CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Soundproof glass on the ct?

Old 04-09-11, 11:33 PM
zbskii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundproof glass on the ct?

Does anybody know if the ct uses dual layer soundproof glass?

Thanks,
-Brett
Old 04-10-11, 12:06 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it's only standard on the windshield.
Old 04-10-11, 12:20 PM
myersport
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Side glass is single piece, windshield is acoustically tuned.

--dennis
Old 04-10-11, 04:39 PM
zbskii
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myersport
Side glass is single piece, windshield is acoustically tuned.

--dennis
Bah. That's kinda lame - even VW uses dual pane glass on all their cars now. Wonder if it was for weight savings?

-Brett
Old 04-10-11, 04:47 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

more like cost savings...
Old 04-10-11, 05:30 PM
myersport
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
more like cost savings...
Agreed.
Remember that this is a sub $30k Lexus we're talking about. I can't stand it when people pay $29k for a CT200h and complain that it doesn't have all the features of an $125k LS600h. I love my CT, but I accept it for what it is. The cheapest Lexus you can buy. Period.

--dennis
Old 04-10-11, 11:13 PM
cenix
Driver

Agreed.
Remember that this is a sub $30k Lexus we're talking about. I can't stand it when people pay $29k for a CT200h and complain that it doesn't have all the features of an $125k LS600h. I love my CT, but I accept it for what it is. The cheapest Lexus you can buy. Period.

--dennis
$30k is still a lot to pay for some people, but i do agree very much that this is no ls600h. the ct200h is cheaply built and it shows when you dig further into the car. the clips, plastic attachment pieces, the sound dampening materials, insulation, carpeting, body trim pieces, and even the sound of the door shutting is tinny and light.
Old 04-11-11, 12:09 AM
zbskii
Driver School Candidate

Agreed.

--dennis
Hey, VW found a way to do it on a $25k car. That said, even a base CT is way better optioned than anything else out there that I've seen. BMW doesn't even include power seats anymore in the base models...

-Brett
Old 04-11-11, 12:19 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

VW doesnt have to deal with the weakening dollar and the yen, and I believe they have factories all over the place such as mexico where they produce vehicles, which is a lot cheaper than Japan labor. Also the hybrid powertrain is a way more expensive base
Old 04-11-11, 03:32 AM
Bob259
Driver

Agreed.

--dennis
Ditto on that... and that it is not a race car with tire smoking power and paddle shifts..... etc. Folks remember it's a well made, high mile per gallon hybrid, want a race Hybrid, buy a Tesla .
Old 04-11-11, 05:09 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by zbskii
Bah. That's kinda lame - even VW uses dual pane glass on all their cars now. Wonder if it was for weight savings?

-Brett
it is not needed - CT200h is quietest Lexus outside of LS... it is quieter than IS, ES, GS...

And a lot quieter than VW's.

CT200h is also better equipped than much more expensive 3 series or A4.
Old 04-11-11, 05:17 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bob259
Ditto on that... and that it is not a race car with tire smoking power and paddle shifts..... etc. Folks remember it's a well made, high mile per gallon hybrid, want a race Hybrid, buy a Tesla .
i wish CT200h had paddle shifters like JDM model does :-)
Old 04-11-11, 03:05 PM
cenix
Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
i wish CT200h had paddle shifters like JDM model does :-)
they would do nothing for the car because of the cvt. it would only be yet another electronic program involved in the ecu to simulate the gear shift feel, even though none would actually occur. my humble opinion: worthless feature. i'd rather have standard auto-dimming side & rear view mirrors and memory electronically adjustible seats for driver and passenger than the paddle shifters of the jdm models.
Old 04-12-11, 12:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cenix
they would do nothing for the car because of the cvt. it would only be yet another electronic program involved in the ecu to simulate the gear shift feel, even though none would actually occur. my humble opinion: worthless feature. i'd rather have standard auto-dimming side & rear view mirrors and memory electronically adjustible seats for driver and passenger than the paddle shifters of the jdm models.
thats because you probably never drove CVT with and without the feature...

I did.

It lets your car rev properly up and down the range, providing engine braking which is quite important for the feel when you drive fast.
Old 04-12-11, 04:08 AM
myersport
Driver School Candidate

The GS450h has this feature, and I admit it's pretty nice. But again, the GSh is a car in a whole different performance league and price point. Lexus could have kept adding features to please everyone, and then ended up with a subcompact hatch that had everything everyone wanted but few could afford.
Defeats the purpose of 'Entry Level".

--dennis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soundproof glass on the ct?