CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Fsport appearance $1000 extra worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-12, 08:01 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sway162
Thanks for reply. So there's a regular f-sport wheel and a SE f-sport wheel?
Yes the regular f sport is the base wheel in a dark graphite finish
Old 05-31-12, 03:16 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know...thanks!
Old 05-31-12, 05:56 PM
MOXPlayer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F sport worth it?

Well, to me the CT is not a performance car. It's a semi-luxurious gas sipper. I paid for the premium version which I feel was worth it, but to me F sport is sort of like Mazda Speed -- ramping up a Miata with aftermarket parts and getting a Need For Speed look with about a 12% increase in horsepower -- not worth it. If you want performance, save your money and buy a Porsche. Just my opinion though. Get what makes you happy.
Old 05-31-12, 10:44 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sway162
Thanks for reply. So there's a regular f-sport wheel and a SE f-sport wheel?
Yes however its going to be hard to customize it..if you go with the Special Edition it comes with the trident wheels along with the springs and sway bar and rear chassis bar and tumi luggage..the ones on the lots are exactly how my car is however most don't have the LED low beam headlights which cost extra..took me a while to track mine down
Old 05-31-12, 10:48 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Old 06-09-12, 03:41 PM
Bkwon327
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MOXPlayer
Well, to me the CT is not a performance car. It's a semi-luxurious gas sipper. I paid for the premium version which I feel was worth it, but to me F sport is sort of like Mazda Speed -- ramping up a Miata with aftermarket parts and getting a Need For Speed look with about a 12% increase in horsepower -- not worth it. If you want performance, save your money and buy a Porsche. Just my opinion though. Get what makes you happy.
I agree- it's not a sports car- its a sporty looking luxury hybrid. I fear adding springs and sway will make the ride more uncomfortable (bumpier, clearance issues and noise issues) - all of which can add to driving fatigue. If you want faster sportier car, Just get a another car.
Old 06-11-12, 06:25 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my opinion but the springs and sway bar make the ride much more fun and engaging. I was concerned about clearance the first few months but have not bottomed out once on speed bumps or over anything else. I had a CT premium loaner and did not notice any better ride quality (in fact I think my SE is significantly better). You can always put it in Normal mode and soften the ride quality when cruising.

You get 0% horsepower bump with the SE or FSport package but you undoubtedly get better handling which in my opinion reduces driving fatigue and is certainly safer. OBTW, the FSport package does look pretty good.
Old 06-11-12, 06:40 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
Just my opinion but the springs and sway bar make the ride much more fun and engaging. I was concerned about clearance the first few months but have not bottomed out once on speed bumps or over anything else. I had a CT premium loaner and did not notice any better ride quality (in fact I think my SE is significantly better). You can always put it in Normal mode and soften the ride quality when cruising.

You get 0% horsepower bump with the SE or FSport package but you undoubtedly get better handling which in my opinion reduces driving fatigue and is certainly safer. OBTW, the FSport package does look pretty good.
OUTLAW - I completely AGREE. The added springs, sway bars, chassis stiffener and lowered ride height ENHANCES the ride, does not destroy the comfort at all. One of the common comments that my passengers remark is that where's the bone jarring hits? They say this ride is absolutely plush and well mannered. The F sport hugs the road, sans any hint of driver fatigue and is a safer car because it's just so darn sure footed.
Old 06-12-12, 04:30 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

^ ^ i agree, after test driving a regular ct and then receiving mine...the suspension enhancements allow me to feel more enjoyment and excitement when I'm cornering and turning..i feel more assured going thru em. coming from my highly modified is350 i needed at least something comparable in regards to handling to keep a smile on my face..ive gotten lots of compliments also from passengers who rode along and how great the car handles and still kept the quietness and ride quality of any lexus
Old 06-14-12, 11:40 PM
Bkwon327
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by All4sho350
^ ^ i agree, after test driving a regular ct and then receiving mine...the suspension enhancements allow me to feel more enjoyment and excitement when I'm cornering and turning..i feel more assured going thru em. coming from my highly modified is350 i needed at least something comparable in regards to handling to keep a smile on my face..ive gotten lots of compliments also from passengers who rode along and how great the car handles and still kept the quietness and ride quality of any lexus
hm... i may have to consider adding springs and sway if noise level and comfort is not compromised... good to know.
Old 06-15-12, 06:13 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Drive one with and without the FSport package......if you can't tell the difference then don't waste the money. I am confident you will be pleasantly surprised at just how much better the FSport handles and "feels". If you don't agree that it enhances the ride and does nothing to compromise your comfort then your decision will be made. Personally after driving both there was no way I could do without the FSport package....the "fun" factor alone helped to make up for the lack of horsepower since I was used to 300+ hp.
Old 06-20-12, 12:49 PM
Bkwon327
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure exactly what the "sports tuned suspension" in the f-sport package really means. it does not have the f-sport springs / sways like the SE, but has 'tuned' suspension?

Only thing about the f-sport package that appealed to me was the black headliner- didnt really care for 10 spoke graphite rims, badging, pedals, steering wheel or pedals. I opted for non-f sport since f-sport models do not come with real leather interior. Wheels and suspension can always be changed later..
Old 06-21-12, 06:46 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

I didn't realize the FSport package didn't have the same suspension set up as the SE which means my comments should have been comparing the SE and the Premium CT's......I only drove those two and did not drive the Premium Edition with the FSport package.

I truly enjoy driving my SE more and more every day.....it is extremely solid and well balanced. It is the only high mpg vehicle that I have driven that is fun to drive and yet has a majority of the bells and whistles while feeling like a premium vehicle instead of something that will drive like crap after a few years. The looks suit me and I love the versatility of the hatchback which offers me adequate carrying capacity.....I must admit if I was carrying rear seat passengers (even children) on a regular basis that it would probably not be enough room. Fortunately I only need room for the wife and my golf clubs and occasionally the labradoodles.
Old 06-21-12, 10:27 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkwon327
. I opted for non-f sport since f-sport models do not come with real leather interior. Wheels and suspension can always be changed later..
You can get f sport with black leather and white perforations
Old 06-21-12, 02:24 PM
Bkwon327
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusNN
You can get f sport with black leather and white perforations
It was not offered when i was buying - no available models that fit my requirements (leather, prem sound, led headlamps, navi, etc).

Check the Lexus website - their custom build option no longer offer f-sport with leather as well.

Quick Reply: Fsport appearance $1000 extra worth it ?