CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What bugs you the most about your CT?

Old 03-05-11, 10:29 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bugs you the most about your CT?

My biggest gripe is the location of the USB port. Why put it in the middle of the console? I have a dedicated iPod I use exclusively in the car. I hate having wires laying around or the thought of my iPod sitting out in plain sight all the time.

It took about 2 hours, a Dremel with a flexible extension, my daughter's help, and a moderately bloody pinky, but I was finally able to rout an Apple USB cable from the port to the inside of the cubby. Of course, I had to "re-engineer" the cable to make it lower profile so the cover over the ports would still close.

I imagine their thought was that you'd be using your phone in the provided device holder, so you'd want the port near that. However, I don't really see myself needing to charge my iPhone while I'm driving, and if I did, my iPod would already be using the USB port, so charging would have to be done through the 12V outlet.
Old 03-06-11, 05:57 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Can't please all the people all the time

Originally Posted by dgstan
My biggest gripe is the location of the USB port. Why put it in the middle of the console? I have a dedicated iPod I use exclusively in the car. I hate having wires laying around or the thought of my iPod sitting out in plain sight all the time.

It took about 2 hours, a Dremel with a flexible extension, my daughter's help, and a moderately bloody pinky, but I was finally able to rout an Apple USB cable from the port to the inside of the cubby. Of course, I had to "re-engineer" the cable to make it lower profile so the cover over the ports would still close.

I imagine their thought was that you'd be using your phone in the provided device holder, so you'd want the port near that. However, I don't really see myself needing to charge my iPhone while I'm driving, and if I did, my iPod would already be using the USB port, so charging would have to be done through the 12V outlet.
One of the biggest gripes with folks driving the RX series (mine is the RX 450h) was the location of the USB port deep in the console.
They said it wasn't convenient enough. For me the problem was solved with an expensive USB extension cord available at Wall Mart. Many wanted it located exactly where yours is. But clearly you don't like it there.

Curious, what is your 'Hybrid' portion of warranty. It appears that it dropped from what it is on mine.
Old 03-06-11, 08:11 AM
JM011
Driver School Candidate

I was told it was 8yrs / 100k miles. My vehicle hasn't been delivered yet so I haven't seen the actual warranty terms.
Old 03-06-11, 06:49 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JM011
I was told it was 8yrs / 100k miles. My vehicle hasn't been delivered yet so I haven't seen the actual warranty terms.
That's what ours is but the online data at Lexus.com doesn't verify that for yours. Odd.
Old 03-06-11, 10:19 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think it is missing because it is such a new page on the Lexus website. In Cali, the hybrid powertrain is required to be at least 8 years/100,000K
Old 03-07-11, 10:56 AM
LACAUSA
Driver School Candidate

Not much bugs me about the car so far. Only three days into the ownership.
Performance is as expected with better MPG. Consider I traded in a High performing auto (Mercedes E550 Coupe). Just gotta let go of the ego and testosterone. Really, this is a nice car.

One thing: No rear cup holders or Aux outlets. The kids can get messy and bored... lol
Old 03-07-11, 03:52 PM
QuentinB
Driver

Originally Posted by LACAUSA
Not much bugs me about the car so far. Only three days into the ownership.
Performance is as expected with better MPG. Consider I traded in a High performing auto (Mercedes E550 Coupe). Just gotta let go of the ego and testosterone. Really, this is a nice car.

One thing: No rear cup holders or Aux outlets. The kids can get messy and bored... lol
Nothing that some slightly used iPads won't take care of.

Can't help with the cupholders. haha. That is definitely an oversight.
Old 03-07-11, 05:26 PM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by LACAUSA
I found a wide-based single cupholder at Pep Boys. I put velcro on the bottom of it and it sticks pretty well to the little hump directly behind the center console. Should be good enough for my one girl.

I would link to it, but their website is a mess.
Old 03-08-11, 12:03 AM
jomabu1
Driver School Candidate

Head light and wiper stalks aren't illuminated at night. Headlight stalk I can understand as it is set to Auto but can't believe wiper stalk isn't illuminated!
Old 03-08-11, 12:11 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

...what car has the wiper stalk illuminated? Its a simple design anyways, down 1 for intermittent, down another for faster, down another for faster. lol. twist up for intermittent rear, twist again for faster rear
Old 03-08-11, 09:02 AM
mm767cap
Driver

At first I was a little freaked out about the mileage, as I was getting 35mpg or so, and everyone else was posting low-mid 40s. Last night on the way home from the airport I really milked it and got 53, so I feel better now.

My only nits so far: The center arm console padding is too far back for me, so I find my right arm is resting on the hard plastic of the cupholders. I'm tall and sit WAYYYY back, so I imagine its worse for folks that sit closer.

The high pitched squeal of the regen braking makes me feel like a dog listening to one of those whistles, but cranking the stereo seems to help there.

Other than that, I'm completely in love with the car. I miss my IS-F, but I've found that its just as fun to try to eek out some great gas mileage as to wind through 8 gears as fast as possible. Well.... almost as fun.
Old 03-08-11, 09:36 AM
Bob259
Driver

Don't be upset with your mileage too soon. It takes about 5K miles for the Synergy drive to really hit it's peak and break in. We've had 3 Hybrids now and this will be our 4th and per the dealer they all take about 5k to break in.
Old 03-08-11, 10:19 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jomabu1
Head light and wiper stalks aren't illuminated at night. Headlight stalk I can understand as it is set to Auto but can't believe wiper stalk isn't illuminated!
Are you serious? How can one get confused/not find them at night?
Old 03-08-11, 11:20 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by Bob259
Don't be upset with your mileage too soon. It takes about 5K miles for the Synergy drive to really hit it's peak and break in. We've had 3 Hybrids now and this will be our 4th and per the dealer they all take about 5k to break in.
Oh good! Thanks for the info Bob. I hadn't heard that before.
Old 03-08-11, 01:35 PM
jomabu1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimmyc13
Are you serious? How can one get confused/not find them at night?
The initial issue I had was making minor adjustments of the intermittent feature at night when there was variable intermittent rain/drizzle. The rx330 had auto wipers which spoiled me. Being sick and short on sleep I found myself making the adjustment in the wrong direction several times. Yes a quibble and yes minor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What bugs you the most about your CT?