Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

4LS Exhaust Vents!

Old 07-19-16, 11:50 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I can research that. I was concerned it would become too loud, and not so LS elegant. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-20-16, 01:41 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
What do these look like? Please post some pictures of the exhaust vents that you have for sale....... Installed and off the exhaust.
They sound great! But....... I want to see what I would be purchasing.
Still no pics of the product for sale???
Old 07-20-16, 03:08 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

At the very least someone who has ordered and installed these should post a review up with lots of pictures.
Old 07-20-16, 05:28 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GR6RR
I thought it would've been a little louder. but over I'm satisfied with the purchase.
I wonder though, if the spacer was a little thicker, could it be a little louder? maybe I'll double stack one side and see how it sounds.
GR6RR - I'm going to experiment a bit more to see if it's easy enough to make louder. Stacking them will work, but that's where my cost is. If I were to include twice as many vents, the cost would have to increase. I would rather keep the price as is. But if you do double stack them, let us know what you find out.

But bear with me. Every support engineer I had 1 year ago is now laid off, er uh, let me say it the official way ... "restructured." I'm the only one left, for a reason though. That's 5 guys gone. Which makes me VERY busy. No complaints, but some whining. Between work, a son in gymnastics, and a son doing full time BMX (while I chief mechanic), I've got a lot on my plate.

I've also applied my exhaust vents to an IS this past weekend. And they worked. But it was stacking vents there too. And the IS is different enough anyway, that I need a redesign. I have an IS-F guy wanting my vents, but I do not want to send him something that will either be difficult or not work well. So I'm working on a redesign (when I can) for IS vehicles. Suffice it to say, I stay very busy.

But listen, if I find that I can make it louder, I will upgrade you to the louder vents FOR FREE. And then offer it for the LS in a couple options, mild and a little loud (or something like that).

Thanks for being a (reasonable and) valued customer. Your feedback is important to me.
Old 07-20-16, 08:54 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After taking the long way home yesterday from work, the sound is good. When I visit my Starbucks every morning I get compliments on my car almost every morning. This morning, I got a "that's real nice dude, realll nice." gave him the thumbs up. Then started my car and he took a double take, neck snap. Overall I like it. I don't think I want it any louder...

about not posting pictures and such, I think you should... if people want to go out their way and make this product... let them, We have enough proof you've been selling these before anyone else who would try. I'm no legal expert but, if one were to duplicate, copyright, and hit you with a lawsuit. you'll be alright.

Most folks will not spend $100 blindly. Show them the..mm..vents !
Old 07-20-16, 09:25 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GR6RR
After taking the long way home yesterday from work, the sound is good. When I visit my Starbucks every morning I get compliments on my car almost every morning. This morning, I got a "that's real nice dude, realll nice." gave him the thumbs up. Then started my car and he took a double take, neck snap. Overall I like it. I don't think I want it any louder...

about not posting pictures and such, I think you should... if people want to go out their way and make this product... let them, We have enough proof you've been selling these before anyone else who would try. I'm no legal expert but, if one were to duplicate, copyright, and hit you with a lawsuit. you'll be alright.

Most folks will not spend $100 blindly. Show them the..mm..vents !
Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoy them. I for one would like to see what I'm buying. Then again I'd also like to do business with someone that was more receptive to his customers. I can't think of another seller who refused to show you what you were buying or continued to ignore the requests or provide an explanation of why he won't do so. It goes to character, if he's this difficult before the sale what would it be like after he has your money???
Old 07-20-16, 12:37 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Default Pictures...

I'm going to try to get a picture of these TODAY after work. Based on the reasonable thinking of GR6RR.

I'm going to try. But I get crushed most days. My sons are out of town currently so I have some free time after work. To be honest, I don't have pictures, just what I've done to prepare these and get them ready for you CL guys and gals.

And, maybe I should ad this to my ad --> If any customer purchases these, and hates them, or think they're crap, I will refund 100% of the purchase price, once the original Vents are shipped back to me and received.

