CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-12, 12:13 PM
KenBry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. CT premium
2. /no Nav
3. Tungsten Pearl
4. Options/Option Packages: Tinted windows, lighted door sill, fob glove
5. F-Sport? Nope
6. Planned mods? Louder Stereo and door bumpers.
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? I was considering; Merc C250, BMW 325, Prius, Scion FSR, Honda Accord. It replaced a 2004 Ford F-150. I really wanted a much better fuel eff. vehicle, the truck was killing me. The CT has the best styling in it's class. I would have bought an FSR if it fit me, the CT was my second choice.
Old 08-08-12, 11:12 AM
ShaolinAl
Driver School Candidate

1. CT Premium
2. Nav
3. Obsidian / Caramel Nuluxe
4. Illuminated door sills, HomeLink, auto-dimming rear view mirror.
5. No F-Sport
6. TBD on mods
7. No other cars considered. Adding to 2000 4Runner SR5.
Old 08-10-12, 04:01 PM
CT9ARS
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up my 2012 CT on 7/31/2012
1. CT premium
2. No Nav
3. Fire Agate Pearl/Caramel Nuluxe
4. No options just basic accessories
5. No F-Sport
6. Planned mods? Already put a JL 10" sub and Rockford Amp in. More mods to come but not for a while. Eventually coilovers, Work wheels, and lip kit.
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? I was also considering a Honda CR-Z, Infiniti G37 sedan, Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ, and Toyota Prius. I know all over the place but was going back and forth between sport, luxury, and fuel economy. I decided the CT was luxury enough for me and loving the gas mileage. I'm over fast cars.
I sold my 04' Evolution 8 RS for the CT. Previous cars included 2 Integras, and an SR powered 240.
Old 08-14-12, 06:11 PM
simoneb
Driver School Candidate

Default New CT200h

Driving a new CT200h 2012 Premium
Starfire Pearl / Ecru Nuluxe and trim
Navigation/moonroof/heated seats
Sport Package - no
Planned upgrades, tint all windows and moonroof
Love it! 245 miles and 45.1 MPG so far.

This replaced my 2005 Ford Escape. Literally I've escaped.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-photo.jpg  
Old 08-22-12, 12:38 PM
tk1971
Rookie

1. CT premium
2. no Nav
3. Matador Mica Red / Caramel
4. lighted door sills, heated seats, moonroof, mats, fob leather cover, no pkgs, just stuff tacked on
5. Non-Sport
6. no mods - tired of taking stuff off and selling when the car is traded in
7. Prius' - small, medium and large versions

I drive a lot of miles. I used to put about 40k miles a year on my cars. After I moved, I now put about 20k miles a year on my cars.

Since 2000, my cars were: IS300 (one of the first off the boat), WRX, EVO IX, then took over my wife's Forester XT. I had to replace the timing belt on that Forester and that was the last straw... I was done with turbos, 91 octane, and timing belts.

After that, I wanted a pure commuter car. Something so basic, inexpensive, reliable and easy to maintain, that it would give me a much needed automotive "Time-out" to figure out what I wanted next.

That car was a used 2008 Toyota Yaris 3 door hatchback with manual transmission, roll-down windows and manual door locks. Just like my first car (1981 Datsun 210 SL hatchback). The Yaris got 41 mpg and for almost 2 years, all I did to maintain it was rotate the tires and change the engine oil/filter. Very refreshing, considering the EVO IX had all sorts of oils to replace (tranny oil, center diff oil, rear diff oil, & engine oil).

A colleague bought a white CT last year. It looked sweet, but I didn't want to take a chance on a 1st year car again (the IS300 was an absolute nightmare).

Got stuck in traffic the other day in my Yaris and my hip was killing me for 18 hrs. Getting too old for a manual tranny commuter car. The wife recently got the new Prius C, so I got "new-car-itus" and started looking into the CT. My criteria was that any new car I get has to be an auto, and get the same MPG as the Yaris or better. Luxury would be a plus, and it has to look good.

The CT was on the top of the list, but I had to appease my practical side and went to test drive the regular Prius. Good thing I hated it.

I'm hoping this car will redeem the Lexus brand for me after the IS300, which made me run away from Lexus for a decade.
Old 08-25-12, 11:29 AM
Viffermike
Driver School Candidate

Default On its way:

1. 2012 CT Premium
2. Nav
3. Obsidian/Caramel
4. Premium Audio & Nav (F Sport sway bar kit & third-party Llumar CTX 30% tint installed before delivery)
5. Nope, but F Sport sway bar kit installed (FYI: F Sport springs are now unavailable from Lexus; my guess is that's because of impending 2013 suspension tweaks)
6. Lightweight 17x7.5 or 17x8 wheels (stockers are @ 26 lbs each; mine will be @ 17. Still deciding on which ones), mild TBD lowering springs, Injen intake (or similar), upgraded lighting. Possible: F Sport grills & body-color front grille trim, upgraded stereo (amp w/ aftermarket DSP to retain stock functionality, possibly speakers).
7. Hyundai Veloster Turbo (didn't fit: I'm 6-4), Honda CR-Z (waited for 9 months for an ordered one that never came b/c of tsunami/Thailand flooding), MINI Cooper (had a mildly modded '06 & loved it, but I don't like the newer models nearly as much).

