CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Poll: What is the most gallons you've put in the tank

Old 08-21-11, 08:44 PM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 457 Likes on 285 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by dkidwell
Not really, about every 8-10 days. Retirement is great.
Yes it is .... I set my schedules/plans/trips to drive when there is no traffic
Old 08-22-11, 09:19 PM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 457 Likes on 285 Posts
Smile I chickened out :(

Had 1/8 tank showing, was going to drive 130 mile round trip tomorrow. So I filled up 8.1 gallons I guess I won't find out the real range since everyone is starting to convince me that running the gas tank low is not a good thing.

The CT is awesome !

I like premium audio .. I could believe someone said they came from Bose in a car and they didn't think the premium CT sounded as good. Bose is one of the worst , most overpriced audio systems being sold .... but that is a whole other discussion. Go to a true audiophile's site to learn more http://www.audioholics.com
Old 08-23-11, 10:24 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by midcow3
I like premium audio .. I could believe someone said they came from Bose in a car and they didn't think the premium CT sounded as good. Bose is one of the worst , most overpriced audio systems being sold .... but that is a whole other discussion. Go to a true audiophile's site to learn more http://www.audioholics.com

Don't you mean "couldn't"? I feel like you have a vendetta against me or something man....seriously. And you made this comment in a thread that's not even relevant! You're always picking apart and questioning my logic and impressions on something and I really don't know why. Is it something I did or said? Or maybe it's because you spoke too soon on another item and I called you out on it? I have even received PM's from others on the ct200hforum who have asked me what your issue was.

Yes, I did just see your post re: my comment about the premium sound after driving my car for one day and I responded.

Have you ever been in a G35 sedan with the Bose premium audio system and listened to it?

You are entitled to your opinions, as am I. To be honest, I wish you were more tasteful and friendly about them. It shocks me that you're not some young punk, yet I believe you're actually someone who is middle aged.

Ok, I'm done venting!
Old 08-23-11, 12:11 PM
Max12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Don't you mean "couldn't"? I feel like you have a vendetta against me or something man....seriously. And you made this comment in a thread that's not even relevant! You're always picking apart and questioning my logic and impressions on something and I really don't know why. Is it something I did or said? Or maybe it's because you spoke too soon on another item and I called you out on it? I have even received PM's from others on the ct200hforum who have asked me what your issue was.

Yes, I did just see your post re: my comment about the premium sound after driving my car for one day and I responded.

Have you ever been in a G35 sedan with the Bose premium audio system and listened to it?

You are entitled to your opinions, as am I. To be honest, I wish you were more tasteful and friendly about them. It shocks me that you're not some young punk, yet I believe you're actually someone who is middle aged.

Ok, I'm done venting!
It definitely isn't just you, I have had the same experience with him. I have also received PM's regarding his comments.

Midcow, if you have an issue with one of us or anyone on either forum you might want to let that person know. At any rate maybe you can at least watch what you are posting and think about how it may be perceived by others. Just a suggestion because you may be alienating others also.

Peace
Old 08-25-11, 10:05 AM
Ksix
Driver School Candidate

Filled up yesterday when milage counter said I could go 6 more miles.

8.69 gallons and that was after forcing another maybe .50 cents in to round cost to30.00.
****ing love this car! My jetta would cost me well over 55$ sometimes to fill up and not go nearly as far.
Old 08-30-11, 11:33 PM
LxTxNx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

almost 9 gallons
Old 09-11-11, 03:26 AM
ftw
Rookie

9.8 gallons, and thats after going 30-40 miles after crusing range has hit 0 miles left.
Old 09-11-11, 11:21 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Did 10.25 gallons left yesterday, but I was past 450 miles.

I'm guessing that means about 1.75 gallons were still left in the tank which would mean about another 75-80 miles left on the table.

I'd like the 'low fuel' light to come when we have *ONE* gallon left, if 40 miles isn't enough to find a bloody gas station, then it's the driver's fault for not planning his/her trip properly.
Old 09-11-11, 02:50 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dozer42
Did 10.25 gallons left yesterday, but I was past 450 miles.

I'm guessing that means about 1.75 gallons were still left in the tank which would mean about another 75-80 miles left on the table.

I'd like the 'low fuel' light to come when we have *ONE* gallon left, if 40 miles isn't enough to find a bloody gas station, then it's the driver's fault for not planning his/her trip properly.
Remember the pickup line never goes to the bottom of the tank. It may not be possible to use that last gallon.
Old 09-11-11, 10:50 PM
LxTxNx
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this video out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3UjlwoV0o&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]
Old 09-12-11, 09:37 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice find. Don't think I'll be driving my car that far past the light, just not worth the risk in damaging the car IMO, unless someone can confirm with Lexus exactly why it was designed this way.
Old 09-12-11, 10:47 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Really, it doesn't damage the car to drive it past 300 miles.

Or 400.

Or 450.

At least not as long as you're getting 40+mpg (I get about 45 so far).

There's still 1-2 gallons in the tank, and no damage would occur to the vehicle by going down to the last gallon. Over 500 miles? Maybe get worried that gunk in the bottom of the tank might get sucked in, but it would just clog the fuel filter.

Either way the car is covered under warranty for a long, long time.

I plan to take mine to 450-500 miles on every tank (assuming mileage stays up there or better). The Prius folks take theirs more towards 600 miles per tank!
Old 09-21-11, 08:05 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I pumped 9.431 gallons today in my CT with the fuel light on for a good 30 miles. This is with 390 miles driven before the fill-up, getting an average of 41.35 mpg (I was doing mostly highway driving). Looks like I'll have to get used to the fact that the low fuel light means pretty much nothing when you can drive for another 40-50 miles and still have 2-3 gallons of fuel left.
Old 09-21-11, 09:46 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Last tank was 475 miles, 52.5mpg indicated, I think it was about 9.5 gallons?

I only got gas at that point because I was close to a Costco and they have the cheapest gas. (Damned good quality too as far as I can tell).

To the best of my knowledge, the very early Prius' could somehow void the warranty on the battery if they ran it COMPLETELY out of gas, and then tried to limp it to the gas station on battery power only.

But according to multiple 'Toyota Hybrid Certified' mechanics, this isn't a problem on the 3rd revision of the Prius and it shouldn't be a problem on the CT200h.

Even though I got a 'C' in math, if the CT200h has a 12 gallon tank (11.9?) and we're getting 40mpg that's 480 miles (which I haven't gone over). If we're getting 45mpg that's 540 miles. And if we're getting 50mpg that's 600 miles.

If I'm getting an indicated 52.5mpg I would consider that to be in the 50mpg (real) area, and if I'm filling up at 475 miles that leaves 125 miles in the tank.

Shrug. To me it seems many are filling up far, far before they need to.
Old 10-07-11, 07:17 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

New fuel pumps last forever anyway.....and it depends a lot on climate you live in AZ you might want to keep more fuel on board. Live in Alaska then the pump remains cooler I'd imagine. Or winter vs summer....

The biggest reason is crap in the tanks bottom......brand new probably not much in there , but who knows. That crap gets sucked into the filter and maybe injectors. Also can affect the cats iirc. Rule of thumb keep it over a 1/4 .......no reason to run it dry anyway. It's all the same after the first tank full.

Winter months or cold morning condensation , on my boat its filled on return to dock , my fuel water separators are always dry - when I'm in a hurry and don't do it they get water build up. Same in a car lesser extent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll: What is the most gallons you've put in the tank