CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Wait time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 08:05 PM
redrox5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait time?

With the recent tragedy in Japan, has the wait time for a built to order model increased dramatically? I'd like to take delivery around late July if possible, is it best to order in the next few weeks?

Last edited by redrox5; 04-05-11 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Meant late July, not June
Old 04-05-11, 09:08 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

July? I'd go order it ASAP if you want to even try for July.
Old 04-05-11, 09:16 PM
redrox5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
July? I'd go order it ASAP if you want to even try for July.
Yeah, I figured as much. Is 120+ days what I should be expecting?
Old 04-05-11, 10:12 PM
LexFather

From my understanding Prius and CT production have the highest priority. The thing is the CT is in very high demand everywhere, Japan, Europe, Asia, North America. I actually need to research where its sold globally.

With the first months demand more than double sales expectations well there will be a supply issue.

The good news is later orders have more NAV equipped models coming.
Old 04-06-11, 12:10 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by redrox5
Yeah, I figured as much. Is 120+ days what I should be expecting?
There is no way to tell right now, but on the CT forum it appears wait times have been varied and production still isn't near 100%. They've even canceled "employee" ordered cars in order to produce more customer-ordered vehicles.
Old 04-06-11, 02:18 AM
heron5
Driver School Candidate

Haven't ordered yet, but was told by dealer that it would probably be 2 to 6 months.
Old 04-06-11, 03:56 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
From my understanding Prius and CT production have the highest priority. The thing is the CT is in very high demand everywhere, Japan, Europe, Asia, North America. I actually need to research where its sold globally.

With the first months demand more than double sales expectations well there will be a supply issue.

The good news is later orders have more NAV equipped models coming.
CT is sold everywhere where Lexus is, and outside USA, it became #1 model right away.
From numbers, we know that for instance in spain, it more than doubled Lexus sales compared to previous month.
Old 04-06-11, 03:56 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

so if that continues, and Lexus did not anticipate it, it might become 6-8 month wait, easily.
Old 04-06-11, 04:03 AM
Bob259
Driver

I'm feeling pretty good right now getting the first one the dealer had that had all the options I wanted on it. Toyed with the idea of waiting for a different color and they said no idea when I could expect it. All my cars have been white so Tungsten Pearl is not bad and it matches the wifes Prius and I'm enjoying it now .
Old 04-06-11, 05:35 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
CT is sold everywhere where Lexus is, and outside USA, it became #1 model right away.
From numbers, we know that for instance in spain, it more than doubled Lexus sales compared to previous month.
Okay thank...this was much needed in Europe
Old 04-06-11, 05:17 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob259
I'm feeling pretty good right now getting the first one the dealer had that had all the options I wanted on it. Toyed with the idea of waiting for a different color and they said no idea when I could expect it. All my cars have been white so Tungsten Pearl is not bad and it matches the wifes Prius and I'm enjoying it now .
I got lucky myself. I actually put a deposit down the first week of March and a week later the CTh came and I passed on it because I wasn't satisfied with the numbers and I was willing to wait for another CTh (either a month or two). Then a few days later the salesperson called me and another SGM CTh came along and the numbers worked out to my liking and I jumped on it...loving the CTh so far.

Looking back now, I probably would have waited much longer after passing up on the first CTh...
Old 04-06-11, 06:58 PM
lensync
Driver School Candidate

I was actually on the way down to Reno Lexus to deal on a SGM w/ caramel interior... Premium package= base car with sunroof and heated seats... And it sold before I got down there. Actually all 7 cars sold with-in a few days. They only had a SGM with black interior but same options so we passed. I then came back in a couple days later and that car was gone. They said that I could special order one but it could be anywhere between 2-4 months. MAYBE. They had nothing coming in so it would take some luck. The manager poked his head in and said that they just found out that they were allocated one car that day... White w/ black leather... But it was loaded... Although we wanted white, we didn't want the black leather or the loaded car. We agreed on a deal and our car should arrive on the 15th of this month... First off I didn't know that this many people even knew about the CT. It's also selling like hotcakes in a city that loves lifted trucks!!! But yes there is a significant shortage of CT's and along w/ the popularity..... A special order might be the ticket!!! Best wishes!! I haven't driven one yet but I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 04-06-11, 07:16 PM
michaelisf
Driver

I went today serramonte lexus in colma 5 minutes b4 i arrivec it sold there was a white demo and z nice red one. Sales man said some one from clublexus tipped him off that there was one. Salesman said it will be 3 months to get more bcuz japan took a hit so salesman tried to sell me an is series lexo 2 times i arrive and it sold quickI tipped off that there was one in serramonte so that means a member here bought one congrads i would like to know who : p
Old 04-06-11, 07:32 PM
dkidwell
Rookie

My dealer tells me that there was a ship that arrived in California March 29th and that the cars are just now being sent to the dealers. I don't know how many CTs were on the ship. I am guessing these cars were on the ship or being loaded at the time of the earthquake.

Keep checking your dealers for the next week or two.

My car was on that ship and it should arrive at my dealer sometime around the 15th.
Old 04-06-11, 09:30 PM
LexFather

I just got word the entire SE is only getting 60 or so cars next shipment

Quick Reply: Wait time?