CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

what does the CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-12, 07:44 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
In Japan they seperated the two name plates in the last couple years, iirc. They used to call them both Toyota after Toyoda.
Not anymore.

There is a huge difference in the way you are treated by the dealer too. White Glove service vs who knows. My local Toyota dealer is crass and belligerent and the sales staff knows almost nothing. I actually bought cars from other dealers and use their service dept.

My Lexus dealer bends over backwards for me.

The CT200h in special edition form out handles both the ct200h and prius........and probably close to the S2000. I've driven three or four S2000's a lot depends on what has been done stock form its pretty close.
Of course there are similarities same company , but not even close as far as dealer response and treatment overall.
I find your information very welcoming, thanks for this. I noticed that I can "rail" through turns
unbelievably well with my CT SE - (to clarify with the F blue springs, sway bars, etc.)

Having own an 08 prius, #6 and going into the CT, I also wanted the same, low key and cost
effective ownership. Going into the 15K service, it's interesting to see that Lexus charges 55
for the air filter and toyota charges 16 for the same filter. The only problem is that my local
toyota dealer does not want to work on my lexus for legal reasons, such as changing the CVT
oil, brake bleeding, etc.

So the "L" will end up costing a bit more..............."sigh"
Old 09-18-12, 06:29 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Another Prius feature not on the CT

Doesn't the Prius also have an available solar powered vent for the sunroof when you leave the car parked in the sun? I'd sure like to have that on my RX 450h.
Old 09-19-12, 06:41 PM
midcow3
Instructor

Received 463 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
In Japan they seperated the two name plates in the last couple years, iirc. They used to call them both Toyota after Toyoda.
Not anymore.

There is a huge difference in the way you are treated by the dealer too. White Glove service vs who knows. My local Toyota dealer is crass and belligerent and the sales staff knows almost nothing. I actually bought cars from other dealers and use their service dept.

My Lexus dealer bends over backwards for me.

The CT200h in special edition form out handles both the ct200h and prius........and probably close to the S2000. I've driven three or four S2000's a lot depends on what has been done stock form its pretty close.
Of course there are similarities same company , but not even close as far as dealer response and treatment overall.

Actually depends on the dealership; some Toyota dealerships are excellent. Some Lexus dealerships don't hit the excellent mark. I have a great Toyota dealership and a great Lexus dealership, albeit, the Lexus service costs more.

The Ct200h is special edition ( I assume you mean F-sport) out handles both the CT200h and the Prius - Well, Duh. But again have you driven all three? F-sport and 17 inch tire Prius, specifically?

You have got to be kidding me about the S2000? You have REALLY DRIVEN three or four and you can't tell a difference in handling. Have you ever come out of a corner and applied the power to a RWD to cause drift. Well, you can’t do it with a FWD like the CT200h , especially without sufficient power ..and they handle ‘pretty close’ ?? “Stock form is ‘pretty close’”, no way. Did you keep them under 2,000 rpm, you have to get in the 5,000 - 8,000 rpm range ? I somehow find your statement about the S2000 hard to believe fully.

Last edited by midcow3; 09-20-12 at 02:04 AM. Reason: clarification, spelling
Old 09-22-12, 06:09 PM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by FLYCT
What I wish the CT had was dynamic cruise control. I had it on my Avalon and loved it.
CT and Prius can both be ordered with dynamic radar cruise. But all Lexus and Toyota dealers in the US seem to be too stupid to order cars with radar cruise for their lot -- so you generally have to wait 3 months to get it.
Old 09-22-12, 08:12 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zmisst
CT and Prius can both be ordered with dynamic radar cruise. But all Lexus and Toyota dealers in the US seem to be too stupid to order cars with radar cruise for their lot -- so you generally have to wait 3 months to get it.
Actually the Prius can be found with dynamic cruise easily. It comes as part of the Advanced Technology Package. It comes with all kinds do nice gadgets like heads up display on windshield, Pre collision system, Lane keep assist, etc..... Here's oe example;
http://southeast.buyatoyota.com/priu...KN3DU2C1600123

I could not find a CT available anywhere in the country with dynamic cruise control. Only way to get it I was told was to special order and wait 12 weeks.

JR
Old 09-24-12, 04:54 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Actually depends on the dealership; some Toyota dealerships are excellent. Some Lexus dealerships don't hit the excellent mark. I have a great Toyota dealership and a great Lexus dealership, albeit, the Lexus service costs more.

The Ct200h is special edition ( I assume you mean F-sport) out handles both the CT200h and the Prius - Well, Duh. But again have you driven all three? F-sport and 17 inch tire Prius, specifically?

You have got to be kidding me about the S2000? You have REALLY DRIVEN three or four and you can't tell a difference in handling. Have you ever come out of a corner and applied the power to a RWD to cause drift. Well, you can’t do it with a FWD like the CT200h , especially without sufficient power ..and they handle ‘pretty close’ ?? “Stock form is ‘pretty close’”, no way. Did you keep them under 2,000 rpm, you have to get in the 5,000 - 8,000 rpm range ? I somehow find your statement about the S2000 hard to believe fully.
No kidding , none , obviously you've never driven the Special edition. Of course power is an issue the S-2000 yeah my sons girlfriend had one. I drove it quite a few times and took care of the car for her. I also test drove a couple of my friends souped up ones.
I also own a 1993.5 Supra Hardtop Single Turbo......makes north of 700whp. I think I know a little bit about power and rear wheel drive.

http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com/...svanhoesen.htm

Handling and power are two different things obviously you could drive the s2000 faster because it is faster. But, handling alone its fairly close and I'm quite sure of it. S-2000 is a dog ....unless you feel 240hp up in the rpm range is fun. Car has little tq. Whatever its a nice car in its class but for me the Mazda would be a better handler and faster on a track. Miata.

Again it would be close on a tight obstacle course where power never comes into play.
Old 01-01-13, 11:32 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

how do we determine which ct's are "special edition" and which are not? rear badging? (sorry ive never seen one before, nor heard of it)
Old 02-13-13, 03:34 PM
leonar40
Driver School Candidate

Don't forget the windshield wiper de-icer. Does the Prius have that option? I had no idea my CT had that option when I bought it, and I thought it was really neat when I found it in the owner manual.
Old 02-13-13, 11:17 PM
KKM
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by leonar40
Don't forget the windshield wiper de-icer. Does the Prius have that option? I had no idea my CT had that option when I bought it, and I thought it was really neat when I found it in the owner manual.
Personally, I rather not have the wiper de-icer, which is built in the windshield, if I had a choice, since replacing it cost a lot more then a regular windshield. If I did have to replace the windshield out of pocket, I would explore to see if there is option to install without the de-icer sine there is no need in the Bay area.
Old 02-15-13, 04:48 AM
DBV1
Driver School Candidate

If I had to do it all over again, I would just get a Prius in the Five. I like the interior, drive and the fact that I rarely see any other CT200h F Sport SE in my area, but I don't think it is worth it over the Prius much better gas mileage and much more room in the Prius rear seats.