I like the idea of a murdered-out CT, hehe ...
Old 09-14-12, 12:14 AM
intheOC
Driver School Candidate

1. Premium
2. Yes Nav
3. Black/Black
4. Upgraded Audio Package / LED lights Package/ Limo Tint all around
5. Not F-Sport
6. Upgrade to F-Sport Trident Rims
7. Didn't consider much else. Was recommended by a friend who knows me and knows cars well, and it fit perfectly as I wanted something really nice to drive in, that I thought looked good, and had great gas mileage as I drive a lot.
Old 09-17-12, 05:14 PM
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate

1. Premium
2. No NAV (not because I didn't want it - because they couldn't get it in my preferred color combo!)
3, Fire Agate Pearl/Carmel
4. Upgraded audio, Tint, Hand painted Body stripe, illuminated door sills, heated seats, moonroof, all weather mats and cargo tray, Home Link, auto-dimming rear view mirror. back up camera display
5. No F-sport
6. Possible shark tail antenna
Old 09-19-12, 05:00 AM
Radiotube
Driver School Candidate

1. 2011 premium
2. Nav
3. Starfire Pearl/Caramel Nuluxe
4. heated seats, moonroof, upgraded floor and cargo mats, auto-dimming/Homelink rear view mirror, backup camera
5. no F-sport
6. Planned mods may include LED upgrades on most easily accessible lighting inside and out. Perhaps a darker tint and I may add an amateur radio installation in the cargo area with a remote head to the provided universal phone holder built into the console so no holes need to be drilled. (ham radio callsign is N5PRE)
7. I was considering a Suburu BRZ, but didn't want to wait forever for one. Also considered on the other extreme, a Prius, but I hated the look and didn't think it would be all that fast when I wanted it. I think I bought something in between with the CT, which makes me happy. I traded in a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with all the bells and whistles. I will miss two things from the Ford: adaptive cruise control via radar (which was an option on the CT, but mine didn't have it) and the blind spot indicator. I'm getting double the gas mileage I was getting with the Ford, so I'm very happy.
Old 09-21-12, 05:51 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

1. CT base
2. no Nav
3. Starfire Pearl/Black
4. Options: premium audio w/backup cam, remote start, illuminated door sills,
5. F-Sport? NO
6. Planned mods? no, it's a 2 year lease.
7. What did this replace or add to? traded in a 2010 Chevy Equinox which has many problems
What other cars were you considering? Buick Lacrosse, Prius, RX

Had it 3 weeks and first impressions are that I miss the more digital displays the Equinox has. Without the nav screen this Lexus looks like an almost 90's dash.

I don't like the ingress/egress. It reminds me of my old Corvette. The steering wheel needs more vertical adjustment.

Otherwise this a great vehicle, I can't wait though until the CT300h comes out!!!One reason I elected to go with only a 2 yr lease.

Update: I swapped the CT for an 2013 RX350. Egress too difficult for me and my wife hated it. I still think it's a great car but not for me. Too small.

Last edited by rogerh00; 10-11-12 at 08:21 AM. Reason: traded in
Old 09-22-12, 11:27 PM
smanzanoRN
Driver School Candidate

1. Premium
2. Navi
3. Star fire pearl with black interior, storm trooper
4. Premium sound
5. F-sport yesssss
6. This is why im here I need some ideas! What can I improve on the car?
7. replaced my german car c230 coupe

Hey every one just want to introduce myself, Just got my car today with 112 miles on it and its perfect, just what I wanted. So for future plans what can I can I change to make it more personal. Looking for the smallest changes such as lights then will move onto the wheels and suspension
Old 09-25-12, 03:27 AM
higeki
Driver School Candidate

Hello!

I plan to pick up a CT200h soon. I drove one in Japan and I loved it.
I hope the U.S. version is identical (other than the steering wheel being on the other side)
I came here to learn more about the car.
Old 09-25-12, 06:31 PM
mikelips
Driver School Candidate

CT official ROLLCALL thread!
We have these when a new model debuts and the response is usually pretty good. Please post your new car, pics would be great too.

Just tell us some basics!
1. CT Premium
2. Nav
3. Silver
4. I dont have the glowing door sills.
5. F-sport. NO
6. Planned mods? I want to get that cold air intake from INJEN.
7. What other cars were you considering? What did this replace or add to? I had a 02 gs300 that was immaculate. But i needed something newer and got better gas mileage. This car was it from the first time I drove it.
Old 10-01-12, 06:03 PM
Yvetteski
Driver School Candidate

Default New addition to the family!

2012 Premium
no nav
Matador Red/ecru
no options- I really wanted the leather, but didn't want the other options tied to the leather package. I would have liked a compass too, but neither was a deal breaker.
no F-sport
Window tinting,winter mats, and some door and fender protection is in store
I've been all over the map with this decision- I test drove the '11 over a year ago! ... But I looked at Prius V, RAV4, Subaru Impreza, Hundai Sonata hybrid, Audi 3, Acura ILX... my husband even nudged me to test drive the Fusion hybrid and Focus.

I've never had a luxury auto before-- Toyotas, Hondas, and one each of Chrysler, MG and Triumph. I hate that OCD I get with a brand new car, obsessing over every inch, poring over the manual... With this car that feeling is multiplied!

Yvette
Old 10-07-12, 08:29 PM
irkenme
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys I'm new to the Lexus forums and my CT is my 1st Lexus.

1. CT Premium
2. Nav
3. Starfire Pearl
4. Not sure
5. F-Sport
6. Tint, Wheel spacers
7. Was considering a Acura TL SH-AWD 6 Speed Manual, Infiniti G37S Coupe 6 Speed Manual, Infiniti G37S Sedan 6 Speed Manual. My CT replaced 2004 Honda S2000

-Kenneth

Last edited by irkenme; 10-07-12 at 11:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE