CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Delivery - How long did you wait?

Old 03-27-11, 01:22 PM
rukkus123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery - How long did you wait?

Hi
I am eagerly awaiting my CT and was wondering how long people had to wait for their car?

I live in VA, just outside Washington, D.C. and the dealership can't give me a straight answer as to WHEN they will have my car. They are shooting for the end of the month. It's only been a week since I put my deposit down but I'm getting antsy.
Old 03-27-11, 11:17 PM
gbp1s
Driver School Candidate

We were told our CT was scheduled to arrive at the port on 3/21. It arrived at the dealership on 3/26 and we were able to pick it up today. My wife loves the car so far...
Old 03-28-11, 12:36 AM
crc333
Driver School Candidate

rukkus123...

Did your dealer find you car "on the ground" or did you order it?

I work for Lexus of Bellevue (Washington State). I just took an order on a base model the customer didn't want anything more than that. So we've set an expectation of up to 120 days, unless of course we find one "on the ground" and can get it sooner.

I'm not trying to scare you or get you thinking that your dealer isn't going to deliver your car. Keep in mind if it was a factory order then it could take a little longer. unless they found you a car in VA or out of state and it's getting shipped to VA.

Cheers,
CRC
Old 03-28-11, 03:49 AM
rukkus123
Driver School Candidate

Thanks CRC
He said the dealership was taking orders but would try to find me on from another dealership. I suppose I should just expect to wait..sigh. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-28-11, 01:59 PM
rukkus123
Driver School Candidate

Me again. Got a call from the dealer telling me the only car he can find me is one with the options package - which I wasn't interested in. It would jump the out the door price by $1500. He told me the cars shipping now all have upgrades and it can't be avoided. Am I being scammed? Help!
Old 03-28-11, 02:07 PM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by rukkus123
Me again. Got a call from the dealer telling me the only car he can find me is one with the options package - which I wasn't interested in. It would jump the out the door price by $1500. He told me the cars shipping now all have upgrades and it can't be avoided. Am I being scammed? Help!
The build percentages I was told would put 85% in the middle of the pricing. So believe your dealer is being up front with you.
Old 03-28-11, 02:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

CT200h is in high demand... why dont you call some other dealers around? maybe they have available vehicles....
Old 03-28-11, 07:32 PM
crc333
Driver School Candidate

Going out on a limb here...I don't think your dealer is trying to scam you. They want to get you in a car. Think of it this way. What if they didn't call you and you found out that people after you ordered your car where getting cars sooner than you?!

The thing is (as a sales person and a consumer) $1500 isn't that much more over the life of your loan, unless of course your budget doesn't allow for that increase which I understand and respect. Get the car you want or get one sooner and start saving money on gas and start enjoying the CT now!

I sold a Base to a couple and they only want the base nothing more. They'll have to wait upwards of 90 to 120 days.

Curtis
Old 03-28-11, 09:42 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by crc333
Going out on a limb here...I don't think your dealer is trying to scam you. They want to get you in a car. Think of it this way. What if they didn't call you and you found out that people after you ordered your car where getting cars sooner than you?!

The thing is (as a sales person and a consumer) $1500 isn't that much more over the life of your loan
Curtis
Rukkus - Beware the dealerspeak. Don't pay a penny over what you feel comfortable with.
Old 03-28-11, 10:11 PM
crc333
Driver School Candidate

Dgstan...
I worked with a client this past Sat and I had my GSM search the US to find the exact car, BASE nothing in it. We found a couple with the wrong color combo and they wanted Smoky Granite on BLK. Anything other than that was a no go. He then found one with heated seats and sunroof in Florida and one in Jersey.

So I asked my client if they would consider a car with a sunroof and heated seats, they where sure that they wanted the base model only. Yes the MSRP would have gone up $1200 more than a base with no sun roof and no heat seats. But wouldn't you rather have your sales person ask you the question "I found the correct color combo but it has these two other options...." and then you can say no thanks I'll order the one I want!

I have zero desire to play games with my clients but maybe your experiences have been different. I consider that a courtesy to my client rather a tactic to sell a higher priced car. As a matter of fact they told me that they appreciated the efforts the I and my GSM went through to try and locate a car for a quicker delivery rather than waiting up to 3 or 4 months. I treat my clients the way I would want to be treated with respect!

I take slight offence that you think this is dealerspeak and maybe I shouldn't. But I've spent twenty years working with people face to face and in my IT career doing nothing but being honest. Never have I over promised or under delivered.

Peace!
Curtis

P.S. I was never intending my comment to come across as a tactic...I want one of these cars myself and I would personally pay to get one sooner.

Last edited by crc333; 03-28-11 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-29-11, 05:06 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by crc333
Dgstan...
I worked with a client this past Sat and I had my GSM search the US to find the exact car, BASE nothing in it. We found a couple with the wrong color combo and they wanted Smoky Granite on BLK. Anything other than that was a no go. He then found one with heated seats and sunroof in Florida and one in Jersey.

So I asked my client if they would consider a car with a sunroof and heated seats, they where sure that they wanted the base model only. Yes the MSRP would have gone up $1200 more than a base with no sun roof and no heat seats. But wouldn't you rather have your sales person ask you the question "I found the correct color combo but it has these two other options...." and then you can say no thanks I'll order the one I want!

I have zero desire to play games with my clients but maybe your experiences have been different. I consider that a courtesy to my client rather a tactic to sell a higher priced car. As a matter of fact they told me that they appreciated the efforts the I and my GSM went through to try and locate a car for a quicker delivery rather than waiting up to 3 or 4 months. I treat my clients the way I would want to be treated with respect!

I take slight offence that you think this is dealerspeak and maybe I shouldn't. But I've spent twenty years working with people face to face and in my IT career doing nothing but being honest. Never have I over promised or under delivered.

Peace!
Curtis

P.S. I was never intending my comment to come across as a tactic...I want one of these cars myself and I would personally pay to get one sooner.
first of all, you are insulting other dealers.
second of all, you should not be posting how you are an dealer looking for business, unless you are clublexus sponsors.
Old 03-29-11, 08:16 AM
crc333
Driver School Candidate

how did I insult another dealer? I never said a negative word about another dealer. I was trying to explain how I handle clients....and I think that rukkus123's dealer is doing what anyone would expect a dealer to do, get a car in sooner. That's all and I feel that's a good thing. If the person buying the car doesn't want the other car then no sweat off anyone's back, the customer will get what they ordered when it arrives.
Old 03-29-11, 05:50 PM
LexCeeTee
Driver School Candidate

Back on topic... I put my deposit down on March 16th and I'm still waiting rather anxiously. My dealer told me it could be up to 2 months to get the car equipped exactly how I want it.
Old 03-30-11, 12:14 PM
OVRBST
Driver School Candidate

There's a 100% plain premium for sale at Wornock Lexus in Livingston NJ. Tungsten on black.

$32,012. That's premium model MSRP plus delivery cost.

I was just here for the day and happened to drive by and check it out. I have my Starfire/black leather on order. They told me about 10 weeks, but could run up to 4 months
Old 04-02-11, 01:02 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

2.5 weeks for a port-to-dealer delivery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delivery - How long did you wait?