CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Hello! Back to Lexus after a few years

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-11, 05:00 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello! Back to Lexus after a few years

Picked up a new CT a week ago from Orange County. Didn't order or do a wait list. Just decided that we wanted one to replace a Porsche Cayenne that was going back at lease end. Called around and it seemed like all the dealers were finally getting a bunch of CTs during that time frame and a few of them were not spoken for, including our first choice - Starfire w/ black leather package.

Just had it tinted today, 35% all around. Thinking about the sharkfin antenna and bamboo or burl trim and the cargo tray.

Anyway, just a few pics. Haven't been back to Lexus since 2008. Have had two kids since then and needed a second car to go with our 7 passenger Mercedes that would be family friendly and easy on mpgs. This car seemed to fit the bill just perfectly, and 43 mpg is amazing.

For those wondering, I have a 1- and 3-year old and the car seats are Britax Diplomat and Boulevard. They are on the larger side of convertible car seat options out there

My camera settings are not right and the car looks like it's silver but it's not!
Old 08-01-11, 05:55 PM
OVRBST
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yours must be loaded to the max! NICE RIDE!!!! It's exactly what I ordered, except I didn't want the NAV/Audio........... now, 21 weeks later I should have just bought it loaded LOL!
Old 08-01-11, 07:07 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

it's beautiful. kind of made me wish I could've gotten the white instead of the charcoal.
at least im diggin my caramel interior.

congrats!

btw, why does your window look tinted?
Old 08-01-11, 07:53 PM
OVRBST
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuslover

Just had it tinted today, 35% all around.

Self explanatory lol
Old 08-02-11, 01:46 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love it! Hope to see ya around! Honk if you see me!
Old 08-05-11, 11:14 AM
HAiS250
Pole Position

Can you post some pictures of your cluster and dash?
Old 08-05-11, 11:52 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

sure. it's not "fully" loaded, but as loaded as they are allocated in this region without doing a special order. MSRP $38,120 -- premium, nav, leather, led headlights, etc. (No PCS, illuminated door sills, etc).

here is a better depiction of the Starfire. the original pics are underexposed or something

Old 08-05-11, 12:33 PM
HAiS250
Pole Position

nice! im looking into getting a CT after im done with my IS
Old 08-05-11, 12:49 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

its a beautiful car.

would look awesome modded, has a lot of potential
Old 08-05-11, 03:29 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome back to Lexus and congratulations on getting the CTh. I like your chrome rims. I'll be chroming my rims as well...
Old 08-05-11, 05:10 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

thanks!

it's our first hybrid; we have officially gone green. just filled up for the first time and put in $28 worth of gas, which felt incredible. i don't know the last time i spent less than $85-$95 to fill up at the gas station.
Old 08-05-11, 05:59 PM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

dang looking at the past it seems you have owned the whole lexus line up lol lucky you i bet you enjoyed all of them!
Old 08-05-11, 11:48 PM
Jedi767
Driver School Candidate

I saw your car there when I picked mine up from Westminster a few weeks ago I believe. They had 3 Starfire Pearls with black interiors I believe. Unfortunately I don't have the LED headlights . Car looks great though, I'm usually around the Irvine area so I'll be waving.
Old 08-06-11, 02:38 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

yes, thanks to the forum and the thread about So Cal CT stock started by Matt_RN, and your response re: Westminster, i contacted the internet sales people there and worked out the numbers and got one of the loaded white/black ones.

when we picked it up on 7/23, there was an identical white/black sitting on the lot, still not spoken for. none of the dealerships in San Diego had any or could say when they might be getting more. OC was much better. thanks for the tip!

ironically, lexus of westminster is where my lexus journey all started 13 years ago when i got my first lexus, a 1998 GS400. the new dealership site is only a few years old and has a shiny red LFA in the showroom (the owner's) that was roped off, but it didn't stop my 3 year old from putting his hands all over it he said, "i like this one". i wish i had my camera at that moment!

we made a pit stop at Disneyland on the way back to San Diego. it was a long but fun day
Old 08-06-11, 04:52 PM
Jedi767
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexuslover
yes, thanks to the forum and the thread about So Cal CT stock started by Matt_RN, and your response re: Westminster, i contacted the internet sales people there and worked out the numbers and got one of the loaded white/black ones.

when we picked it up on 7/23, there was an identical white/black sitting on the lot, still not spoken for. none of the dealerships in San Diego had any or could say when they might be getting more. OC was much better. thanks for the tip!

ironically, lexus of westminster is where my lexus journey all started 13 years ago when i got my first lexus, a 1998 GS400. the new dealership site is only a few years old and has a shiny red LFA in the showroom (the owner's) that was roped off, but it didn't stop my 3 year old from putting his hands all over it he said, "i like this one". i wish i had my camera at that moment!

we made a pit stop at Disneyland on the way back to San Diego. it was a long but fun day
Thats great. Their new building is very nice, and the LFA in there is amazing. The VIN on it is actually the FIRST LFA made besides the prototype.

Interesting that they still had an identical one on the lot..They got mine & the two white with black interiors and I couldnt believe they even lasted a few days, let alone a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Hello! Back to Lexus after a few years