebuilt" (because they put in a seat and a new top) any day of the week for a significant price reduction. I can't imagine how many simple things are on the CT that would push it into "total loss" territory without touching the body/powerplant/suspension. I say go for it if you find a GREAT deal.

Back on topic, though. That latch thing was an issue with ours when we bought it. The dealer replaced it before we took delivery at no cost so keep an eye out for that. There's nothing else to add about this car, really, except we plan on keeping it for a loooong time. The short time it's been in service for us it has been awesome and has performed exactly as expected.
Old 06-09-13, 09:03 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Fakter1
^Plus, most luxury/high end cars get "total loss" for items that don't affect the function of the vehicle. Take the S2000, for example, people steal seats out of those all the time. Even if they take one seat it's a total loss. I'd take one of those "rebuilt" (because they put in a seat and a new top) any day of the week for a significant price reduction. I can't imagine how many simple things are on the CT that would push it into "total loss" territory without touching the body/powerplant/suspension. I say go for it if you find a GREAT deal.

Back on topic, though. That latch thing was an issue with ours when we bought it. The dealer replaced it before we took delivery at no cost so keep an eye out for that. There's nothing else to add about this car, really, except we plan on keeping it for a loooong time. The short time it's been in service for us it has been awesome and has performed exactly as expected.
Oh I'm well aware of the S2000 situation lol, I've parted one out that was bought for that reason. Either way, this particular CT was written off since both airbags went off, one knee airbag and both side cushions.

I can't post the pic, but basically the 'body' aspect is two headlights, new rad, hose, new rad support, hood and it'll be good.

The PO smoked an SUV/truck at low speeds and literally just nudged the front end enough to trigger the finicky sensors [Lexus is putting in more and more of these in their cars last few years] so it was written off, not due to 'actual' damage, but those damn airbags... one knee airbag is 1000$
Old 09-23-13, 05:11 PM
tk1971
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CT desperately needs some kind of front lower lip that is not body colored. My CT can't make it up the In-Laws' driveway, so I have to park it on the curb. I remember scraping up my front lower bumper even before I got my plates trying to go up that driveway. Also rashed up the front lower corner pretty badly somehow...