Club Lexus Vendor Product Announcements The place to find new product information, photos and other announcements from Club Lexus' supporting vendors.

New CL Vendor Blue Moose Engineering - 2007-2012 ES350 Window Clip Fix

Old 08-15-16, 01:23 PM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Blue Moose Engineering - 2007-2012 ES350 Window Clip Fix

UPDATE: New product offerings - REMEMBER - Club Lexus members get 15% off of any kit but you have to PM or email me first!

I’m pleased to announce that I have some new product offerings including a new part, as well as some discounted packages for your convenience and peace-of-mind:
  • Now offering the REAR clip as well – This clip is shaped differently than the front. About 10% of customers need this clip so I designed one and have started manufacturing and stocking them
  • Two FRONT clip discount – repair both front windows and never worry about it again – 15% off!
  • FRONT and REAR clip package DISCOUNT – in case both clips break on the same window – 15% off
Note: 90% of the time only the front clip breaks. The rear clip does not typically break first. Occasionally, if the front clip breaks and the window is not repaired quickly enough, the added stress breaks the rear clip as well.

If you don’t see what you need here, or you want additional dealer/installer or multi-part discounts, send an email right to my phone: rich@bluemooseengineering.com

===========================================================================================================

Original Post:

I've been lurking here for a while, posting for a few weeks, and now I'm officially a vendor so I'd like to formally introduce myself to the CL community.

My name is Rich and I live in Ventura, CA. I have a background in Quality and Engineering, and mechanical design and fabrication. I have worked at a few glass and plastics manufacturers in Southern California over several years. Currently, I'm the Quality Manager at an industrial flat glass manufacturer. We specialize in glass machining and specialty flat glass parts for aerospace, scientific, medical, display, and lighting.

Outside of my day job, I'm operating as Blue Moose Engineering - designing, prototyping and machining.

My first product, and I guess the reason that I'm here, is this aluminum replacement window clip for the 2007-2012 (really just the 07 and 08) ES350.

For the uninitiated, the OEM clip is made out of plastic and breaks constantly. Eventually Lexus redesigned the clip so newer models don't suffer from this problem but there are still many cars that do.

Check out my first thread. It has a detailed write-up with lots of pictures explaining the problem and my solution: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-pictures.html

I know that this is still happening to a lot of cars, and most of them are outside of the warranty period now. If you can't get an OEM window at an affordable price, this is the best solution.

The cheap replacement glass doesn't appear to have redesigned clips and they are plastic anyway, so you may find yourself in the same situation again.

To me, Quality is creating a part and a solution that meets the needs and requirements of my customer. As far as I can tell this does all of that. It's affordable, let's you keep your OE glass, and is very easy to install.

If your window clip is broken I'm selling a complete repair kit that includes:
  • Aluminum replacement clip(s)
  • a tube of the 3M adhesive
  • two razor blades
  • two alcohol wipes
  • latex gloves
  • 10 pages of detailed instructions (mostly photos)

I'm offering a 15% discount to Club Lexus members. PM me and I'll send you a PayPal button.

This is a fairly new venture for me so I'm open to your feedback. I've recently redesigned the part to add some more strength to the base. I'm also shipping it in raw finish, instead of sandblasted. It looks much better this way.

I think this clip is a really great little product, but I know it has a life span. Eventually the majority of these cars will be fixed one way or another. With that in mind, I'm always looking for the next niche. If you have an idea for a part that you want or need, but just can't find, let's talk. You probably aren't the only one. Like many vendors I'm interested in doing free prototyping for volunteer cars.

Check out my thread and my updated website at http://www.bluemooseengineering.com

Also, check out the attached repair instructions with detailed door panel removal steps.

Thanks for reading,

Rich
Attached Files

Last edited by Blue Moose Engineering; 09-30-16 at 09:54 AM.