CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

HID Kit Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 01:29 PM
BensCT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, here's my take on both DDM and Kensun. DDM sucks and there is no question about that, already dumped it. As for Kensun, nice ballasts that fire up "most" of the time on auto mode. I do have misfire once or twice under extreme cold start. But compares to DDM's misfire every single time, Kensun has a pretty good track record.
Old 11-14-11, 01:33 PM
kingnba6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anybody look at the micro G4 kits? they are super slim.

i currently use ddm 55w 6k slim kit in my motorcycle with a relay. i have no problems with misfires or anything.
Old 11-18-11, 08:38 AM
HennessySK
Rookie

I've read all the posts on this thread, and it seems like the Kensun HID kits are the way to go...

Thanks for the info folks!
Old 11-19-11, 09:07 PM
invisik
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus is 250 kensun

I just bought the Kensun h11 hid 6k. (lexus is 250 2006) low beam.
After sitting everything up I went to place the lights bulb in the headlights and no luck it doesnt fit.
The stock bulb has 3 tabs that goes in the headlights socket and once you turn it the bulb locks in.
The kensun bulb has the same 3 tabs but there thicker so when i place the bulb into the socket it
goes in but doesn't turn thus doesn't lock. Not sure if there are different h11 bulbs. If anyone knows the answer to the issue please let me know. others may have ran into the same problem. I've tried countless times to get them in no luck but once i try the stock bulb it looks in right away.

Thanks

Link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Last edited by invisik; 11-19-11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-20-11, 06:11 PM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

invisik -I had a similar issue w/ the DDM hid bulbs, and those were thick plastic tabs too. You had to push real hard inward (out towards the front of the car), in fact so much that the headlight housing moved while I pushed it...I was able to turn the bulb to lock it in, but it didn't turn as far as the OEM halogen bulbs that came with the car. So my suggestion is drink a can of red bull and get back out there and try again, pushing in much more firmly.

Let us know if any luck!
Old 11-20-11, 06:11 PM
evicfinite
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didn't have that problem with kensun, sure you put them in correctly?
Old 11-20-11, 07:49 PM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by invisik
I just bought the Kensun h11 hid 6k. (lexus is 250 2006) low beam.
After sitting everything up I went to place the lights bulb in the headlights and no luck it doesnt fit.
The stock bulb has 3 tabs that goes in the headlights socket and once you turn it the bulb locks in.
The kensun bulb has the same 3 tabs but there thicker so when i place the bulb into the socket it
goes in but doesn't turn thus doesn't lock. Not sure if there are different h11 bulbs. If anyone knows the answer to the issue please let me know. others may have ran into the same problem. I've tried countless times to get them in no luck but once i try the stock bulb it looks in right away.

Thanks

Link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
I know exactly what you meant. I had the same set and had the same problem initially. I shaved off a little on the edge of the 3 hard plastic tabs. It went in easier after that and was able to turn to lock them okay. Try that!
Old 11-21-11, 08:11 PM
invisik
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your input guys! So after shaving the tabs shorter they seemed to fit. Only issue is the light produced by the hid are scattered and there are shadows where light should be emitted. Probably didn't twist the bulbs all the way in I guess. Will look into it when i get the chance.
Old 11-23-11, 02:14 PM
HennessySK
Rookie

Kensun H11 4300K 35W

Lookin' Good!
Attached Thumbnails HID Kit Help-ct200h-halogen.jpg   HID Kit Help-ct200h-hid.jpg   HID Kit Help-ct200h-halogen-vs-hid.jpg   HID Kit Help-ct200h-hid-complete.jpg  
Old 11-24-11, 05:33 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

Very nice!
I installed my Kensuns last week and so far so good.
Question, did you leave your pins exposed? The Kensuns I received didn't have a cover to go over the original plug so the pins are exposed.
Attached Thumbnails HID Kit Help-dsc00651.jpg   HID Kit Help-dsc00649.jpg  
Old 11-24-11, 07:36 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice Hennessy. Do you work for a dealer or did you pay the dealer to put them in? Definitely not your garage!
Old 11-24-11, 07:51 AM
Darienlim
Driver

Originally Posted by jngjng
Very nice!
Question, did you leave your pins exposed? The Kensuns I received didn't have a cover to go over the original plug so the pins are exposed.
Just wrapped a strip of electric tape around it if you desired. That's what I did with mine.
Old 11-25-11, 04:20 AM
HennessySK
Rookie

Originally Posted by jngjng
Very nice!
Never leave connector pins exposed!!!

What I did was disassemble the connector that plugs into the stock light bulb. The green plastic piece in the middle pops straight out, which then exposes the main connector's retaining tabs that you can bend back to slide out the individual wires as a whole. Then slide shrink wrap over the wire/terminal end, make the connection, and apply heat.

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Very nice Hennessy. Do you work for a dealer or did you pay the dealer to put them in? Definitely not your garage!
I work at Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta. I used to be a technician at Lexus of Memphis, but now work as a Service Consultant here in Atlanta.
Old 04-06-12, 12:00 AM
xburst18
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was this issue ever resolved?
Old 04-10-12, 04:12 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LxTxNx
THANKS EVERYONE! Now what's the brightest and whitest bulbs to replace my fog lights?
If you guys are in the Bay Area - we're in Fremont near the 680/Fry's and very familiar with custom lighting / LED work

Drop me a PM - we work on a lot of IS-F and ISx50 cars but will join the CT crowd very soon....

I did take the time to read through most of this thread and wanted to point out a few things that seems to be discussed here quite a bit. I work with a lot of vendors at SEMA and have seen tons of lighting brands.

a) Most lights are only made in a few places in China/Asia so don't put too much weight into these fancy/odd names

b) Quality wise nothing beats OEM Philips, etc.

c) There are quality brands and then there are Ebay. Obviously I haven't seen all of them but majority with these odd-ball names are made in either China or Taiwan. Those igniters and ballasts are all similar in how they are made. Just remember you always get what you pay for.

here's a sample of some work:

Last edited by s4play; 04-10-12 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: HID Kit Help