CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

ct200h-anyone experiencing a"click" noise from the break pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-11, 11:53 AM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ct200h-anyone experiencing a"click" noise from the break pedal?

i have been driving my ct200h for a week now, and i noticed that there's a "click" noise everytime when the break pedal is pressed. I've talked to the dealer and i will bring my car in for close inspection, but before i do that, i wanted to know if there's anyone who's experiencing the same thing. seems like since there are only a few ct owners out there, i couldn't find any threads on internet regarding this.
Old 03-11-11, 12:00 PM
Bob259
Driver

I haven't noticed one in mine. Only thing I have noticed is the Auto Dimming rear view mirror doesn't seem to dim as well has the one I had in my Highlander Hybrid.
Old 03-11-11, 02:42 PM
JM011
Driver School Candidate

I heard a brake clicking noise on one occasion today. I was on a hill and depressed the brake with a bit more force than usual before shifting from drive to reverse. It just seemed just to be normal ABS operation and certainly doesn't occur on my vehicle each time the brake is pressed. I'd get that checked out...
Old 03-11-11, 04:55 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

thanks guys. yeah, unfortunately my ct makes noise every time - even when the engine is off. it's not loud but gets very annoying. i love my ct overall, especially the smooth ride and i don't even have much problem with 0-60/10 seconds since i mostly drive in the city, but this small flaw gives me sour stomach! i am bringing in the car next week when i get the plate from the dealer. i'll let u guys updated on this issue.

thanks and enjoy your ct200h!

ct200h/Smoky Granite Mica/No Navi/Caramel Nuluxe interior
Old 03-11-11, 05:01 PM
pchea1088
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ctman
thanks guys. yeah, unfortunately my ct makes noise every time - even when the engine is off. it's not loud but gets very annoying. i love my ct overall, especially the smooth ride and i don't even have much problem with 0-60/10 seconds since i mostly drive in the city, but this small flaw gives me sour stomach! i am bringing in the car next week when i get the plate from the dealer. i'll let u guys updated on this issue.

thanks and enjoy your ct200h!

ct200h/Smoky Granite Mica/No Navi/Caramel Nuluxe interior
Any chance we can get a few pictures of your car?

I'm liking the way SGM + Caramel sounds right now.
Old 03-11-11, 05:09 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

my IS does the same thing. they say its from the floating calipers.
Old 03-11-11, 05:23 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

hey RXSF, so is that normal or a sign of defect? i should have some knowledge before i talk to the dealer.
Old 03-11-11, 06:06 PM
RXSF

they say its normal, but I dont think its normal. In fact, its funny that this is being brought up now because mine seems to be getting louder and more frequent. It usually happens at low speeds and everyone in my car usually comments on whether or not my brakes need to be checked.

I have not been in any other IS so i cannot say whether or not its normal. I would say have the dealer check it out but be prepared when they say its just the design of the calipers
Old 03-11-11, 07:05 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Huh.... No click from me, but I do get a high-pitched whine from the regen braking. Anyone else have that?
Old 03-11-11, 07:17 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXSF
they say its normal, but I dont think its normal. In fact, its funny that this is being brought up now because mine seems to be getting louder and more frequent. It usually happens at low speeds and everyone in my car usually comments on whether or not my brakes need to be checked.

I have not been in any other IS so i cannot say whether or not its normal. I would say have the dealer check it out but be prepared when they say its just the design of the calipers
Where does the noise come from? Mine comes right from the break pedal area, not from the break pads on the wheels.
Old 03-11-11, 07:22 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mm767cap
Huh.... No click from me, but I do get a high-pitched whine from the regen braking. Anyone else have that?
I have that too, but when i was test driving, i remember them saying it's a nature of hybrid breaking system since it uses electric power for breaking.
Old 03-11-11, 08:27 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Not sure if this might help you guys out but when I dropped my IS off for service, I had an HS loaner and it did the same thing. I always assumed it was due to the regenerative braking. Almost as if the click was to "activate" the charging process.
Old 03-11-11, 09:19 PM
RXSF

ohhh, no mine is coming from the brake pads so it is really noticeable from the outside, not from the break pedal. As them to check it out, my RXh does not make any sound
Old 03-11-11, 09:25 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by mm767cap
Yeah, that's the sweet sound of saving gas.
Old 03-11-11, 09:45 PM
ctman
Driver School Candidate

i found this thread. it seems like the same issue-
FYI:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ing-noise.html

Quick Reply: ct200h-anyone experiencing a"click" noise from the break pedal?