CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

Another CT bonus the media is missing. Very low maintenance costs!

Old 03-09-11, 08:28 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to that. The event that got me to trade in my IS-F for the CT200h was the fact that my 25k mileage car needed new front pads and the rotors were too thin to be machined. Dealership wanted $1500 for the fronts only.

Ummmm..... no.
Old 03-09-11, 03:20 PM
LACAUSA
Driver School Candidate

I had the same brake issue on the ES's I owned over the years. I drive over 30k miles a year and the translated into a brake service every year. Cranks up that cost of ownership number. I am hoping the CT does not continue in this veign.
Old 03-10-11, 09:09 AM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by LACAUSA
I had the same brake issue on the ES's I owned over the years. I drive over 30k miles a year and the translated into a brake service every year. Cranks up that cost of ownership number. I am hoping the CT does not continue in this veign.
REALLY?? Wow. That surprises me on the ES. That is a bit of a black eye for Lexus, and I mentioned that to my dealership. I had a BMW M3 that didn't need brakes for the 50K miles I had it. For the IS-F to need them every 25K doesn't sit right with me. And for the ES to need them every 30K is, well, ridiculous. Hopefully the lighter CT will no have this issue.
Old 03-12-11, 06:49 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question

Is the Heads Up Display like the one they have on the RX available? I didnt see it on the options list.

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2...24/prices.html

Last edited by MC5Wes; 03-12-11 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-09-11, 12:33 PM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

Hello, I'm new here. Just my second post.

I really like this little thing. I havn't gone for a test drive yet as I was trying to wait till next summer to make a move. I fear if I drive it, I'll have to go ahead now!!

Any of you guys tall? I'm 6'3.5" and 235. I'm slightly afraid that I'll find getting in and out of a low car a challenge. I drive an 04' Trailblazer now with 124K on it. Its been a very reliable car and I'll miss it. It has a nice ride, hauling ability, and had very little trouble out of it. But it'll turn 8 on Nov 14th and I'm really tired of 18 MPG.

Also, whats all this service about? My car has seen the dealership once since it rolled off the lot and that was for a warranty replacement of the heater core due to a moldy smell developing. Aside from that I take it other places for oil changes. I change the air filter and I have someone whos done the front brakes at 95K (Still had 40% thickness left), and the fuel filter and plugs at 110K and the cooling fan clutch at 95K (cost me 300 to buy the part online OEM).

There is no other service been done and it runs great. Everytime I'm in for a oil change I ask em to check the belts and they say they are still fine.

Also, can I ask what the heck you guys do for a living? Yall talk about 35 to 40K like pocket change. I'm a mechanical engineer for a large sealing company and I'm hoping to squeeze one out for under 30K if possible and I think thats a lot. Do you all own Businesses, or are CEOs or something?
Old 11-09-11, 05:48 PM
mm767cap
Driver

Originally Posted by Rhizzlebop
Hello, I'm new here. Just my second post.

I really like this little thing. I havn't gone for a test drive yet as I was trying to wait till next summer to make a move. I fear if I drive it, I'll have to go ahead now!!

Any of you guys tall? I'm 6'3.5" and 235. I'm slightly afraid that I'll find getting in and out of a low car a challenge. I drive an 04' Trailblazer now with 124K on it. Its been a very reliable car and I'll miss it. It has a nice ride, hauling ability, and had very little trouble out of it. But it'll turn 8 on Nov 14th and I'm really tired of 18 MPG.

Also, whats all this service about? My car has seen the dealership once since it rolled off the lot and that was for a warranty replacement of the heater core due to a moldy smell developing. Aside from that I take it other places for oil changes. I change the air filter and I have someone whos done the front brakes at 95K (Still had 40% thickness left), and the fuel filter and plugs at 110K and the cooling fan clutch at 95K (cost me 300 to buy the part online OEM).

There is no other service been done and it runs great. Everytime I'm in for a oil change I ask em to check the belts and they say they are still fine.

Also, can I ask what the heck you guys do for a living? Yall talk about 35 to 40K like pocket change. I'm a mechanical engineer for a large sealing company and I'm hoping to squeeze one out for under 30K if possible and I think thats a lot. Do you all own Businesses, or are CEOs or something?
Howdy and welcome. I'm 6'5" and about 235 and have no trouble fitting into the CT at all. Granted, my seat is pretty far back, and I tend to drive in a fairly reclined position, but I've done a 14 hour road trip in this car a couple of times and had no issues at all with comfort. In fact, it's a great place to spend time.

As far as maintenance goes, I'm sure you could get by without doing all the Lexus recommends, though I don't know what this does to your warranty. I doubt anyone has had it long enough yet to get a good feel for long term reliability.

I'm a Captain at a major airline. This USED to be a high paying job, but I've lost about 50% of my income and my pension since 9/11. These days, $35k for a new car doesn't sound that high to me. Heck, an Accord with all the bells and whistles is going to be north of $30k. I came from an IS-F, so the CT seems positively inexpensive!
Old 11-09-11, 07:33 PM
Rhizzlebop
Driver School Candidate

767cap, thanks for the honest reply. I think if I were losing half my pay rate then 35K would be a living nightmare for a car. Of course if Nick Saban lost half his pay rate he could still buy a fleet of every lexus, porsche, and benz they make, each year. So its all relative I guess.

I'm gonna give one a drive and see how it fits my frame. I still think I'll be haggling to get close to 30K and selling my carr for 8-10K hopefully. Thats why I have to love it to make tthe move. I'll prob own it for 10 years.
Old 11-10-11, 03:29 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

Low Maintenance? Geez no wonder the dealer was more than happy to include all scheduled maintenance for the car for the up to and including the 25k service. What do you think that is all worth? Sounds like if there is little/no maintenance required I will only get of oil changes out of that deal. Unless Lexus is like BMW and charges $120 per synthetic oil change.
Old 11-10-11, 09:47 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jngjng
Low Maintenance? Geez no wonder the dealer was more than happy to include all scheduled maintenance for the car for the up to and including the 25k service. What do you think that is all worth? Sounds like if there is little/no maintenance required I will only get of oil changes out of that deal. Unless Lexus is like BMW and charges $120 per synthetic oil change.
Yup, it's about $119.XX for the 10K service (the changed the oil & rotated the tires) (mine was included, but I asked for the invoice for the real costs to see what was involved).
Old 11-12-11, 02:18 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dgstan
I've gone 150K miles on my 2005 Prius and still have the original pads front and rear.
Nice. You definitely save money on brake pads. I've seen people buy brand new brakes within three months time...man that must suck if you're constantly changing pads...