CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

what does the CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 03:12 PM
tank97
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u drive a ct u look cool! if u drive a prius u look nerd!..lol
Old 02-29-12, 06:34 PM
zmisst
Rookie

what is really telling is the level of maturity on the CT forum vs the prius forum. I think I know who is buying what car.
Old 03-06-12, 06:16 PM
LifeEnjoyr
Driver

This is the same debate I've been having these past couple weeks. I've test-driven the CT and sat in a number of the Prius as well.

I think the time will come for me to hop into the CT very soon!
I'm giving up so many amenities that my GX has though (besides the gas mileage =P)
Old 03-06-12, 07:52 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I get to drive the ct a lot at work and it is just a really good car. It's attractive and sporty but you still get great gas mileage. A family member owns the Prius and it just isn't fun to drive. The Lexus is comfortable and I actually want to be seen in it. Which is why I will be buying one next year!!
Old 03-08-12, 11:38 AM
gpunkt
Driver School Candidate

I went through this prius vs. ct thing 1,5 years ago and bought the prius.

After 4 months of waiting I got a perfect prius with lots of gimmicks. A few months later it started to squeak and rattle, it was a total mess compared to my 2006 prius. I began to hate the new car!

6 'reparations' later I drove away with the ct and am happy with it so far.

Don't let toyota fool you with that piece of cr...!

Last edited by gpunkt; 03-08-12 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-09-12, 04:24 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great thread - I find this info very helpful, thank you
Old 03-11-12, 11:03 AM
zmisst
Rookie

for 2012, toyota took off the worthless parking guidance and instead gave Heads Up Display on the top Prius.

HUD: another tech feature available on prius but not the ct200h
Old 03-18-12, 07:48 AM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by zmisst
for 2012, toyota took off the worthless parking guidance and instead gave Heads Up Display on the top Prius.

HUD: another tech feature available on prius but not the ct200h
After doing a test drive of CT I can update the lists:

subjective features the CT200h has -- and the prius doesn't have:
* much better seats, driving position and dash/console layout. Sitting in the CT fits like a glove compared to getting in the prius which feels like driving any random rental car.
* Lexus fit and finish -- dash materials esp. are much better than prius
* very comfy steering wheel and more responsive steering feel
* sportier tuned handling (ind rear suspension and some vibration damping)

Tech available on Ct but not available on Prius:
* LED headlights
* headlight washers
* heated seats
* memory seats
* dual zone a/c
* joystick Nav control
* defoggers for outside mirrors
* 10 speaker stereo (Prius best is 8)
* Enform (like fancier Onstar)
* backup camera in mirror (if no nav)
* glass break sensor

Other things:
* Lexus warranty

Available on Prius but not CT:
* Lane Keep Assist
* Heads Up Display
* Plasmacluster ionizer (?!)
* bigger cargo area
* bigger backseat area
* Prius, because it weighs less and is more aerodynamic, the Prius is **faster** and more fuel efficient

While it is tough to chose a car that is actually SLOWER than the prius, and lacks cool tech gadgets like HUD and LKA, the subjective driving feel and seats of the CT might do it for me.
Old 03-18-12, 01:45 PM
DigitalEye
Driver School Candidate

zmisst, if you really are having such a hard time deciding between the two then my advice to you is to buy a loaded Prius. For me the Prius is a terrible looking car that was marketed (very successfully) to a younger more eco-concerned demographic. If you're actually comparing the two cars I can only extrapolate that the styling and looks of a car aren't that important to you so save a few grand and become a Prius driver.

Silly gadgets like HUD display and Lane Keeper assist are really non-sequiturs and it seems pointless to me to compare them. And even though the CT is "SLOWER" as you say I very seriously doubt you could tell the difference in acceleration between the two from behind the wheel.

Funny story. When i was a kid a neighbor got a brand new BMW 318i everybody oohed and aahed at the sporty car: 1984 BMW 318i 0-60 mph 11.5 Quarter mile 18.1 and it did NOT get 40+ mpg Just sayin' Whats your hurry anyway:-)

Last edited by DigitalEye; 03-18-12 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-18-12, 03:26 PM
abqpete
Driver School Candidate

zmisst,

Your list is not fully correct. The Prius does have the option of LED headlights, headlight washers, heated seats, and defoggers for outside mirrors. Also, the CT can have leather seats that are no longer available on the Prius.

The CT does have the plasma cluster ionizer (it's the button above the "dual" control).
Old 03-18-12, 06:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lexuslover
we struggled with the same question and actually favored the prius initially for its bigger rear seat room and trunk because we have two young kids. the loaded CT was probably about 4k more than the loaded prius. sure the prius has some other nice tech features, but not something that was a deal breaker for us.

but when you factor in what it's like to drive, you really stop comparing them. it's truly not even close to the same car. in the end i could not bring myself to get the cheaper prius, and now we have the CT and 2 kid seats in the back. sure it's a tight fit, but it's my commuter car so we don't always have kids back there.

have you driven them both? i agree that on paper it's a tough choice, but i think once you drive them the answer becomes more clear. plus 1 in 10 cars out here seems like it's a prius, so that really turns me off ..
This. The Prius is a great car in its own right but the CT is a different vehicle and IMO superior. The seats and dash alone are worth the higher price. THe trick gauges. The speakers made from bamboo. The Nu-Luxe trim. The better sound system.
Old 03-19-12, 07:03 AM
GenozWorld
Driver School Candidate

My Dad (80's+) sat in my prius and said that it's a bumpy, jumpy, all over the road car. The car was fairly new - under 10K miles so the suspension was not damaged. He didn't like it at all, so when i visited him, I had to rent a car so that he would be more comfortable.

In my CT "F", he found it much more stable and comfortable. didn't like how low it was, but alas, can't make it
perfect!

IMHO - the CT F is just the "IT" factor. When i drive it, people turn, they look and they comment. it's just a totally upgraded prius with all the bells, whistles and prestige.
Old 05-13-12, 09:54 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

The prius is well over priced for a hybrid car. With the CT you get the best of both worlds. you get to drive a Luxury car and you get 45 to 50 mpg... Beat that diesels....
Old 05-17-12, 08:53 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

same difference as an ES and a Camry. RX and a highlander. Its nothing new my friend.
Old 05-19-12, 09:01 PM
jfh
Driver School Candidate

Incredibly comfortable front seats.

We were going to replace an older Prius with a new one, but it wasn't even close when compared to a CT. The other features are nice (and a loaded Prius has some features I wish we're available on a CT), but if you are going to drive or ride in a car, you might as well be comfortable doing so.

Quick Reply: what does the CT200h have that a loaded Prius doesn't have?