CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

What bugs you the most about your CT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 01:23 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnS
Why won't the RHD model fit? It looks to be the same size and shape.
I noticed it in my first test drive. I just ordered my CT so it will be awhile before it arrives so I hope to get this piece for it.

Thanks, John
Hi John,

It's tough to tell by the pictures, but it does look like it slopes a little bit, particularly at the front. My guess is that it won't fit, reasoning being that it is listed as a RHD part from what I understand. If it fit either direction, they wouldn't have specified which side it goes on. I've been pretty vocal about my concern here to Lexus. Hopefully they listen and make the part available for LHD!
Old 04-01-11, 05:01 PM
JohnS
Driver

I certainly hope they make it available. Since I just ordered my car it will be 8-16 weeks so I have time.
I did notice the hard surface as my elbow/forearm hit it immediately and I am 5'9"
Old 04-02-11, 12:59 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish the navigation system told you which side of the street your destination was on on a more consistent basis. It does get annoying.

Plus the iPod interface leaves much to be desired. I wish the little screen that pops down from the top w/ the audio source would also display the track name instead of just track x, time: xx:xx.

Matt
Old 04-02-11, 01:00 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Any word on if Lexus is going to make an accessory rear cupholder?
Old 04-02-11, 01:21 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't heard of any plans yet. I do expect some aftermarket ones, hopefully in the near future. Haven't had the need to transport any passengers in the back yet.

Matt
Old 04-02-11, 06:59 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
Any word on if Lexus is going to make an accessory rear cupholder?
Drink or eat in my car.....
Old 04-02-11, 11:40 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

One thing I'm noticing...

The driver/passenger front doors, its easy for people to scuff up the lower door skin when getting in/out of the car.
Old 04-05-11, 10:39 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Was the isf high maintance? Thinking of an isf or is350 ? 250 did not give me the punch i need but great on gas is350 reminded me when i bought my rare o3 mustang mach1 305hp so i liked the is350 but i never got to drive an isf yet

Originally Posted by mm767cap
At first I was a little freaked out about the mileage, as I was getting 35mpg or so, and everyone else was posting low-mid 40s. Last night on the way home from the airport I really milked it and got 53, so I feel better now.

My only nits so far: The center arm console padding is too far back for me, so I find my right arm is resting on the hard plastic of the cupholders. I'm tall and sit WAYYYY back, so I imagine its worse for folks that sit closer.

The high pitched squeal of the regen braking makes me feel like a dog listening to one of those whistles, but cranking the stereo seems to help there.

Other than that, I'm completely in love with the car. I miss my IS-F, but I've found that its just as fun to try to eek out some great gas mileage as to wind through 8 gears as fast as possible. Well.... almost as fun.
Old 04-12-11, 06:38 AM
LexCeeTee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kostamojen
One thing I'm noticing...

The driver/passenger front doors, its easy for people to scuff up the lower door skin when getting in/out of the car.
What car doesn't have that issue? That's more like a user error
Old 04-12-11, 08:12 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by michaelisf
Was the isf high maintance? Thinking of an isf or is350 ? 250 did not give me the punch i need but great on gas is350 reminded me when i bought my rare o3 mustang mach1 305hp so i liked the is350 but i never got to drive an isf yet
Hi Michael,

The IS-F probably wasn't any higher maint. than an IS-350... except for brakes and tires. And those were VERY pricey.
Old 04-12-11, 04:38 PM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexCeeTee
What car doesn't have that issue? That's more like a user error
Usually its an over-time thing, with this car I saw cars that just came off the truck with scuff marks on the door skins already.
Old 04-12-11, 06:32 PM
myersport
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Annoyances:
1) On the Non Nav cars, the AC display is White on Black LCD, but the radio display is a Black on Green LCD. The IS's have a similar setup, and it reveals a lack of continuity.

2) Why are there 2 sunroof switches? Especially when they both control the same motions since our sunroofs open over the steel roof. There should be 1 switch. 1 press opens to vent, a second to open fully. Closing already requires two presses anyways.

3) Why is there a thread here on what annoys us most about our new cars, and not one about what we like the most?? Didn't we buy these because we like them? maybe I'm just a newb.

--dennis
Old 04-16-11, 10:21 AM
Wongbernz
Driver School Candidate

Hi, Good day!

I'd like to ask a question regarding the CT200h's tachometer. We recently bought a CT200h Basic here in the Philippines and we'd like to know how to customized the tachometer because we can't seem to customized the tachometer feature using the settings/display function of the car.

according to the manual, the tachometer is a customizable feature of the CT200h, but our local dealer told us that even they can't customized/add the tachometer feature although otherwise stated in the manual. We don't have the cruise control option here in the Philippines which is the only exception to having the tachometer feature. Any idea/s on how we can customized this function?

By the way, I have also tried using the "DISP" switch, scrolling on the instrument panel under SETTINGS > METERS > ( there should be TACHOMETER in there) but it only indicates EV INDICATOR, UNITS, KM/L L/KM.

thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-11, 11:46 AM
Kostamojen
Pole Position

I was curious about that tachometer customization too. From the wording in the manual, It doesn't really state the tach can be used with different modes, in fact I can't tell in the manual WHAT you are supposed to be able to do with the tach!
Old 04-16-11, 11:56 AM
dgstan
Rookie

Originally Posted by myersport
3) Why is there a thread here on what annoys us most about our new cars, and not one about what we like the most?? Didn't we buy these because we like them? maybe I'm just a newb.

--dennis
I created this thread at the same time as a "What do you love" thread. One took off while the other languished. Seems people love to bi*ch (myself included).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...t-your-ct.html

Quick Reply: What bugs you the most about your CT?