CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-15, 04:43 PM
almario
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by almario
im happy to be a member of this club.
oops, i got premium navigation 2015 lexus ct 200h
Old 10-15-15, 09:32 PM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Just picked up my 2015 today!!

1. CT base
2. no nav
3. Pearl White with Tan Interior
4. Options or Option Packages: Back-up Cam
5. F-Sport - No
6. Replaced interior with LED's, HID headlights and LED Fogs planned
7. What other cars were you considering? Toyota 4Runner, Hyundai Sonata Limited Hybrid
7a. What did this replace or add to? Nissan Pathfinder SE-V8

Last edited by DreamerzCC; 10-26-15 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-25-15, 05:32 PM
yunito12
Rookie

2015 CT200 BASE WITH REAR VIEW CAMERA
SILVER
Old 11-12-15, 07:51 PM
Trleo19
Driver School Candidate

Default Just got mine today!

[QUOTE=Welcome to CL;8389502]Members,

When you get your CT, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

Anyone selling the media device holder? Inbox me please!

1.Premium
2. Nav
3. Ultra White
4. Comfort Package
5. F-Sport
Old 11-28-15, 10:14 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Hello all.....

Just added a 2012 CT200h to our stable. Currently own a 2008 LS460 and just bought this CT for my wife:

1. Premium
2. No nav
3. Fire Agate Pearl with Black leather interior
4. No major mods planned except for LED lighting and other minor things
5. We considered the Mazda 3 hatch and Hyundai Elantra hatch

Last edited by Trexus; 11-28-15 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-01-15, 09:12 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Further to my post above, here's a few pics of the new ride....

Old 12-01-15, 09:20 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Don't own a CT, but Roadfrog is a companion of mine, an incredible, remarkable contributor in the 4th Gen LS neck of the woods and all around great guy!
You've gained a gem here everyone!
Congrats on the pick up Chris! Im sure your wife was ecstatic to rid herself of the X5 (though visually a great looking vehicle)!
Couldn't be more happy for you!
Old 12-06-15, 11:04 PM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

I've had my 2012 Nebula Gray Pearl F-Sport Special Edition for almost 2 months now.

1. Premium
2. Navi
3. Nebula Gray Pearl w/Ocean Blue NuLuxe seats
4. Special edition hatchback comes packing all the features included in the optional F Sport package – revised body kit, 17-inch Liquid Silver alloy wheels, metal front scuff plates, perforated leather steering wheel, leather shift ****, aluminum pedals, optional perforated leather seats, metallic dash bits and a re-tuned suspension, black F Sport floor mats with blue contrast stitching.
5. F-Sport SE 1 of 900; 1 of 300 in Nebula Gray
6. Ceramic tint, paint correction & Optimum Gloss-Coat body & wheels, different tires after the Michelins wear out (ROUGH!).
7. Officially replaced at 2004 BMW 530i SMG and a 2015 Passat SE TDI w/navi. I bought the Passat because I wanted a Jetta diesel Sportwagen 6-spd manual w/navi & panoramic sunroof. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted it, so I bought the Passat, only to discover I didn't want another sedan. I came across my CT200h just before my 35th birthday and bought it as a present to myself in the middle of October and haven't looked back. Because of the 'Dieselgate' issue w/VW and dealers NOT being allowed to sell new TDIs, I was able to get out of my Passat without losing a cent (whew!). I miss the power & torque of a diesel, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my Lexus will be infinitely more reliable. Once I sell my E60 BMW, that will mark the first time since in 12 years I haven't owned a German car of some type.

**MY PLAN** is to drive my CT until at LEAST 100k (26k when I bought it, 28.5k now) and eventually replace it with a new Golf Sportwagen TDI 6spd manual w/navi pano roof. The ONLY way that will change is if by some miracle VWOA decides to release a 4-motion version in North America, which means I would order a new one immediately.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-4.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-10.2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-10.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20151017_134329.jpg  

Old 12-08-15, 08:53 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Don't own a CT, but Roadfrog is a companion of mine, an incredible, remarkable contributor in the 4th Gen LS neck of the woods and all around great guy!
You've gained a gem here everyone!
Congrats on the pick up Chris! Im sure your wife was ecstatic to rid herself of the X5 (though visually a great looking vehicle)!
Couldn't be more happy for you!
Wow! Thanks Crowe......

before my 35th birthday and bought it as a present to myself in the middle of October and haven't looked back. Because of the 'Dieselgate' issue w/VW and dealers NOT being allowed to sell new TDIs, I was able to get out of my Passat without losing a cent (whew!). I miss the power & torque of a diesel, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my Lexus will be infinitely more reliable. Once I sell my E60 BMW, that will mark the first time since in 12 years I haven't owned a German car of some type.
Congrats on your acquisition. Nice color too.

Like you, we rid ourselves of any German marques. I got out of my E65 BMW and got an LS460. Then, we got rid of our E53 and bought this CT200. I highly doubt I will EVER own a German car ever again....especially a BMW. So unreliable and way too much drama.
Old 12-08-15, 09:24 AM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Congrats on your acquisition. Nice color too.

