CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

iPhone music

Old 11-22-11, 12:43 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone music

My wife just picked up her CT. The salesman paired her iPhone 3GS for her but we're having some issues:

1. Music plays fine through BT but steering wheel control doesn't skip or go back a song.
2. When connected through USB, BT stops playing.
3. When connected through USB, I get the Accessory Attached on the iPhone screen but no songs show up on the car and it never starts playing anything. This happened with another salesman's iPhone 4 as well.

Is there some setting or how it was set up that's causing this?
Old 11-22-11, 06:07 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm using an Iphone 4 (not S) with IOS 5 and all functions work perfectly.

"2. When connected through USB, BT stops playing."

This is normal... When the USB cable is connected, it will play through that and not the bluetooth...

Your iPhone 3 will accept an upgrade to IOS 5. There are 200+ enhancements in IOS 5. Not sure if that will solve the problem though.
Old 11-22-11, 10:11 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Plugged in an old iPod touch, 1st gen and it worked fine. Must be the phone or iOS that's the issue.
Old 11-23-11, 04:17 AM
HennessySK
Rookie

I'm using iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1 and have zero BTA issues.

I prefer using BTA versus USB, because of response lag when using USB when you try & change tracks
Old 11-23-11, 01:39 PM
AaronSEA
Driver School Candidate

I got my CT last week, and was also having issues with the phone switching between USB and BT audio at awkward times. I decided its best to do all audio over BT, and I just needed the USB connection for power. So I got a tiny USB power port to put in the 12V adapter (http://amzn.com/B0042B9U8Q) and ignore the built-in USB port. Everything works great.
Old 11-23-11, 11:24 PM
bgantwer
Driver School Candidate

You are better off going all BT or all USB, as above. I got a iPhone 4 connection back from VZ and the car charger works beautiful and fits snug. If you need settings help, PM me. Good luck.
Old 11-27-11, 09:27 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is weird.

i have used USB connection to plug in my old iPhone4 and my newer iPhone4S. i never had a problem with either one. i haven't tried BT ever w/ the phones because i prefer the USB interface so i can control songs, albums, playlists on the nav screen.

my iPhone4 did not have iOS5. but the 4S does. both work fine in the CT.
Old 01-08-12, 09:49 PM
jpwalton
Driver School Candidate

Default Is it possible to use Siri? / other iPhone issues

Hi,

So I just got a 2012 IS350 w/Nav and am quite upset at the level of iPod integration. Not being able to issue voice commands to the phone while it is running on USB is ridiculous. I was assured that everything would work fine.

I can stream music over BT fine, but am unable to FFWD or RWD.

When connected through USB everything connects fine and all data is present. I am still unable to FFWD or RWD. I'm running iOS5.

Being able to use Siri would be great, but I'd settle for just being able to tell the system to Play Artist using the voice command system.

I'm baffled that a car of this price and quality is completely bested by SYNC from Ford which I can get in a Fiesta!?!? Not to mention the dealer's ignorance on any of these issues...

Sorry for the rant.
Old 01-09-12, 03:31 AM
MC5Wes

Originally Posted by jpwalton
Hi,

So I just got a 2012 IS350 w/Nav and am quite upset at the level of iPod integration.
You will always have some issues when trying to integrate a 3rd party piece of equipment.

How can Lexus possibly anticipate how every piece of equpiment that has ever been manufactured or designed. Or new products to be produced in the future.

And how that piece could possibly be used on the car. Or expect the technicians at Lexus to have the answers to every question or problem with your electronic device.
Old 01-16-12, 01:01 AM
jpwalton
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
You will always have some issues when trying to integrate a 3rd party piece of equipment.

How can Lexus possibly anticipate how every piece of equpiment that has ever been manufactured or designed. Or new products to be produced in the future.

And how that piece could possibly be used on the car. Or expect the technicians at Lexus to have the answers to every question or problem with your electronic device.
I expect a company of this size that touts smart phone integration as a selling point on their vehicles to be able to deliver a decent user experience for the #1 product in that category. At this point there is no anticipation required. I am talking about basic voice functions that have been there since the 1st gen iPhone. I don't expect the dealership to be able to answer questions about any device, but I don't think I'm the 1st person to ask for help with an iPhone. I'm not trying to install some htpc in the car. I'm glad I drive a Lexus, but I am disappointed to see "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection" be trumped by Hyundai, Ford, and Kia in what is becoming a major part of the interior experience, to say nothing of what I saw in the Model S at the Tesla dealership today. I would have much rather been told no by a technician than have a 5 person mind meld by various salesmen give me half truths and false info.
Old 01-24-12, 02:51 PM
MC5Wes

Default Lexus Smart Phones

I have been a Lexus owner for almost 10 years. And not once did I ever go to the dealer and say.

How well does your car work around my phone?

I understand that some companies put in different levels of expertise into their cars. Some are great with phones. Some have 3D navigation maps.

And if using your phone is your most important issue with a car purchase. It may have been wise to verify for yourself that the car was going to operate they way you wanted.

Or maybe maybe you should have bought the Model S Tesla for 75.000$

If you could buy one.