CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Disabling traction control.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-13, 12:54 PM
SBCsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling traction control.

I read this on the ct200hforum and I thought this would great info for CT owners.

Since I heard the traction control will limit your driving in snow or if you wanted to smog your car or just sick of traction control limiting your fun around at the track or a mountain road.

Do with this what you will I assume no responsibility for your actions or any actions taken against you by Lexus or Toyota Motor Corporation.

Step 1. With your foot off the brake press the power button on
Step 2. Make sure the vehicle transmission is in Park setting
Step 3. Press the accelerator pedal completely to the floor and then fully release three times.
Step 4. Press and hold brake pedal
Step 5. Engage transmission into Neutral setting
Step 6. Release brake pedal
Step 7. Press the accelerator pedal completely to the floor and then fully release three times
Step 8. Press and hold brake pedal
Step 9. Engage transmission into Park setting
Step 10. Press the accelerator pedal completely to the floor and then fully release three times
Step 11. In the lower right corner of the instrument cluster you should see ii display Certification Mode

To return to normal all you have to do is turn the car off fully. The next time you start the vehicle the traction control will begin functioning normally. That's it! If I remember correctly the traction control light and ABS lights will also come on once you begin driving. These will also go away after driving a couple miles after returning the car to normal.

I've read a lot of articles about the traction control limiting its potential on the skid pad. I wonder if it would record higher g's on the skid pad.

WARNING:

According to pghjohn(ct200hforum's) "I had previously researched this and the other thing this apparently does it remove the limiting control on the motor. This means that if you "gun it" and rev it too high, you could damage the electric motor. If you do this, I would be cautious, and only use it in limited situations like getting up a snow covered hill, etc. and only if you think you can effectively control your rpms manually."

Hopefully this will let you enjoy your CT200 a little more.

Last edited by SBCsx; 02-23-13 at 12:57 PM.