Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

STILLEN F-Sport Front Splitter Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-15, 09:07 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Is there going to be a group buy?
We do not do group buys. There are sales from time to time which I try and post up. Shoot me a PM and I can put you one our email list for specials
Old 08-22-15, 04:47 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Awesome quality and fitment! I'm impressed.

Old 08-23-15, 09:16 PM
knG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the 3M double sided tape hold the lip on firmly in Sacramento, CA weather or do we need to drill the screws in? I'm thinking about getting a front lip but I don't want to drill/screw any holes into my car.
Old 08-23-15, 09:20 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by knG
Will the 3M double sided tape hold the lip on firmly in Sacramento, CA weather or do we need to drill the screws in? I'm thinking about getting a front lip but I don't want to drill/screw any holes into my car.
The double sided tape keeps it in in place but I recommend screwing the 9 screws in comes with. With that it should be enough to secure it. I understand you don't want to drill holes but why take the risk of losing the lip of you do hit something, especially if your lowered?

Last edited by 3ISRC; 08-23-15 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-24-15, 09:29 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by knG
You do need to use the screws to secure the Splitter. I understand your aversion to drilling holes in your car. However, when done on the underside of the bumper it will never be seen or affect anything.
Old 08-24-15, 09:49 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STILLEN
You do need to use the screws to secure the Splitter. I understand your aversion to drilling holes in your car. However, when done on the underside of the bumper it will never be seen or affect anything.
I'm actually wondering if I should put more screws in addition to the 9 screws provided.

Mark, do you think this is necessary? I've installed the provided 9 screws spaced out evenly accross. I'm just paranoid, I've lost some carbon fiber lips in the past from hitting something in the freeway .
Old 08-24-15, 02:52 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
I'm actually wondering if I should put more screws in addition to the 9 screws provided.

Mark, do you think this is necessary? I've installed the provided 9 screws spaced out evenly accross. I'm just paranoid, I've lost some carbon fiber lips in the past from hitting something in the freeway .
Here in western NY, where we average almost 100 inches of snow a year, 3M tape and screws usually isn't enough. I always drill holes and install the lip with nuts, bolts, and lock washers. With just screws, when we get that first 20+ inch snow storm and you drive your car in the snow, that lip is coming off when you barrel thru the first 2 foot snow drift or when you hit that chunk of ice that was in the road that fell of the car in front of you. On my last car the lip got ripped off trying to get out of my driveway with just screws, so I now do the nut bolt method. If you want it really secure and you can get a bolt up in there and get your fingers in to put the nut on then you might give this a try.
Old 08-24-15, 02:54 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rex2lex
Here in western NY, where we average almost 100 inches of snow a year, 3M tape and screws usually isn't enough. I always drill holes and install the lip with nuts, bolts, and lock washers. With just screws, when we get that first 20+ inch snow storm and you drive your car in the snow, that lip is coming off when you barrel thru the first 2 foot snow drift or when you hit that chunk of ice that was in the road that fell of the car in front of you. On my last car the lip got ripped off trying to get out of my driveway with just screws, so I now do the nut bolt method. If you want it really secure and you can get a bolt up in there and get your fingers in to put the nut on then you might give this a try.
With the 9 screws already installed how many nuts and bolts do you add on top of it? Not that I ever have to deal with snow but I would like to make sure it won't rip off in case I hit something.
Old 08-24-15, 03:04 PM
rex2lex
Rookie

With the 9 screws already installed how many nuts and bolts do you add on top of it? Not that I ever have to deal with snow but I would like to make sure it won't rip off in case I hit something.
On my last lip on my last car, I actually removed all the screws and replaced with nuts/bolts and then added a few extra. With it installed like this, once I accidentally drove forward over a curb that I didn't see in a parking lot, the lip stayed attached no problem at all, the bumper came disconnected though, lol.

Since yours is already installed just take one screw out, drill it out a bit, put the nut bolt on, then go on to the next. Then for good measure you might want to add 2-4 right up front in the center.
Old 08-24-15, 03:09 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I have seen people on other makes and models use bolts instead of screws. While this is more secure, you run the risk of damaging the mounting points of the bumper if the splitter hits something hard enough. While I haven't seen that happen, the last thing I'd want to see is your bumper damaged from the splitter not coming off instead. That being said it is your choice to use bolts. Extra screws would give it some extra strength if you think you're going to hit things.
Old 08-24-15, 03:15 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STILLEN
I have seen people on other makes and models use bolts instead of screws. While this is more secure, you run the risk of damaging the mounting points of the bumper if the splitter hits something hard enough. While I haven't seen that happen, the last thing I'd want to see is your bumper damaged from the splitter not coming off instead. That being said it is your choice to use bolts. Extra screws would give it some extra strength if you think you're going to hit things.
I'm glad you brought this up. I've had a splitter rip off before and it took the stock lower lip with it since the splitter was attached with nuts and bolts. This happened on a different car. You are right though, I would rather lose the splitter than damaging the bumper. I will probably just buy more matching self tapping screws to add to the 9. Can you please provide the size of the screws that came with the splitter, if it's not too much trouble?

Last edited by 3ISRC; 08-24-15 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-25-15, 08:53 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I'm glad you brought this up. I've had a splitter rip off before and it took the stock lower lip with it since the splitter was attached with nuts and bolts. This happened on a different car. You are right though, I would rather lose the splitter than damaging the bumper. I will probably just buy more matching self tapping screws to add to the 9. Can you please provide the size of the screws that came with the splitter, if it's not too much trouble?
They are #8 3/4" screws
Old 08-28-15, 03:22 PM
jd93
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FullAtomic
Quote me again,
for 3IS F Sport -- shipping to Canada (Toronto, Ontario)
Let's see if it's any different.
Honestly the product looks great but not $600 great.
I payed $375 in Canadian and picked it up across the river in Niagara Falls New York and snuck it back over the border lol
Old 09-12-15, 08:19 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

STILLEN Flash Sale Today Only (9/12/15)! CALL IN ONLY from 8am-12pm Pacific Time. Call 866-250-5542 to place your order. 15% off all STILLEN Body Parts (great chance to get the STILLEN Diffuser or Splitter at a great price)! Don't miss this 4 hour flash sale

Old 12-09-15, 03:18 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Make some for the SC300/400's. You would be a monopoly

Quick Reply: STILLEN F-Sport Front Splitter Announcement