CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Lexus Loyalty and Graduate Cash

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-11, 03:46 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Lexus Loyalty and Graduate Cash

Has anyone received both of these rebates on your 2012 CT? Or can you use these toward the purchase of the CT? That's $2000 rebates can be had.

TIA.
Old 11-09-11, 01:33 PM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question I have is if my GF graduates with her masters in Dec, is that good enough for me to get the discount? Or would she have to be co-titled on the loan?

And, even though its agraduate degree, is that good for 12 months from that graduation date?
Old 11-09-11, 01:40 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

To use the Graduate Cash you must be on the title because you will need to finance with Toyota Financial Service.

If you WILL graduate within 6 months or have graduated within the last 2 years AND have proof of employment then you are qualify. It would be sweet if you can use that on top of Lexus Loyalty Cash rebate.
Old 11-09-11, 02:03 PM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

I see. Well she will graduate in december.

I could easily have her take the purchase and be on the title and get the discount and then I'd go right to my credit union and get 1.9% rate and refi it. Of course, change it to my name at that time. But then, does it get into paying sales tax if it goes from her name to mine as though she sold it to me.

Does Lexus charge financing fees or require you stay with them any length of time?
Old 11-09-11, 03:25 PM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

I checked with my dealer yesterday because I wanted to use it on my CT purchase. Unfortunately, Lexus Loyalty credit not applicable to 2012 CT.
Old 11-09-11, 04:13 PM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

I thoughts other had said they applied owner loyalty?

Nonetheless I don't own and have never owned a lexus so all I'm interested in is maybe being able tto use my gfs recent graduate degree to get the 1K off.

Also, whats with dealers not haggling on these? I'm used to haggling 3 to 5 k off sticker. I dunno if I could make myself pay sticker for anything.

If they gave me graduate discount I'd plan to haggle at least another 1K or more off the price or wont buy.

Furthermore, do you guys think the dealer gets reimbursed from lexus for loyalty and grad offers or are they just discounting it when they see you have it.??
Old 11-10-11, 03:35 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

The markup on these vehicles isn't extreme, I think it is only about 3k max. if you can find a 2011 on the dealer lot you have a better chance of haggling than if you order a 2012. The dealer I went to offered a 2011 on the lot for about $2k off MSRP for a premium with premium audio and nav. I'm not sure if the loyalty would apply to 2011 but if it did then you would have $3k off. But since these cars are in such demand, they will sell for close to if not MSRP. ah the joys of supply (lack thereof) and demand.
could be worse. Remember when gas was $4+ per gallon and climbing? If you wanted a new Prius you had to pay a "market adjustment" fee which shot the price up above MSRP!
Old 11-10-11, 08:39 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

It will be tough to get big discounts on the CT since dealerships have very few or none on the lot. Also, the mark up on the CT is like 2-3K versus like 8k on the LS.
Old 11-10-11, 10:34 AM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

The question is though, when a dealer says "owner loyalty" or "graduate discount" is that something where they verify documentation and Toyota actually reimburses the dealer for the "rebate" or is it simply the discount really being provided by the dealer directly? (Where as if you could haggle that discount, or show documentation, the discount is really coming off the same bottom line?)
That make sense?

Of course, I wanna get the grad discount for my lady being with me and just finishing grad school this december, and THEN haggle another 1K or so off if at all possible. Doesn't matter much how far I have to go within reason.

Question is, can we both be co- on the title for the discount or does she have to buy it exclusively in her name? though I'm making the payments and its my car.
Old 11-10-11, 11:39 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop
The question is though, when a dealer says "owner loyalty" or "graduate discount" is that something where they verify documentation and Toyota actually reimburses the dealer for the "rebate" or is it simply the discount really being provided by the dealer directly? (Where as if you could haggle that discount, or show documentation, the discount is really coming off the same bottom line?)
That make sense?

Of course, I wanna get the grad discount for my lady being with me and just finishing grad school this december, and THEN haggle another 1K or so off if at all possible. Doesn't matter much how far I have to go within reason.

Question is, can we both be co- on the title for the discount or does she have to buy it exclusively in her name? though I'm making the payments and its my car.
OK, let see if it makes better sense now - Note: I have used this last year when buying my Camry. Both you and your GF must be on the title since you are the one who "actually" buys the car but your GF is the one who is "qualified" for the Graduate Cash. So, 2 people will be on the loan application as well as the title.

Negotiate the car selling price FIRST then when you finance the car you need to tell the finance guy that you are qualify for the graduate cash rebate. The rebate is the dollar mount Toyota company pays the dealer. Saleman or sale manager don't care about this rebate they just care about the selling price of the car. Your GF will need to show the finance guy her degree and her proof of employment.

Lexus *may* allow us to double the rebates (Loyalty and graduate cash) when they desperate to move more units end of Dec........
Old 11-10-11, 12:47 PM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Gohusker, sounds like you work at a dealership?

Thats a good point. I'm in no hurry, so I can wait and see if end of year looks like they will wanna push sales and offer better, but if they don't, then I doubt January or March will be worse than Nov or december. probably similar offers on 2012 at worst. Or better in December at best as you're saying may happen.

Good to know its actually a manufacturers rebate back to them. Tells me clearly HOW to haggle the thing down a bit.

As for her being on the loan. I think she'd be fine with it. I don't need her on the loan and her mid 700s will pull my 792 down I guess, but should still qualify for the promotion 0.9% rate (If thats going on at the time).
Old 11-10-11, 01:52 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop
Thanks Gohusker, sounds like you work at a dealership?

Thats a good point. I'm in no hurry, so I can wait and see if end of year looks like they will wanna push sales and offer better, but if they don't, then I doubt January or March will be worse than Nov or december. probably similar offers on 2012 at worst. Or better in December at best as you're saying may happen.

Good to know its actually a manufacturers rebate back to them. Tells me clearly HOW to haggle the thing down a bit.

As for her being on the loan. I think she'd be fine with it. I don't need her on the loan and her mid 700s will pull my 792 down I guess, but should still qualify for the promotion 0.9% rate (If thats going on at the time).
Nope, I am not working for dealership. In fact I write software for a living like 'I code for foods' . I have bought many new cars (for us as well as for family and relatives) so I have learned.

First, be respectful to the salesman and the sale manager but stick to your gun and of course you need to be reasonable since everybody needs to make a living.

Go ahead and test drive the car at your local dealer, note down the options and colors you want. Using Lexus.com to locate dealers within your area and start sending email for quote. Let the dealers know that you are contacting many dealers and whoever quotes you the best will win your business. Pick out 2 or 3 of the best quotes and use one to pitch against another. If you have trade in, wait until you are set on the purchase price then you can again negotiate on the trade in value.

When I bought my RX I got 10% off of the MSRP price since RXes have higher mark up than the CT. When I bought the Camry I used the College grad rebate so I got almost 18% off of the MSRP. Good luck.
Old 11-11-11, 08:44 AM
ny888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Nope, I am not working for dealership. In fact I write software for a living like 'I code for foods' . I have bought many new cars (for us as well as for family and relatives) so I have learned.

First, be respectful to the salesman and the sale manager but stick to your gun and of course you need to be reasonable since everybody needs to make a living.

Go ahead and test drive the car at your local dealer, note down the options and colors you want. Using Lexus.com to locate dealers within your area and start sending email for quote. Let the dealers know that you are contacting many dealers and whoever quotes you the best will win your business. Pick out 2 or 3 of the best quotes and use one to pitch against another. If you have trade in, wait until you are set on the purchase price then you can again negotiate on the trade in value.

When I bought my RX I got 10% off of the MSRP price since RXes have higher mark up than the CT. When I bought the Camry I used the College grad rebate so I got almost 18% off of the MSRP. Good luck.
Who do you email? An Internet Salesperson?
Old 11-11-11, 02:03 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Originally Posted by ny888
Who do you email? An Internet Salesperson?
Yep, the Internet Sales Manager.