CT200h now in Hong Kong!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-11, 09:22 PM
yamanote
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT200h now in Hong Kong!

Hey all.

I received a call yesterday from the Lexus salesman who helped me with the purchase of my GS450h a few months ago. They are having a private preview of the CT in Hong Kong for current Lexus owners. I went over to their Wan Chai showroom and received the following information.

They will be offering 3 trim levels in Hong Kong: Luxury, Ultimate and F-Sport.

The Luxury model has the 'normal' bumper, manual retractable power mirrors and 16-inch rims. On the inside, the Luxury has basically no features at all- manual fabric seats and 6 speakers.

The Ultimate model adds a 'sport' bumper, fog lamps, moonroof, auto retractable mirrors and 17-inch wheels. On the interior there are: Rear Parking Monitor, Navigation system with Remote Touch, Bluetooth, rain sensor, cruise control, smart entry with card key, heated leather power driver's seat and electrochromatic mirror(s). The sound system gets an upgrade from 6 to 10 speakers.

The F-Sport model loses many of the tech features (nav, remote touch and Bluetooth) that is on the Ultimate model. It does have the 'sport' bumper, fog lamps, moonroof, auto retractable mirrors and 17-inch F-Sport wheels. On the interior, it keeps the Rear Parking Monitor system but it is displayed on a tiny screen in the rearview mirror. Cruise control, push start and the rain sensor are included. The heated leather power driver's seat is carried over, but only a 6-speaker sound system. Exclusive to the F-Sport CT200h are: Sports Front Grille, F-Sport Fender Mark, 17-inch F-Sport Aluminum Wheels, Aluminum Scuff Plates, F-Sport Badged Steering Wheel with Perforated Grip, Metal Accents, Black Upper Trim and Aluminum Pedals.

For safety, all feature 10 airbags, ABS, EBD, BA, TRC, and VSC.

Notable features they all have in common are LED head- and tail- lamps, LED Daytime Running Lights, headlamp washers, LEXUS Park Assist, 6-disc in dash CD changer and USB+AUX input.

Pre-order Pricing in Hong Kong Dollars
CT200h Luxury $364,860 ($329,922)
CT200h F-Sport $432,840 ($389,868)
CT200h Ultimate $455,550 ($409,785)

Delivery estimated to be in 3~4 months.

The Hong Kong Government's tax incentives of approx. HK$50,000 for environmentally-friendly petrol private vehicles have been deducted in the bracketed price.
All prices include First Registration Tax, 5 year/100,000km basic warranty and a 10 year Hybrid powertrain warranty.

Pictures:

Official Webpage [click]

My first impressions in post #3.
Cheers.

Last edited by yamanote; 01-08-11 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-07-11, 09:55 PM
LexFather

Thanks for the international update! Please share pics when you can.
Old 01-08-11, 01:58 AM
yamanote
Driver

I've edited the OP to reflect some additional information I received from the salesman and added pictures.

Unfortunately, I could only take 1 picture inside the showroom since the salesman started staring at me once I took my camera out. Sorry for that.

The second picture is of the demo car they have for test drives. The salesman told me that they were all booked for the day and the earliest available slot will be next week. I will probably not be test driving the CTh since I am pretty happy with my GSh I don't expect it'll be anywhere near as quick either.

Still: first impression was 'wow that's a small car'. Seated inside though, it seems quite roomy although back seat legroom was lacking. The trunk space was decent (in my eyes- ie, compared to my GSh's trunk, which is smaller than the glovebox). The overall fit and finish was excellent, as expected from Lexus.

If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by yamanote; 01-08-11 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-08-11, 01:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by yamanote
I've edited the OP to reflect some additional information I received from the salesman and added pictures.

Unfortunately, I could only take 1 picture inside the showroom since the salesman started staring at me once I took my camera out. Sorry for that.

