CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

CT200H and Toyota Matrix

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 08:40 AM
Bob259
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT200H and Toyota Matrix

I'm real interested in the CT and am on a waiting list at two dealers to try one as soon as they arrive. So being bored and excited about the possibility of a new vehicle I was just playing around today to see what other Toyota product shared the 102.4 WB listed for the CT and to my surprise it's the Matrix. If you overlay the two they are almost look alikes, except for the CT being a little lower and more sporty.

I sure hope the CT has more to offer then the Matrix does. My excitement has gone to mild disappointment.
Old 01-23-11, 09:01 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Bob259
I'm real interested in the CT and am on a waiting list at two dealers to try one as soon as they arrive. So being bored and excited about the possibility of a new vehicle I was just playing around today to see what other Toyota product shared the 102.4 WB listed for the CT and to my surprise it's the Matrix. If you overlay the two they are almost look alikes, except for the CT being a little lower and more sporty.

I sure hope the CT has more to offer then the Matrix does. My excitement has gone to mild disappointment.
They are totally different cars, its not even close. The CT platform is not Matrix based at all.
Old 01-23-11, 09:25 AM
Bob259
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
They are totally different cars, its not even close. The CT platform is not Matrix based at all.
I sure hope your right... look at these photos, not sized to proportion, but gives you the idea. Makes me suspect when both have the same WB and suspension set up.

We know the interiors will be up to Lexus standards but I hope the chassis is as well.
Old 01-23-11, 09:35 AM
LexFather

Hey Bob well I drove it and it drives nothing like a Prius or Matrix. The CT is smaller so there is less cargo/interior room. The CT is very low to the ground and pretty responsive in sport mode.

I felt the interior was pretty well done considering the pricepoint. The CT rear seat is pretty dismal in regards to room.
Old 01-23-11, 11:39 AM
Bob259
Driver

Thanks 1SICKLEX. I was really hoping for the length of the cargo space to be close to the current Prius as I have some longer cases I carry going to matches and they fit in the wife's Prius. When I saw the CT and the Prius V wagon I was hoping they would be close in size. Guess I'll have to wait till the CT's arrive at the dealer and see for sure.
Old 01-25-11, 06:58 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob259

The CT and Matrix are nothing alike. The only thing they share is that they are Toyota products and they are 5 door hatchbacks. Thats it.

The CT is smaller than the Matrix and drives much better as well. Toyota practices the wheelbase sharing across many platforms so its no surprise.

In this picture below, you can clearly see the Matrix is taller than the CT:

Old 01-25-11, 05:30 PM
Aegee14
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
The CT and Matrix are nothing alike. The only thing they share is that they are Toyota products and they are 5 door hatchbacks. Thats it.

The CT is smaller than the Matrix and drives much better as well. Toyota practices the wheelbase sharing across many platforms so its no surprise.

In this picture below, you can clearly see the Matrix is taller than the CT:

Is it just me or does that CT not look like stock height (compared to all the press pictures online). Plus, it doesn't even have stock wheels.
Old 01-25-11, 05:59 PM
DaHundreds
Driver School Candidate

i love how the CT looks...looks sporty plus has that lexus touch to it.....I am also on the waiting list..
Old 01-25-11, 07:06 PM
movin_up
Driver

Originally Posted by Aegee14
Is it just me or does that CT not look like stock height (compared to all the press pictures online). Plus, it doesn't even have stock wheels.
That is an F Sport packaged car, with F Sport wheels. I have seen other pictures of a blue F Sport CT 200h that does seem to sit at the stock ride height, but the various pictures that I've seen of this white car leads me to believe that lowering springs will be an F Sport option.

Old 01-26-11, 02:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Here more behind the scene shots I took of the CT SEMA F-Sport Concept at the photoshoot:

This car is riding on a modified suspension and wheels. 17" versions of these wheels will be available as well as lowering springs as F-Sport Accessory offerings. USA only of course. This is not related to the Factory F-Sport CT in Ultrasonic Blue that debuted in Australia a few months back.