CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

IS250 to CT200h. Anyone switch or considering?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 03:44 PM
heron5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS250 to CT200h. Anyone switch or considering?

Background: Own 2006 IS250 AWD. It’s been a great vehicle and one I still enjoy driving. Daily commute is 22 miles one way, mostly secondary roads, some city. Rarely haul passengers, and maybe twice total in the backseat.

Motivation: Interested in switching to hybrid, and like the styling of the CT200. Also figure I may as well trade now while I can get at least something for the IS.

Main question: If you’ve made a switch like this, what do you miss most about the IS? If you haven’t switched, what do you THINK you’d miss?

Secondary question: Although I only get on the highway maybe twice a week, I’d prefer not to make a reservation so I can enter without being run over by the truckers. I’ve read that the CT’s acceleration leaves much to be desired, but was wondering if perhaps the sport setting would be adequate for this purpose.
Old 04-02-11, 07:34 PM
fasthuh
Lead Lap

I have driven the IS250 for a short period of time (during service) so my view might not be the best.

To me, the CT200h sport mode is not shabby, its not a race car, but it can get up and go. You will notice a bit of difference in acceleration, coming from V6 to hybrid...

For the ride, the CT has a sportier and tad bit rougher ride than the IS. The IS has a bit better road and sound dampening.

If you don't give rides to anyone in the back seat and want to save on gas, it would be a good move.
Old 04-03-11, 01:02 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthuh
I have driven the IS250 for a short period of time (during service) so my view might not be the best.

To me, the CT200h sport mode is not shabby, its not a race car, but it can get up and go. You will notice a bit of difference in acceleration, coming from V6 to hybrid...

For the ride, the CT has a sportier and tad bit rougher ride than the IS. The IS has a bit better road and sound dampening.

If you don't give rides to anyone in the back seat and want to save on gas, it would be a good move.
CT should have more space in the back compared to IS :-).... there is also no transmission tunel in the middle.

We had some people here move from IS-F, so i am sure there are even more moving from IS250.
Old 04-03-11, 09:02 AM
greggy23
Rookie

Yup. I have a 2007 IS 250 and I'm moving to a CT.

What I'll miss with my IS (mainly because I didn't order those options on the CT)

1. Driver and Passenger seat memory
2. Acceleration and passing power on the Freeway
3. Backup Camera
4. Integrated NAV

What I won't miss

1. Expensive replacement 18" tires
2. 21 - 24 mpg city driving

I could have ordered my CT with the options I have on my IS but when priced out with them the CT was just as expensive as an IS. I decided I could live without those conveniences and save a few thousand dollars. Also my GF just bought a 2011 IS 250 with F sport package so I won't be missing my IS too much.
Old 04-03-11, 10:36 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
CT should have more space in the back compared to IS :-).... there is also no transmission tunel in the middle.

We had some people here move from IS-F, so i am sure there are even more moving from IS250.
ehh...CT has less space in the back compare to IS. AndiIf I remember it right, the guy who gave up ISF for CT was because the ISF was too expensive for him...
Old 04-03-11, 11:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
ehh...CT has less space in the back compare to IS. AndiIf I remember it right, the guy who gave up ISF for CT was because the ISF was too expensive for him...
it has more space... EPA interior passenger space is significantly better on CTh, also more knee and leg space and plus there is no huge transmission tunel in the middle.
Old 04-03-11, 12:49 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Replacing a 2007 IS250 base model with Enhancement Pack (satnav, reversing camera & moonroof) with a CT200h Sports Luxury which is the top of the range model here in Australia with all of the features I had on the IS250 plus a host of other goodies.

I've sold the IS250 for the cost of my finance payout figure (which worked out really well) and the new CT200h is going to be $A180 cheaper a month in finance. What with a higher level of features, a cheaper insurance policy and ongoing fuel costs, it was a no-brainer decision to make.

Taking delivery this week
Old 04-03-11, 11:33 PM
mm767cap
Driver

I'm one of the guys who moved from the IS-F. Space is pretty similar. My non-scientific sense is that the CT has less rear leg room, though it sounds like it actually has more per the numbers. They are pretty close. As far as trunk space, it's tough to compare a sedan with a hatch because the storage areas are so different. I think I could probably stuff a little more into the CT with the seats folded down.

All in all I think you will find the space pretty close to the same.
Old 04-04-11, 07:49 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mm767cap
I'm one of the guys who moved from the IS-F. Space is pretty similar. My non-scientific sense is that the CT has less rear leg room, though it sounds like it actually has more per the numbers. They are pretty close. As far as trunk space, it's tough to compare a sedan with a hatch because the storage areas are so different. I think I could probably stuff a little more into the CT with the seats folded down.

All in all I think you will find the space pretty close to the same.
I compared the rear leg room with my IS. I'm 190cm and I can squeeze myself into the back seat behind my driver seat, but in CT have to cut off my legs to fit behind driver seat (with my setting on driver seat). I have no problem to throw in my sons stroller in the trunk of my IS, but the same stroller doesn't fit in CTs trunk without fold down the back seats. So the CT is a bit smaller... The car is best fited for 2 persons...
Old 04-04-11, 12:21 PM
koric
Driver

I compared the rear leg room with my IS. I'm 190cm and I can squeeze myself into the back seat behind my driver seat, but in CT have to cut off my legs to fit behind driver seat (with my setting on driver seat). I have no problem to throw in my sons stroller in the trunk of my IS, but the same stroller doesn't fit in CTs trunk without fold down the back seats. So the CT is a bit smaller... The car is best fited for 2 persons...
+1

The CT's rear leg room and back seat is a joke. My wife said I looked like a giant sitting in the back while I'm only 5'7". Three adults would not fit in the back seat unless they're Ethiopian midgets. A stroller definitely would not fit in the trunk. The CT's **** pit reminds me of sitting in an S2000. It sits low and snug.
Old 04-05-11, 03:05 AM
heron5
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate the replies. Scheduling a test drive soon. Anyone willing to share what they got for their IS trade-in (with year, mileage, etc.)?
Old 04-05-11, 09:56 PM
michaelisf
Driver

If i just bought a 2010 honda about a year this may and i trade for a lexus will i lose alot of money trading in? How does this work does dealer pay off loan add balance on top of new lexo price?
Old 04-05-11, 10:00 PM
michaelisf
Driver

I went to lexus was originally checking out a is350 then fell in love wid da ct200h i love hatchbacks i was stuck on sti hatchback or is350 then saw the ct200 i sat in it reminded me of a sti hatchback with luxury but without the power looks sweet if i got one i would slap some nice advan rims deep dish with airbags for a carshow
Old 04-05-11, 10:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelisf
If i just bought a 2010 honda about a year this may and i trade for a lexus will i lose alot of money trading in? How does this work does dealer pay off loan add balance on top of new lexo price?
Yeah of course. You will lose whatever money you put down and whatever you've already paid. Do you have a lot of miles on your Honda? Regardless you will have negative equity for your Honda as the car has already depreciated in value from the time you left the dealership lot.

If you have negative equity, you can carry some of it over to a new loan...but if the negative equity is very high, you may get denied for a loan.
Old 04-05-11, 10:07 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Oh when i sat in the inside of the ct a sales man wrote dont test drive its sold on the winshield at serramonte lexus here in colma they look like really nice cars to go show on

Quick Reply: IS250 to CT200h. Anyone switch or considering?