The second picture is of the demo car they have for test drives. The salesman told me that they were all booked for the day and the earliest available slot will be next week. I will probably not be test driving the CTh since I am pretty happy with my GSh I don't expect it'll be anywhere near as quick either.

Still: first impression was 'wow that's a small car'. Seated inside though, it seems quite roomy although back seat legroom was lacking. The trunk space was decent (in my eyes- ie, compared to my GSh's trunk, which is smaller than the glovebox). The overall fit and finish was excellent, as expected from Lexus.

If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask.
I have a question, do the HK versions get paddle shifters like the JDM version?
Old 01-08-11, 02:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Here are the available features and colors for CT in HK.

The CT F-Sport goodies:

Exterior: (Note the different color names for HK)

Source
Old 01-08-11, 10:49 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 589 Likes on 407 Posts

I'm jealous of their paint options. I'd love to have either of those blues.
Old 01-08-11, 10:59 PM
808is3
Pole Position

can't wait till we get one in hawaii so i can finally see one in person... i jus don't know if i can go from a 6 cyl to a hybrid?!

maybe i should test drive the hs first to see if i like it(from a hybrid standpoint), i figure it should drive and feel similar?!
Old 01-09-11, 05:57 PM
yamanote
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
I have a question, do the HK versions get paddle shifters like the JDM version?
No, I don't think so. The F-Sport model only adds the F badging and some perforation to the steering wheel and no extra functions.

and thanks for posting the screenshots of the official webpage!

Last edited by yamanote; 01-09-11 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-09-11, 06:17 PM
LexFather

Overseas is getting a nice blue and some nice cloth color choices.
Old 01-09-11, 08:35 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 808is3
can't wait till we get one in hawaii so i can finally see one in person... i jus don't know if i can go from a 6 cyl to a hybrid?!

maybe i should test drive the hs first to see if i like it(from a hybrid standpoint), i figure it should drive and feel similar?!

Me too. I can't wait to see what the Servco pricing and options will be. The power is a concern for me as 0-60 in 9 seconds isn't very inspiring especially since I'm coming from a GS430, but double the gas mileage can sure make up for that IMHO.
Old 01-11-11, 09:02 AM
KBALL
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really looking forward to testing one of these to replace my '03 4runner.

Cars i'm considering
Lexus ct 200h
Acura tsx sport wagon
Mini Countrymen
VW Golf diesel
VW GTI
Old 01-24-11, 09:12 PM
movin_up
Driver

Paddle shifters? Everything I've read says that the CT has a CVT transmission so there's no real shifting. Is that different in other markets outside of the US?
Old 01-26-11, 02:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by movin_up
Paddle shifters? Everything I've read says that the CT has a CVT transmission so there's no real shifting. Is that different in other markets outside of the US?
Certain Asian market CT 200h get paddle shifters. We in North America and Europe don't get this feature.

All Lexus Hybrids (aside from CT and HS) have CVTs. There is a "Manual" mode for all current Lexus Hybrids. It basically simulates gearing without having actual gears...meaning the tranny will hold a certain RPM to give that sort of gear holding effect.
Old 01-26-11, 04:00 AM
movin_up
Driver

Ah, I see. Thanks!

The idea of owning a FWD and a hybrid is horrible to me, but I'm really liking the CT. Paddle shifters would at least make it a little more cool.
Old 02-03-11, 08:33 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It is sad to see the omission of a paddle shifter for the CT200H. I find the paddle shifter/manual control useful in traffic. Basically I use it every day.

IMO, it is really a mistake Lexus has made. While they market CT as a hybrid with great handling and sporty look, they just contradicts the formula without any manual control.

My feeling is if the car sells well, next year they will add the paddle shifter to it.

I hate to see this again..When I got the 06' IS, it was without the shark fin antenna while the JDM model of the same year already had it. Look what happened.. a year later, Lexua added the shark fin to the IS!

Quick Reply: CT200h now in Hong Kong!