Like you, we rid ourselves of any German marques. I got out of my E65 BMW and got an LS460. Then, we got rid of our E53 and bought this CT200. I highly doubt I will EVER own a German car ever again....especially a BMW. So unreliable and way too much drama.
I can't go that far. I'll always be a German car enthusiast. The fun factor, driving experience, etc. I bought a 2003 Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor 6spd manual w/23k yesterday in anticipation of having a Spring toy. Last year was a '01 Audi TTq roadster.
Old 12-08-15, 10:47 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTFSportSE
I can't go that far. I'll always be a German car enthusiast. The fun factor, driving experience, etc. I bought a 2003 Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor 6spd manual w/23k yesterday in anticipation of having a Spring toy. Last year was a '01 Audi TTq roadster.
LOL. I understand. It's easy to be a German car enthusiast....they truly are a "driver's car", but the enthusiasm wanes when the car lets you down at every turn. I mean when the flagship of their fleet (7 series) blows clouds of blue smoke at 50k miles (just outside of warranty of course), and the dreaded coolant pipe that fails, requiring removal of the engine etc to replace it because it's buried inside the engine (to the tune of 8k dollars to replace a 30 dollar part). transmission seals, oil leaks, electrical glitches.......sigh. I've said it before......owning a BMW is like "being married to a sex-starved, super model, with a 500 dollar a day cocaine habit". Too much drama. It's fun at first, but......

Our X5 was marginally more reliable....MARGINALLY.

BMW (and VW, MB, Audi) should be embarrassed. What happened??
Old 12-08-15, 10:57 PM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

I've said it before......owning a BMW is like "being married to a sex-starved, super model, with a 500 dollar a day cocaine habit". Too much drama. It's fun at first, but......
Perfect analogy!

I always keep LOW mileage German cars for that very reason. LOL Honestly, if the 335d had better reviews, I would be driving a fully loaded 2009 that I came across w/27k - but the reviews scared the crap out of me and coming out of an E60 with 45k and a SMG transmission that's due for massive issues in another 5k or so, I opted for something PURELY reliable and extremely fuel-efficient and am very pleased. It took me about 3 weeks to fall 'into' driving my CT. Because fuel mileage is one of the main reasons I purchased it, I drove on 'eco' mode almost exclusively, unless I'm pulling out of a busy intersection or climbing a massive hill. I've turned hyper-miling into a game and when I switch back into my BMW, it definitely feels 'dated' and heavy.
Old 12-09-15, 08:02 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Perfect analogy!

I always keep LOW mileage German cars for that very reason. LOL Honestly, if the 335d had better reviews, I would be driving a fully loaded 2009 that I came across w/27k - but the reviews scared the crap out of me and coming out of an E60 with 45k and a SMG transmission that's due for massive issues in another 5k or so, I opted for something PURELY reliable and extremely fuel-efficient and am very pleased. It took me about 3 weeks to fall 'into' driving my CT. Because fuel mileage is one of the main reasons I purchased it, I drove on 'eco' mode almost exclusively, unless I'm pulling out of a busy intersection or climbing a massive hill. I've turned hyper-miling into a game and when I switch back into my BMW, it definitely feels 'dated' and heavy.
The 7 series I owned spoiled me for large luxury cars. I just couldn't maintain the excitement however, due to the constant issues. That's what brought me to Lexus. They were the only game in town that combined luxury with reliability. That's how I ended up in my LS460. The LS gave up little over the E65, other than handling.....and even that isn't much different. Once we bought the LS, it was only a matter of time before we also rid ourselves of the E53 and bought the CT. I would only drive a BMW if it were leased and that way, getting into a newer BMW every couple of years or so.

You mention only buying a low mileage BMW. My 7 series was low mileage when I bought it, but that didn't help me. As said, it was burning oil badly at 50k miles (as were pretty much everyone else's on Bimmerfest). Bad valve guides were the culprit. Shorty after, the coolant pipe went bad, and also the carbon build up in the engine passages caused SES codes in the air pump, resulting in everyone failing pollution control testing. The only fix was to de-carbon the engine.....to the tune of 8-12k dollars!

Anyway, life is good on my LS. She has nearly 100k miles and has so far needed a battery, two mufflers, and a water pump. Total cost......550 bucks!
Old 12-09-15, 08:15 AM
CTFSportSE
Rookie

The 7 series I owned spoiled me for large luxury cars. I just couldn't maintain the excitement however, due to the constant issues. That's what brought me to Lexus. They were the only game in town that combined luxury with reliability. That's how I ended up in my LS460. The LS gave up little over the E65, other than handling.....and even that isn't much different. Once we bought the LS, it was only a matter of time before we also rid ourselves of the E53 and bought the CT. I would only drive a BMW if it were leased and that way, getting into a newer BMW every couple of years or so.

You mention only buying a low mileage BMW. My 7 series was low mileage when I bought it, but that didn't help me. As said, it was burning oil badly at 50k miles (as were pretty much everyone else's on Bimmerfest). Bad valve guides were the culprit. Shorty after, the coolant pipe went bad, and also the carbon build up in the engine passages caused SES codes in the air pump, resulting in everyone failing pollution control testing. The only fix was to de-carbon the engine.....to the tune of 8-12k dollars!

Anyway, life is good on my LS. She has nearly 100k miles and has so far needed a battery, two mufflers, and a water pump. Total cost......550 bucks!
Was it a 745i by chance? When I bought my 530i, it had 24k on the odometer and after much searching, I had also found a 2005 545i /17k (not as loaded). After just a few minutes of research on that engine, I decided to stick with the inline 6-cylinder.
Old 12-09-15, 09:12 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Was it a 745i by chance? When I bought my 530i, it had 24k on the odometer and after much searching, I had also found a 2005 545i /17k (not as loaded). After just a few minutes of research on that engine, I decided to stick with the inline 6-cylinder.
Yep....fully loaded 745i. 4.4 V8

Funny thing is, the X5 also has the 4.4, but hasn't had the same issues as the 7 did. It had issues though, just not as severe. Didn't burn oil, no coolant pipe issues or carbon problems, but it leaked oil like the Exxon Valdez, no matter how many times I replaced gaskets and seals..... and the cooling system is very fragile. Check engine light was always going off, most recently for the evaporitive emissions canister.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! CT200h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE