Who is the IDIOT who...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 09:47 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is the IDIOT who...

Set up this nav system!!!!

This is just idiotic, any time I want to use the system at all, the vehicle must be parked.

I can't enter destinations, my passenger can't enter destinations, the voice control won't let me enter a destination, and now I found out that now that I've added more than one page of eDestinations I can't even SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT PAGE while moving!!! WTF!??! I don't even need to take my eyes off the road to do this, there's an up/down button above the joystick!

I've got all this music on my 32gb tiny thumb drive, but CAN'T GET TO IT WHILE MOVING.

This is a CAR for crissakes! It's supposed to be moving! It is *NOT* dangerous for the passenger to select music while the vehicle is moving.

Please, someone tell me how to hack this thing or install a 'bypass' switch so the damned car will let me use the interface even a little while moving.

There must be a solution to this. ***K the government ****'s mandating this type of crap, this is completely inexcusable.

</rant>
Old 09-09-11, 10:09 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Dozer,

We have the solution that you are looking for. Our Nav/DVD bypass will allow the lockout function while the vehicle is in motion. In addition, it is 100% plug and play and easily reversible.

Link to the product: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-son...ss-module.html

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 09-09-11, 10:23 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Thanks!

Ordered it immediately!

Old 09-09-11, 11:57 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Order received. Will ship out today. Thanks!

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 09-09-11, 12:24 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yours should work the same as mine in the RX. Use the 'speak' function while driving and you can do it. Usually the mike is above the mirror so you have to speak distinctly, slowly (word by word), and it should take. But others in the car have to be quite while you do it.

Sometimes that can be a problem tho , when I was still getting used to mine, others in the car were chatting away and the 'nav' lady couldn't understand me. Finally I yelled to her 'Shut Up B***H' !!! One of the ladys in the back seat thought I was yelling at her , frosty rest of the drive.

Put your music on an ipod and use the mouse even while you're driving to select music. The system will work with a flash drive but it was designed for an ipod.
Originally Posted by Dozer42

This is just idiotic, any time I want to use the system at all, the vehicle must be parked.

I can't enter destinations, my passenger can't enter destinations, the voice control won't let me enter a destination, and now I found out that now that I've added more than one page of eDestinations I can't even SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT PAGE while moving!!! WTF!??! I don't even need to take my eyes off the road to do this, there's an up/down button above the joystick!

I've got all this music on my 32gb tiny thumb drive, but CAN'T GET TO IT WHILE MOVING.

This is a CAR for crissakes! It's supposed to be moving! It is *NOT* dangerous for the passenger to select music while the vehicle is moving.

Please, someone tell me how to hack this thing or install a 'bypass' switch so the damned car will let me use the interface even a little while moving.

There must be a solution to this. ***K the government ****'s mandating this type of crap, this is completely inexcusable.

</rant>
Old 09-10-11, 07:40 AM
hc806
Driver School Candidate

hey dozer,
after you receive the product and install it, can you let me know how well it works? thanks
Old 09-10-11, 12:08 PM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea im curious myself
Old 09-10-11, 05:49 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter

Sometimes that can be a problem tho , when I was still getting used to mine, others in the car were chatting away and the 'nav' lady couldn't understand me. Finally I yelled to her 'Shut Up B***H' !!! One of the ladys in the back seat thought I was yelling at her , frosty rest of the drive.

That's hilarious. I used to yell at my Blackberry voice dial program with a similar dialogue!
Old 09-19-11, 05:56 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

</rant>
Have you ever been in another Toyota or Lexus Product? They all do it.

Didnt you test drive the vehilcle before you bought it?

Not sure about another other cars. But Honda lets you use the system while in motion.

So its not a goverment mandate.
Old 09-19-11, 06:21 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its for safety. Before some idiot sues the car company for foolish stuff.
Old 09-19-11, 10:57 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
Have you ever been in another Toyota or Lexus Product? They all do it.

Didnt you test drive the vehilcle before you bought it?

Not sure about another other cars. But Honda lets you use the system while in motion.

So its not a goverment mandate.
Yes, I test drove the car before I bought it (twice in fact).

But I guess I was stupid not to bring a USB thumb drive with me so that I could find out it couldn't change from one folder to the next without being stopped.

And I guess I should have loaded 10+ destinations into the Lexus Enform system so that I could find out I also couldn't switch folders there, even though there's a button just for that above the joystick.

And yes I've been in 'another Toyota or Lexus product', but my '78 Corolla didn't come with nav, nor did my '79 Celica or my ex's '84 Celica GT. My 2003 SC430 came with nav, but this wasn't an issue, they didn't get completely **** and stupid about locking out the nav on that vehicle.
Old 09-21-11, 07:58 AM
mm767cap
Driver

</rant>
I'm confused... You've got your music on a thumb drive, which I'm assuming you plug into the USB port. You can't access that while driving? When I plug my iPhone into the USB port to charge, I have full access to all the menu's through the NAV screen, moving or not.

I can't enter a destination on the NAV, and for that reason alone I'm planning on keeping Lexus Enform. I love being able to call somebody up and have them do the searching for me.

I get what you are saying, but it's probably best that you keep the average driver from being head down in the cockpit diddling with trying to enter an address while careening around town.
Old 09-21-11, 10:18 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mm767cap
I'm confused... You've got your music on a thumb drive, which I'm assuming you plug into the USB port. You can't access that while driving? When I plug my iPhone into the USB port to charge, I have full access to all the menu's through the NAV screen, moving or not.

I can't enter a destination on the NAV, and for that reason alone I'm planning on keeping Lexus Enform. I love being able to call somebody up and have them do the searching for me.

I get what you are saying, but it's probably best that you keep the average driver from being head down in the cockpit diddling with trying to enter an address while careening around town.
I can access the music, but I've got a ton of music on there neatly sorted into folders by album, and it won't let me move from album to album, or page to page. So I can go from one track to the next to the next hitting the button about 1000 times, or wait until a stoplight.

As far as the nav setup goes, we run an on-site computer repair business, and I use the eDestination Assist to 'beam' the addresses to the car. Again, it won't let me view more than one page of addresses if the car is moving, I have to be stopped just to page down. Can't even have a passenger do it for me.

The lockout is just far, far too overbearing, and the CT200 is at the shop right now getting it bypassed while they're doing a soundsytem upgrade and a bunch of other work.
Old 09-22-11, 12:37 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get a cheap mp3 player and just use the aux input or whatever BeatSonic is selling. Give us a review on the product!
Old 09-30-11, 07:07 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hc806
hey dozer,
after you receive the product and install it, can you let me know how well it works? thanks
Well, I just got the car back yesterday, and the Beatsonic Nav Bypass is *AWESOME*.

It works exactly like I'd like it to. I mounted the button right by the steering wheel, and while it didn't look so good in the package, it blends in pretty darned well when mounted nicely.

You can just be driving along, and when the system locks out out of a function like paging down through your eDestinations, you just hit the button once and the vehicle thinks it's stopped and you can do any function you could while stopped. Once done, press the button once more, and it starts getting GPS signal again.

Exactly what I wanted.

The only thing I'd caution people about, is that while the bypass itself is fairly inexpensive ($185?), the installation could take quite a while as the entire dash needs to be ripped apart!!!

Mine was in the shop anyway getting a ton of other upgrades, so it was no problem. But look at the installation instructions thoroughly (posted here by Beatsonic) before ordering any of these Nav bypass devices. =]

Quick Reply: Who is the IDIOT who...