Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Speed Freaks USA: RC-F Aftermarket brake pad group buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-15, 02:10 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Speed Freaks USA: RC-F Aftermarket brake pad group buy

We have noticed some people complaining about the dust and noise levels of the OE pads and have pushing to put together a group buy of a couple different aftermarket compounds. We know of many compounds out there that are very low dusting and make no noise but they do so at the expense of friction levels and overall performance. These options are excellent for a run-of-the-mill Camry that is used to go pick up some groceries but not for a heavy, powerful performance vehicle like the RC-F. Luckily we work with many premium brands and have a lot experience on similar platforms with the same priorities. This group buy is going to be run a little differently than most since some of the compounds we are pushing for are not yet available in these pad shapes. So we will start it off with what we have completed now and add on any additional compounds as they become available. As of now there are two main options:

Carbotech 1521
The Carbotech 1521 compound is one of the most popular street pad compounds for luxury performance cars to date. It prioritizes very low dusting and is a noise free pad that still maintains the performance you expect from the RC-F on the street. The 1521 compound produces a strong but smooth initial bite, great modulation and overall friction levels and is also one of the most rotor friendly compounds known to man. It has a usable operating temperature that reaches as high as 800*F which means that it can even handle some "spirited" driving on some twisty mountain roads for most people. We have had a lot of success with this pad for its intended use, especially in the IS-F and Corvette community and it is easy to understand why.

Endless MX72
The MX72 compound is one of the most versatile compounds available in 2015. It isn't as low dusting as the Carbotech 1521 is but it isn't too far behind either (it still offers a large reduction in dust compared to the OEM pads). However the feel, friction levels, modulation and and release are second to none in this category. These are a true street pad but have a temperature range that is starting to approach that of some less aggressive race compounds (~1,350*F). This means it is capable of dealing with anything from a daily commute to "spirited" street use, canyon carving, autocross events and for some drivers even some beginner to low-intermediate level track use.

I just wanted to also mention that we had some OE pads sent in to Carbotech so they could exactly copy the backplate design for optimum fitment. *Note* these are not the same generic 1440 pad shape that is used in the Lexus GS460, they have been tweaked to exactly match the OE RC-F pads which is why you may notice they are a little more expensive than the standard CT1440 pad.

Here are the direct links to our website with the pads already at the group buy price:
Carbotech Performance Brakes, Lexus RC F 1521 Compound Front+Rear Package Group Buy

Endless RCP136 MX72 Lexus RC-F Front
Endless RCP171 MX72 Lexus RC-F Rear

Feel free to post up or send PMs with any questions!

-Matt M.

Last edited by SpeedFreaksUSA; 05-14-15 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-13-15, 11:08 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have front and rear pads available?
Old 05-13-15, 11:17 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
Do you have front and rear pads available?
Yes we do for both options! I have added the direct links to the OP

-Matt M.
Old 05-13-15, 12:48 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that the price if we return our cores? If not, any credit if we do send them back?

I'd shut the picture cycling off on your website, but that's just me. It's a little distracting.
Old 05-14-15, 07:55 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Sent you a PM.......
Old 05-18-15, 02:04 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
Is that the price if we return our cores? If not, any credit if we do send them back?

I'd shut the picture cycling off on your website, but that's just me. It's a little distracting.
No it is the price with new cores already sourced and being used to mould the compound onto for Carbotech only (Endless was able to manufacture their own back plates with the exact bends of the OE pads so no cores were needed for them). If someone wanted they could send in their cores to have the old compound scraped off and the new compound moulded onto but quite frankly I don't think its worth it. Unless you had another set of pads to throw in while yours are out of the car, it would be down for ~ 2 weeks and only to save ~$30 at best. We could look into doing some sort of core exchange program but depending on where you live the shipping costs alone could negate any real savings over just buying the pre-made pads and throwing your old ones away like you normally would.

We can change that!

-Matt M.
Old 06-18-15, 05:38 AM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Order placed, really look forward to noiseless braking and less dust!
Old 06-30-15, 05:02 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Who else is sick of the dust?!
Old 06-30-15, 06:34 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Got mine installed. Big fan of Carbotech. Better modulation of brakes and no dust or squeal for now.
Old 08-19-15, 11:11 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Bumping this. We had some people try out the Endless pads so hopefully they can post up their impressions!

-Matt M.
Old 09-01-15, 09:57 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Bumping this. We had some people try out the Endless pads so hopefully they can post up their impressions!

-Matt M.
Matt i need to go ahead & pull the plug i guess. I don't do ANY tracking & i want the best one you recommend for the Least Dust & NO Squealing! PM me like you did before & we'll get the wheels rolling. I would think the 1521 would be the best option for me but let me know & we'll go from there. Thanks

Last edited by johnnyreb; 09-01-15 at 10:02 PM.