CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Question on breaks

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 12:27 PM
Lj12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on breaks

Is it just me or are the breaks sticky? I took one out for a test drive and was pretty annoyed with the breaks.. I couldn't really get comfortable with breaking during the drive.

Does anyone share the same feeling?

On a positive tho, the car doesn't really feel like a hybrid and has good handles IMO.

Still upset by the fact that the steering wheel and passenger seat are moved manually and that the back up cam has no lines... ( is there a software fix for the lines?)
Old 01-18-12, 08:44 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

Breaks work fine on mine and the three other CT's I have driven.
No software fix for the back up camera.
Old 01-19-12, 05:14 AM
HennessySK
Rookie

I don't have a problem with my CT breaking...

On a side note, the BRAKING on my CT seems very progressive and linear and very firm when I need it to be.
Old 01-19-12, 05:21 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My BRAKES work very well.....very pleased with them. Both of the cars that I took for test drives had brakes that worked well also.
Old 01-19-12, 08:39 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just here for some lulz on my brake
Old 01-19-12, 09:51 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HennessySK
I don't have a problem with my CT breaking...

On a side note, the BRAKING on my CT seems very progressive and linear and very firm when I need it to be.
Agree completely on the first part!

Mine are not linear...the transition between the regen BRAKING and rotor BRAKING is more abrupt than a non-hybrid IMO.
Old 01-19-12, 12:16 PM
jettie1767
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.... My brakes haven't taken a break....thank gawd!
Old 01-19-12, 02:38 PM
HennessySK
Rookie

Sorry for bringing out all the grammar *****...

When I apply the brakes on my CT while trying to get good gas mileage, I find myself trying to keep the needle from bottoming out on the "charge" portion of the hybrid system indicator gauge. I feel that there is a maximum rate of charge for the regenerative braking, and any extra braking effort (more pedal applied after "charge" needle bottoms out) is just a waste of potential regeneration.

Anyone else feel this way?
Old 01-20-12, 05:42 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

..... they still feel slightly different but they sure work well. Mine don't stick .....and when you apply pressure they have a different feel for sure, but easy to get used too once you drive it awhile.

They are not as linear as most disc brakes but they don't work the same way either.

I don't watch my gauges honestly just the speedo......I am old school when I drive my car , I drive my car , radio stations are far more important than a regen needle....I'm not sure the gas mileage indicator is perfectly accurate either. I get about 2-4mpg more than what the gauge says I am.

We got snow finally and my report is good in the snow.....in fact , really good. Very solid feel power being so linear and smooth surely helps and the cvt also plays a role. Very nice to know.....we got about 4-5 inches. Another 4-6 tonight.....
Old 01-21-12, 05:06 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
..... they still feel slightly different but they sure work well. Mine don't stick .....and when you apply pressure they have a different feel for sure, but easy to get used too once you drive it awhile.

They are not as linear as most disc brakes but they don't work the same way either.

I don't watch my gauges honestly just the speedo......I am old school when I drive my car , I drive my car , radio stations are far more important than a regen needle....I'm not sure the gas mileage indicator is perfectly accurate either. I get about 2-4mpg more than what the gauge says I am.

We got snow finally and my report is good in the snow.....in fact , really good. Very solid feel power being so linear and smooth surely helps and the cvt also plays a role. Very nice to know.....we got about 4-5 inches. Another 4-6 tonight.....
Yeah, it's about time we're getting some snow...too bad it's in the 50's and rain on Monday. At least tomorrow will be a great day for skiing!

Re: driving in the snow, do you have the stock tires? I haven't had a chance to drive mine in any considerable amount of snow, will try it out today though.

Thanks
Old 01-21-12, 01:38 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

No issues with my brakes as well. Just a whirring noise whenever I press my brakes and that's due to the regenerative braking system.
Old 01-21-12, 07:09 PM
Lj12
Driver School Candidate

Just realized I used the wrong word..... Wow feel like a dumbass now haha

Anyways just went and placed my order to be delivered this coming Tuesday!!!

White with beige interior and is fully loaded!
Old 01-22-12, 08:52 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Yeah, it's about time we're getting some snow...too bad it's in the 50's and rain on Monday. At least tomorrow will be a great day for skiing!

Re: driving in the snow, do you have the stock tires? I haven't had a chance to drive mine in any considerable amount of snow, will try it out today though.

Thanks
Yeah factory tires......but mines an SE not sure of they use a different tire , doubt it. The car is excellent in the snow we got 10 more inches on top of the 4 we had...... very happy w/drivability.

Yeah rain tomorrow and 47degree's.....then warm.....then more snow then colder.....ef'ed up winter especially if you ski.

Gas mileage dropped in the snow ......oh well it only got 40.4mpg.
Old 01-22-12, 04:26 PM
pardo
Pole Position

Yes I feel sticky break too. I have not getting used to the break feel yet. I only driven 30 miles though.

Initial bite is very soft. Pretty good bite when 75% in.

Originally Posted by Lj12
Is it just me or are the breaks sticky? I took one out for a test drive and was pretty annoyed with the breaks.. I couldn't really get comfortable with breaking during the drive.

Does anyone share the same feeling?
Old 01-23-12, 04:34 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

BRAKE - not break. I'm not even the spell **** he was on break

Report back after the brakes are broken in just after the break ......

They work differently.....they also need time to wear in. They get better and you get used to the regen. brakes, that's just the breaks of regen brakes.

Quick Reply: Question on breaks