CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT 200h Performance and Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-15, 09:32 AM
almario
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cvt

its a cvt transmission thats why you hear a loud engine noise, cvt is way different than the automatic and or manual transmission, but you will get use to it.
Old 10-18-15, 01:10 PM
almario
Driver School Candidate

Default cost

lexus vs toyota cost just for oil change, is there any difference?
Old 06-14-16, 10:14 AM
gymjenkie
Rookie

Originally Posted by almario
lexus vs toyota cost just for oil change, is there any difference?
I called a Lexus dealer for an oil change on my 2014 is250 and it was around $120 or something above $100, and a Toyota dealer charged me like $80.
Old 06-14-16, 10:17 AM
gymjenkie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dozer42
1> Nobody can determine if the acceleration is too slow for you, except you. Go drive one, extensively. Not just a short test-drive with a quick hop on the freeway, tell them you want to drive it around a bit.

I'm a seriously performance individual, I've owned everything from a '78 Corolla with 78hp up to a custom supercharged Corvette Z06 with over 700hp, and a Yamaha R1 sport bike.

It's no surprise, the CT200h has slower 0-60 performance than almost EVERY other vehicle I've owned in the past 25 years.

Yet it's performance is plenty for me on the street, I have no trouble getting up to freeway speeds quite easily, and find myself backing off the throttle ASAP to save gas.

It's a fuel-sipping vehicle, not a 700hp corvette. The Vette got 25mpg, I've been getting about 50mpg with the CT200h.

One really nice thing is the vehicle handles very well, it doesn't float and waft through corners like my old SC430, even with Tein adjustable coilovers and sway bars the SC430 just didn't handle to my liking.

The CT200h on the other hand does great, especially when I realize it has low-rolling resistance tires and not Continental ContiSport 3s.

It should do even better once I get a set of lightweight wheels on there, lower it a touch, and get sway bars on there.

But hopefully you'll find all of this out during your test drive.

2) I can't see why your favorite Toyota dealership wouldn't LOVE to service the CT200h. It's basically just a Prius with a big 'L' on it and a nice interior. I bet they'd love to have that sitting in the maintenance bay for (my apologies) 'lower end' Toyota and Scion owners to drool over. It could seriously push people into the 'upper' Lexus brand.

Yesterday at Costco I found the owner of a white Prius checking out my CT200h when I came out with a basket of goodies. He asked all sorts of things, like how long I had it, what the price was (about what he paid for the Prius), he loved the shape and look of the exterior, and specifically said the interior looked like a 'real car and not like a spaceship'.

Shrug. Works for me, I always thought the Prius looked fine, and wouldn't mind owning one.

Good luck with your decision, I can't see anything that would hold you back from enjoying this fun little ride!!

I currently have a 2014 is250 but I need to trade in.... I had the 2010 Toyota Prius until my sister stole it from me.... I'm stuck between the Ct200h w/ f sport & navigation package or the Audi A3 e-tron...... The Audi has more HP .... and the slow acceleration on the CT200h is making me think twice.... But I am assuming the acceleration is comparable to the Prius, correct?
Old 06-14-16, 02:06 PM
edgalang
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gymjenkie
I currently have a 2014 is250 but I need to trade in.... I had the 2010 Toyota Prius until my sister stole it from me.... I'm stuck between the Ct200h w/ f sport & navigation package or the Audi A3 e-tron...... The Audi has more HP .... and the slow acceleration on the CT200h is making me think twice.... But I am assuming the acceleration is comparable to the Prius, correct?
Yes, and this is why I mentioned it on the other thread...you've already had the Prius. You'll essentially be getting the exact thing with better interior and suspension upgrades.

IMO...You lease the e-tron, you buy the CT.