Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Speed Freaks USA group buy for OS Giken LSD

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 07:09 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

How is it for daily use street driving? Whats this "finalizing pricing with our diff builder so we can provide a service to those who would like to have us do the rebuild." You speak of? Shipping out carrier for install?
Old 03-12-15, 07:44 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
How is it for daily use street driving? Whats this "finalizing pricing with our diff builder so we can provide a service to those who would like to have us do the rebuild." You speak of? Shipping out carrier for install?
We would be happy to do installs here for anyone local enough to the MD area that buys one. We have done this exact install many times.
Old 03-12-15, 09:48 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

The only OS Giken equipped cars I've experienced had the normal plates (non-TCD) and they have been silent and smooth. The TCD plates which the IS-F spec OS Giken LSD uses is supposed to be even quieter and smoother than the normal plates.

Correct- you drop the carrier and send it to us to do the disassembly, machining (if necessary), assembly and adjustments. We can do it one of two ways- we purchased an IS-F carrier which we are rebuilding right now so we can start a "core" program where you send us your old diff and get a completely different rebuilt one back (saves time) or you can just have us rebuild your diff.

Originally Posted by JE
We would be happy to do installs here for anyone local enough to the MD area that buys one. We have done this exact install many times.
This is another great option for locals in this area.

-Matt M.

Last edited by SpeedFreaksUSA; 03-24-15 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-12-15, 03:43 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really want to jump on this but the USD/CAD exchange has shifted too far apart plus 13% tax and duties if I'm really unlucky. I'd end up paying Over $3500 for this right now. If it were only a few years ago...... The stock diff will have to do.

Last edited by Compthis; 03-12-15 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-12-15, 07:59 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

The TCD is very streetable. You can feel each disk lock up at very low speeds while turning, mostly in reverse, but it is not an issue for anybody who purchased an ISF in the first place. Other than at very low speeds it is undetectable except for having more grip...especially during throttle out of corners.
Old 03-12-15, 09:14 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Correct- you drop the carrier and send it to us to do the disassembly, machining (if necessary), assembly and adjustments. We can do it one of two ways- we purchased an IS-F carrier which we are rebuilding right now so we can start a "core" program where you send us your old diff and get a completely different rebuilt one back (saves time) or you can just have us rebuild your diff.

-Matt M.
Just interested in taking delivery. I have my own installer.

Ken.
Old 03-13-15, 08:24 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I'm in this. Probably the most important thing for mechanical performance improvement short of a Penske set up.
Old 03-13-15, 10:14 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KJH
Just interested in taking delivery. I have my own installer.

Ken.
That is the third option. Most people will likely go that route and use their own builder, we just wanted to be able to offer an additional option for locals to Northern California and/or people who don't have an experienced builder in their area.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'm in this. Probably the most important thing for mechanical performance improvement short of a Penske set up.
Sweet! I completely agree with you there (especially true for MY08 and 09 vehicles). The IS-F needs all the help it can get to harness the power and put it to the ground effectively. I am sure the track guys will be cutting some pretty huge time with these. The guys that really want to find the last few tenths and/or want to change the dynamics of the car through different phases of the corner can tune the springs and plates to their liking.

-Matt M.
Old 03-13-15, 01:54 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Group buy closes tonight! We just need 2 more people to reach the maximum discount level!
Old 03-13-15, 09:06 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is this closed already im interested??
Old 03-13-15, 09:17 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nikogio38
Closes at midnight. Post up that you are definitely in so the OP can add you to the list. If that happens, we will be only one member short for getting the maximum discount. We need one more member, in addition to yourself, to commit by midnight. Let's make it happen.

Ken.
Old 03-13-15, 09:24 PM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nikogio38
Still open until 11:59 PST. Shall I add you to the list?
Old 03-13-15, 09:26 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

can pm the discounted price??
Old 03-13-15, 10:50 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Still open until 11:59 PST. Shall I add you to the list?
NO price???
Old 03-16-15, 03:27 PM
TURBO5DAVE
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is their any news on if we meet tier 3 or deposit amount?

Quick Reply: Speed Freaks USA group buy for OS Giken LSD