Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Carista OBD adapter: customize your RC-F's settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-15, 03:29 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Carista OBD adapter: customize your RC-F's settings

Did you guys know that you can change your RC's LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) with a mobile app? That includes the "dealer-only" settings. The app is called Carista and you can get it on Google Play Store or Apple App Store.

Here's a sample list of what you can change on a customer's 2015 RC-F with Carista: http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...lexus_rcf_2015

And now the actual group buy: for a limited time, you can purchase the Carista OBD adapter hardware with a 15% discount: $34 (USD). The offer is available only for the US & Canada and only until Oct. 20; shipping is free to both countries.

Use this link to purchase: http://www.caristaapp.com/groupbuy/866761-2/

P.S.
You can find more information about our adapter here: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/
Old 10-19-15, 05:59 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm confused, which isn't hard, but outside of adjusting the "dealer only" features (which are free on our first service interval), what else does this do?

If it does more than just adjust the "dealer only" settings, I'd be interested, otherwise I'd likely pass as I don't forsee myself ever changing the features I pick out on my first service interval.

Let us know, as we all like gadgets that make our lives better.

Old 10-20-15, 04:59 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by toystry
I'm confused, which isn't hard, but outside of adjusting the "dealer only" features (which are free on our first service interval), what else does this do?

If it does more than just adjust the "dealer only" settings, I'd be interested, otherwise I'd likely pass as I don't forsee myself ever changing the features I pick out on my first service interval.

Let us know, as we all like gadgets that make our lives better.

At this point the two pieces of functionality that our app offers are:
- Personalization of "dealer-only" settings and other settings that are not even listed by the dealer
- Diagnostics of all modules in the car... which I agree is not particularly useful on a new car

If you're on Android, you can also use our adapter with other (third-party) apps that provide real-time engine data and other cool measurements for your car.

In terms of our own app, I guess the biggest benefit would be that you can change your Lexus Personalized Settings as many times as you want, change your mind later, discover new features later and adjust their behavior, etc.

In the future we're also planning to provide additional functionality such as registering TPMS sensors when you swap winter vs summer wheels. Also note that the adapter and the app can be used on your other cars as well.

Pls. let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-20-15, 03:58 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey, was looking for a 'jacking point adapter' to put my car on jack stands, and found this. The only reason I was going to take my car to the dealer was to program some LPSs, but now I can program them myself. Ordering it right now; just in time.

EDIT: Description says LPS are a PAID FEATURE. If I have to pay on top of the $34, then I'd just take it to a dealer, as wouldn't change them again. I already have a very nice scanner, so don't need that feature. Please let me know asap, so I can still order today. Thx.

Last edited by JCtx; 10-20-15 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-21-15, 12:07 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey, was looking for a 'jacking point adapter' to put my car on jack stands, and found this. The only reason I was going to take my car to the dealer was to program some LPSs, but now I can program them myself. Ordering it right now; just in time.

EDIT: Description says LPS are a PAID FEATURE. If I have to pay on top of the $34, then I'd just take it to a dealer, as wouldn't change them again. I already have a very nice scanner, so don't need that feature. Please let me know asap, so I can still order today. Thx.
Correct, LPS are indeed a paid feature in the app. They currently cost $19.99 for unlimited customizations and diagnostics. So your total would be around $54 if you get the device with the discount. You can still order now, we'll accept it if you decide to do so.

You may change your mind in the future about how you want your LPS set Just sayin'
Old 02-01-16, 01:51 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a question. When I plug this obd2 into my car it gives me abs and engine codes but when I plug in a real snap on scanner my car is clean. Should I ignore those codes?
Old 02-01-16, 06:55 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rozay604
I have a question. When I plug this obd2 into my car it gives me abs and engine codes but when I plug in a real snap on scanner my car is clean. Should I ignore those codes?
When you say "real" snap-on scanner, are you referring to an OBD2-only tool? The difference is that the regular OBD2 protocol does not have access to Lexus-specific fault codes. Carista does. So unless the Snap-on tool includes Toyota/Lexus-specific diagnostics, it will pull fewer codes than Carista. The OBD2 system usually includes just the engine and transmission. No ABS, airbag or any other such ECUs. And even for the engine itself, accessing trouble codes through the manufacturer-specific protocol may yield more info (i.e. fault codes) than straight OBD2.
Old 02-03-16, 01:20 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

I'm having real trouble trying to buy the pro. I keep getting item being modified please try again later. I contacted iTunes and they can't help me. Been trying for a week now. Seems like a lot of people getting the same problem
Old 02-03-16, 02:26 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rozay604
I'm having real trouble trying to buy the pro. I keep getting item being modified please try again later. I contacted iTunes and they can't help me. Been trying for a week now. Seems like a lot of people getting the same problem
Yes, a bunch of users have reported this issue. We talked to Apple's developer support and they said everything is fine on our end, and the customers should contact iTunes support. But iTunes support keeps telling customers there's something being modified by the developers... which there's not. We haven't changed anything for months.

So we're still trying to figure out what's going on, but it seems to be a problem at Apple. Other apps are seeing similar issues.
Old 02-03-16, 03:28 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Carista
Yes, a bunch of users have reported this issue. We talked to Apple's developer support and they said everything is fine on our end, and the customers should contact iTunes support. But iTunes support keeps telling customers there's something being modified by the developers... which there's not. We haven't changed anything for months.

So we're still trying to figure out what's going on, but it seems to be a problem at Apple. Other apps are seeing similar issues.
I'm gonna keep trying and wait
Old 11-25-16, 05:44 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that we have a Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal on the Carista OBD2 adapter - get 25% off today through Monday! https://goo.gl/PhRpZV