Dr. Jekyll - I'm trying hard not to let your comments offend me. It takes all types to make the world go round. Your type is no better or worse than my type. I'm not perfect. Maybe you're more skeptical than others. I'm not a bad guy, and have no bad intentions. But, maybe an analogy, me being an engineer, I'm sort of like a race horse (or maybe any horse) with the blinders on to keep him from being distracted. I have a perspective of what is important to me. I need to take my blinders off and put myself in the shoes of others, like you, and provide to you what is important to you.

I'm going to do it. I *may* have exposure to a picture studio. I'm going to see if I can use said studio to take some non-sucky pictures of the real live product. I don't like doing things half arsed, or even 0.9 arsed. I like to do it right. Although right now I've got a killer headache and my head is spinning, getting a bit nauseated. I'm going to take a handfull of pills and hope I feel like becoming a fashion photographer after work. And, I'm having to use my mole to sneak into that studio ... and I'm not certain my mole still has access.

P.S. - I did get a picture, but got home late and had to do yardwork. Maybe today I will get a picture posted.

Last edited by Oliver Enterprises; 07-21-16 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-21-16, 03:19 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Default A picture of the actual Exhaust Vents...

Here's the picture so many have been wanting.

This is what you will receive, plus instructions.

It does have OLIVER ENTERPRISES on the parts, it's just a bit difficult to see.
Old 07-21-16, 04:54 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

It looks like it is creates a small "exhaust leak" before the mufflers.

Nice. I'd also be interested in seeing how much more grunt you can get out of a thicker set.
Old 07-22-16, 01:08 AM
aaauae
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Here's the picture so many have been wanting.

This is what you will receive, plus instructions.

It does have OLIVER ENTERPRISES on the parts, it's just a bit difficult to see.
Thanks for the picture , mind telling what the black spacer in the middle is made off ?

Seems like its sponge or foam ...

Basically its like 2 exhaust gasket with longer bolts and some foam ?

Last edited by aaauae; 07-22-16 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-22-16, 05:19 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by aaauae
Thanks for the picture , mind telling what the black spacer in the middle is made off ?

Seems like its sponge or foam ...

Basically its like 2 exhaust gasket with longer bolts and some foam ?
The foam is "box packing" for shipping the vents....... Of course you can always re-use it to wash your car or collect enough of them to make a pillow.
Old 07-22-16, 08:29 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by litesoarer
It looks like it is creates a small "exhaust leak" before the mufflers.

Nice. I'd also be interested in seeing how much more grunt you can get out of a thicker set.
I was thinking the same thing, it might sound like an exhaust leak... I've had exhaust leaks on other cars unintended and this sounds nothing like that. It has some growl to it, rather than leaking air.

The original bolts are actually longer. I live in socal, so my bolts aren't rusted. I reused mine. Some in the rust areas, can get use out of the new bolts.

Thanks for posting the picture, you're always going to get feedback, rather it be good or bad. You just have to live with it. I like this mod, it was somewhat affordable and reverse-able for when I need to do my smog check every couple years..
Old 07-22-16, 08:48 AM
aaauae
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
The foam is "box packing" for shipping the vents....... Of course you can always re-use it to wash your car or collect enough of them to make a pillow.
Thank you for explaining .

Basically its a gasket which makes a leak in the exhaust system

120 for that , Super expensive i think
Old 07-22-16, 11:04 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

This is a more elegant version of the classic washer mod. I do like that you can direct where the leaking exhaust gas is aimed, and that they can be stacked for additional sound (like washers can). I have been watching your various threads and figured this is how you were accomplishing it, and also why you were so hesitant to post pictures; it is a very easily duplicated design.

Value vs price is always subjective. The market will let you know if it's fair or not. And for Smog guys I doubt most Smog techs will catch this, especially on lowered cars. Too quiet at idle and hard to spot.
Old 07-22-16, 11:57 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

I'm considering it but would like to see what double stacking would do for it.

I'm also a little apprehensive about adding weight back to the car (OE mufflers)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4LS Exhaust Vents!