CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Problem with My Ct,and Dealer doesn't care because the engine light is not on

Old 02-06-13, 02:35 PM
CTKai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with My Ct,and Dealer doesn't care because the engine light is not on

what happen was that we were on the highway during traffic and the speed was slow so i was doing EV mode for a while and had many device turn on so battery was running low, suddenly the car started to shake like crazy, i thought the car is about to explode and i started to cut off most of the function that required power and the shaking started to go away(maybe the speed started to pick up too i don't remember cause it was while back).

for me this car always makes weird noise here and there and it confuses me time to time. i am not sold with the hybrid driving experience that Lexus said it will be, what i get is a car that makes weird noise and loud engine noise whenever i need some speed( i am not a crazy driver at age 32); only some times when i don't press gas the car rides smooth and quiet but under super slow speed during slow to zero acceleration.

worse part is that when i called my dealer, my dealer told me not to waste both of our time to send the car in cause if the engine light is not on they wouldn't be able to find any problem. lol Lexus On The Park Canada.
Old 02-07-13, 02:09 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear of your car troubles.

no one here can really tell you what is wrong with the car, or if it is behaving the way it should. if the problem continues to occur, the best advice is to take it to them when you notice it happening to have them check it out.

i will say that i did have a very low battery one time after leaving the interior light on all night (or even longer) and instead of driving mostly silently, the engine was idling loudly and running 100% on gas engine for at least 15-20 minutes before there was enough charge regenerated to sustain hybrid driving. i wouldn't say it "shakes" but as you know the gas engine is not exactly the quietest buttery smooth engine out there, so it wasn't quiet by any means.

the loud engine on acceleration is normal. i don't drive hard or fast either but sometimes the car is just plain loud upon normal acceleration.

sorry i can't be of much help. the CT has its limitations just like any other car. whether or not you are in EV mode wouldn't have made a difference. a low battery in any condition or driving mode means that the CT will kick on the gas engine full time until enough of the battery is recharged to use the electric motor.