Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your GS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.60%
I might be interested.
34.34%
Not really that interested.
6.06%
What's a Supercharger?
0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

GS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 06:03 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ I don't think anyone has cracked Toyota's ecu. I suspect that Toyota's lawyers will be sending cease and desist letters to anyone who've cracked the ecu
Old 04-21-15, 07:08 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 324 Likes on 140 Posts

u can s/c w/ 7psi w/o re-flashing the ecu on the 2GR-FSE... Novel hav ecu flash for usdm 2GR-FSE.. it is just the amount they charge and the time wasted to get it done and shipped is a pain... people w/ 2IS have done S/C w/ just 7psi w/o any ecu flash...
Old 04-22-15, 01:07 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
You have been around since 08
Sorry but Stillen knows more then you and has been around longer then 2008. Even tho no one has cracked the ECU but sounds like they already have and that's why they are seeing if there is a market for it.

I'm all in for this kit.
1. Yes I first came across this forum back in 08, made an account in 09, and have been fairly active since. If you would like to know anything else, please feel free to shoot me a PM so we dont thread cramp

2. I never once stated that I knew more than stillen, Ive only stated what Ive seen over the years and my opinion, since this thread is gauging interest...

Originally Posted by STILLEN
We are looking into other parts as well, but I don't think a lip kit needs a poll.
Glad to hear, the 3IS lip is one of my favorites for that chassis
Old 04-22-15, 03:54 AM
Haldol
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested if maintains reliability of the car. If not reliable, then I would install it in a second vehicle.
Old 04-22-15, 09:32 AM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

MODERATOR EDIT: 13FSPORT exit this thread. There is absolutely no need for this level of aggressive and rude personal response.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-22-15 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-22-15, 10:37 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

URDUSA has developed a tuning system for the 1GR http://urdusa.com/store/Electronics-...duct_info.html . They may be able to create one for the 2GR as well, who know maybe they will partner with Stillen on this.
Old 04-22-15, 11:59 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the great responses/feedback guys. We are excited to move forward with this and start the planning phase. I will keep you all updated.
Old 04-22-15, 08:33 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,214 Likes on 633 Posts

Would it be a safe assumption that the kit would just fail visual inspection, but pass the rest of the smog test? The visual inspection is workable, if you know what I mean If it fails the rest of the test though, then we're SOL.
Old 04-23-15, 12:26 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the great responses/feedback guys. We are excited to move forward with this and start the planning phase. I will keep you all updated.
We Californians can't have this
Old 04-23-15, 04:45 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One of the reasons I went with an ISF was because the GS was a bit too slow. If you were able to build an SC kit that had a piggy back, re flash, etc I would consider selling my ISF to buy a GS!

I live in California and don't particular worry much about passing smog, there are always ways to pass, but a carb # sure wouldn't hurt!
Old 04-23-15, 11:26 PM
GSFSport02
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone!

As many of you know, STILLEN has been a major manufacturer of performance parts in the Nissan/Infiniti market for over 20 years. We have expanded into other markets in the past with good success and are now looking to move head first in the Lexus scene. Some of our notable achievements have been attaining CARB Certification on almost all of our Performance Intake Systems, and being the only Supercharger Manufacturer offering an aftermarket warranty on Nissan/Infiniti Supercharger Kits.

Building off our success with Supercharger Kits Engineered for Nissan/Infiniti applications, we are looking into building Supercharger Kits for the Lexus RC350, 3rd Gen IS350, and 4th Gen GS350. We do not have any details to release at this time, but the initial goals for the kits would be to maintain Lexus Reliability while gaining 100+ whp. Price point would likely be in the $6000-$7000 range.

We would like to get the community feedback and gauge interest on such kits. If there is enough demand, we would like to move forward with this project.

Thanks for your time!

To answer a few questions I know will come up:
Q: Will the kits be available for the 2nd Gen IS350 and 3rd Gen GS350?
A: We will not be developing kits specifically for these models. If the kit happens to work that would be a pleasant surprise, but we will not be doing the development work on either of those models.

Q: Will the kit offer a warranty?
A: Not initially.

Q: Will the kit be CARB Legal?
A: Because of the substantial investment we do not have initial plans for getting the kit through CARB, but it may be something we will look into as our other kits are CARB Legal.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this for the 4th generation GS350. I would sell my soul to get a hold of a stillen supercharger for my 2013 GS350 Fsport. If you can Crack the ECU AND have it CARB legal (I live in California, gotta have it) I would buy it in a heartbeat. Also since you are in California as well, please offer the installation service like you do with the Infiniti/Nissan supercharger. I prefer to have the people who designed the kit install/tune it for me as well. Make this kit! Everyone else gave up and left us 4GS owners SOL. Prove that it can be done and rub it in every other manufacturers face! By the way a full length intake with conical filter, exhaust system, and AP Racing brakes would be nice to see too!
Old 04-23-15, 11:37 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Why can't you have it in California? the 4GS basically came out and everyone gave up already?
Old 04-23-15, 11:39 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by krava
Why can't you have it in California? the 4GS basically came out and everyone gave up already?
CARB **** California Air Resource Board
Old 04-23-15, 11:41 PM
krava
Lead Lap

Anyone up for lending their car for these people to try to get one to work? I know when they were making coil overs or whoever they were for the 3gs someone needed to bring a car in.
Old 04-24-15, 12:49 AM
DJRafu
Driver School Candidate

My mechanic has a 350Z with the Stillen supercharger kit and that thing has been super reliable. If you guys come out with a CARB legal version, I'll be sure to sign up! Please keep us updated on the progress!

Quick Reply: GS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll