Old 02-23-15, 07:38 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by StillLine
Raiden,

Is this what you would like to see?

StillLine

P.S. - That's some wicked good fuel economy you're getting there!
Old 02-23-15, 09:53 AM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raidin
Yup! And also, thank you.
I'm going to guess that your user group (based on number of posts) is what assigns the signature permissions. I'm also going to guess that once you hit 100 posts, it'll put you in the user group "Driver" and allow you to put BBCode images into your sig. So...if I'm correct, as of right now you're only 2 posts away from getting your Fuelly picture in your sig and completing everything there is to do in life!!!

Last edited by RonSwanson; 02-23-15 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-23-15, 12:19 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I am messing with you.

Originally Posted by jtnoboru
I'm going to guess that your user group (based on number of posts) is what assigns the signature permissions.
Raiden and jtnoboru,

I'm messing with guys because you're actually right about not being able to insert code into your sig. Only images and/or text is allowed as far as I see. You can, however, insert code in the body of your message and it works. Therefore, all I did was make it look like a sig by inserting the little line and then the HTML code from the fuelly site. Bottom line is that you can have it like you want it if you're willing to copy and paste it into the message each time. I have the little line and code saved in a text document that I can easily copy and paste from.

StillLine

Old 02-23-15, 01:44 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Raiden and jtnoboru,

I'm messing with guys because you're actually right about not being able to insert code into your sig. Only images and/or text is allowed as far as I see. You can, however, insert code in the body of your message and it works. Therefore, all I did was make it look like a sig by inserting the little line and then the HTML code from the fuelly site. Bottom line is that you can have it like you want it if you're willing to copy and paste it into the message each time. I have the little line and code saved in a text document that I can easily copy and paste from.

StillLine
Lol, I know you were messing w/ him. I remember he was getting confused about it in another thread, so I just wanted to help him out. Let me know where and when the party is when Raiden gets his 100th post and finally gets to put his Fuelly image in his sig.
Old 02-25-15, 10:09 AM
jgoleno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man I must have some ridiculous lead foot or something in mine. I've had my CT since July 13 and my lifetime average according to my road trip app is right around 34.5mpg I'm not exactly light on the gas, and apparently from reading this I should stop keeping it only in eco mode as well.

I know on longer trips where it's all highways(Nashville to Birmingham or Nashville to Atlanta), I've had it up in the high 40s and once on the way back from northern Alabama I hit 50, but normal around town driving and a 10-15min work commute I don't ever get above 37mpg, and that's usually in the late spring.
Old 02-26-15, 07:15 AM
Raidin
Advanced

Received 202 Likes on 121 Posts

Eco mode doesn't give you better mileage, it just encourages you to drive slower by making the gas pedal heavier to push, and reduces the maximum speed of the climate control fan a bit. I recommend Normal mode whenever you don't want Sport mode. Eco is good for when you're the only one on the road and you want to feather the throttle and go very slow. Cruise control will also help by keeping you at the most efficient throttle position for the speed you're doing.

If you do more city driving than anything else, it will be difficult to get good mileage due to constant stops and acceleration back to speed. You will need to be gentle on the throttle and accelerate slowly. On the highway, if you exceed 65 mph, you will see a large drop in mileage. 60 mph is preferred (even mentions not to go above 60 for good mileage in the hybrid manual).
Old 03-01-15, 09:54 PM
Steve9R
Driver School Candidate

I always use Fuelly.com to track all our vehicles..

Our little CT does :

Steve

Last edited by Steve9R; 03-01-15 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 03:02 PM
Pezlo
Driver

Im right around 36-38
Old 03-18-15, 03:22 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Talking Amazing difference!

It's truly amazing how much fuel economy can vary in these cars. The most profound variables include length of trip, driving style, outside temperature and type of roadway/speed. My last tank was an incredible 55 mpg. I drove 430 miles and attribute the exceptional fuel economy to optimizing the four variables previously mentioned. I have really been enjoying my CT200h lately!

StillLine CT200h MPG 03.18.2015
Old 07-20-15, 04:37 PM
max1c
Driver School Candidate

It's truly amazing how much fuel economy can vary in these cars. The most profound variables include length of trip, driving style, outside temperature and type of roadway/speed. My last tank was an incredible 55 mpg. I drove 430 miles and attribute the exceptional fuel economy to optimizing the four variables previously mentioned. I have really been enjoying my CT200h lately!

StillLine CT200h MPG 03.18.2015

This doesn't make any sense. CT 200h has 12 gallon tank. How could you have possibly gotten 55 mpg and driven only 430 miles? You either must have gone 650 miles at 55 mpg or 430 miles with 36 mpg. Am I missing something?

Last edited by max1c; 07-20-15 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-20-15, 06:29 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by max1c
This doesn't make any sense. CT 200h has 12 gallon tank. How could you have possibly gotten 55 mpg and driven only 430 miles? You either must have gone 650 miles at 55 mpg or 430 miles with 36 mpg. Am I missing something?

It makes sense. Look at the image. He still had slightly less than 1/4 tank left when he filled up and added 7.83 gallons.

BTW, I have no problem inserting Fuelly links in my signature.

Here's a jpg of how my signature is setup.
Attached Thumbnails Real World MPG???-image.jpg  

Last edited by FLYCT; 07-20-15 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-20-15, 06:49 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Default Simple math.

I'm not sure why you don't understand simple mathematics. Please divide the number of miles driven by the number of gallons used to obtain the miles per gallon (MPG).
Old 07-20-15, 07:36 PM
max1c
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure why you don't understand simple mathematics. Please divide the number of miles driven by the number of gallons used to obtain the miles per gallon (MPG).
Old 07-20-15, 08:17 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Default No problem

Ok makes sense now. I did not see that you only used up 7.83 gallons. Thanks for the clarification.
No problem. What kind of MPG are you getting? Mine varies widely based on the environment in which I drive for each tank.

Old 07-20-15, 10:08 PM
kpham
Driver School Candidate

i have been averaging 43-45mpg 50/50 city highway and that is in san diego with bad california gas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Real World MPG???