CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Need help buying the Ct200h (Los Angeles area)

Old 05-01-11, 02:51 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help buying the Ct200h (Los Angeles area)

hello everyone, this will be my first attempt to buy a luxury car or just a new car at all. I am a newbie.
For a long time now, I have become interested in the lexus ct200h. The main attraction is the MPG of course ( I see it as a great alternative to the Prius, which I am not too fond of).

Update: got the car!

Last edited by Sophyc76; 07-20-11 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-01-11, 03:24 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Have you considered a 3 or 4 year lease with a buyout price given at inception of the lease. I leased my last vehicle for 3 years and bought it at the end. Where I am it is state law they must give you a buyout price when you sign the lease.
Old 05-01-11, 03:27 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by herbvdh
Have you considered a 3 or 4 year lease with a buyout price given at inception of the lease. I leased my last vehicle for 3 years and bought it at the end. Where I am it is state law they must give you a buyout price when you sign the lease.
hi thanks for replying
would you be able to tell me how much i should expect (before taxes) for the lease and what the buy out price might be?
thanks again
Old 05-01-11, 03:27 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

The CT is at a very high demand right now, and not only that, in the next few months with the disaster in Japan, supply will begin to tighten. I would not expect the CT to lower in msrp until the end of the year.

chances are, you you probably be looking at 1 thousand at most off msrp because the invoice to msrp is a really small margin.
Old 05-01-11, 03:33 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
The CT is at a very high demand right now, and not only that, in the next few months with the disaster in Japan, supply will begin to tighten. I would not expect the CT to lower in msrp until the end of the year.

chances are, you you probably be looking at 1 thousand at most off msrp because the invoice to msrp is a really small margin.
hmm, i am actually willing to wait until the end of the year if prices will fall within my range. thank you for the reply
Old 05-01-11, 03:54 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sophyc76
hmm, i am actually willing to wait until the end of the year if prices will fall within my range. thank you for the reply
We really don't know. They may increase production this summer to meet demand and perhaps you may be able to find them on the lots.

Also, I know the base models are hard to find in SoCal and may need to be special-ordered. I don't know if you can wheel-n-deal on a special order.

Don't give up though. I got about $1000 off MSRP the first week they were released. If your dealer refuses to budge, then go find another. We're spoiled here. There's a Lexus dealer on every corner. Another thing to look for: Some folks reported they got a $1000 off coupon by attending an auto show and stopping by the Lexus booth. I went to the LA show and never saw or heard of such a thing and I spent a great deal of time at the Lexus booth.
Old 05-01-11, 04:05 PM
Sophyc76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dgstan
We really don't know. They may increase production this summer to meet demand and perhaps you may be able to find them on the lots.

Also, I know the base models are hard to find in SoCal and may need to be special-ordered. I don't know if you can wheel-n-deal on a special order.

Don't give up though. I got about $1000 off MSRP the first week they were released. If your dealer refuses to budge, then go find another. We're spoiled here. There's a Lexus dealer on every corner. Another thing to look for: Some folks reported they got a $1000 off coupon by attending an auto show and stopping by the Lexus booth. I went to the LA show and never saw or heard of such a thing and I spent a great deal of time at the Lexus booth.
Thanks, this is great information. Looks like I will be waiting this one out since I really want this car. I saw that lexus is also doing a college student graduate promotion where you can get $1000 cash back, I will look into that. That $1000 LA auto show coupon sounds really interesting, I might have to look into it. Sounds too good to be true but I will try to find out what it is all about. Thanks
Old 05-01-11, 06:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

if you are willing to wait, then you will certainly get your 1k off MSRP... just dont expect it right now.
Old 05-01-11, 11:00 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Ya, now is kind of a bad time.

But the one my family bought was a base model (IE the $29,994 model) that was negotiated to $1k off MSRP. So it is possible, but ya, now is a pretty bad time to try with the shortage of these cars. I'd expect MSRP at this point.