Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - January 1st - 7th, 2017***

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-16, 09:00 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Arrow ***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - January 1st - 7th, 2017***

WannabeRacer.com

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations and plasti dip paint jobs between the dates of January 1st - January 7th.

E-mail me at Don@WannabeRacer.com to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal January 2017 Trip
Car type and year:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Visit my website to view more pictures of the various types of services I offer. Even if you do not see a related type of service, feel free to ask, as I may offer it, but I just don't have it pictured/listed: http://www.wannaberacerwraps.com/services/

Days that I will be available for appointments. I am still finalizing the details, but these are the tentative dates that I'll be aiming for.

January 2nd - Monday
January 3rd - Tuesday
January 4th - Wednesday
January 5th - Thursday - Fully booked
January 6th - Friday
There is a *slight* possibility that I may be available either Sunday January 1st and Saturday January 7th as well, but those days are still uncertain right now.

Thanks!
Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-10-16, 09:01 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
- Gloss black window trim wrap
- Plasti dip rear badges

There have been quite a few Lexus RC-Fs coming by lately. One day, I had two RC-Fs back to back. On this particular car, I vinyl wrapped the roof and blacked out the chrome side window trim in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to wrapping those pieces, I plasti dipped the rear badges on the trunk of the car. Plasti dip can be easy enough to use, but for those who have tried it, it can still take some skill to get it to come out perfect. I took some up close pictures of the plasti dipped pieces from various angles, to show how the pieces that I plasti dip look like. The owner of this particular car was from Oceanside / San Diego and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-11-16, 10:02 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this Silver Lexus IS350 sedan was actually from norcal and came out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. After I had wrapped the roof, he had me do the rear trunk spoiler as well, so that’s why in the first set of pictures the trunk spoiler is still body colored and not wrapped yet. I think the black trunk spoiler went well with the gloss black roof and complimented it fairly nicely.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-14-16, 08:20 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-20-16, 12:30 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Most of the cars that I work on are typically brand new cars, but i still do have older cars come in every now and then to have some vinyl work done. The owner of this white Lexus LS400 sedan had me lightly tint / smoke the tail lights of his car with my vinyl car wrap material. It is a fairly light shade/tint, so it tones the tail lights down just enough without overly making it look too dark and out of place. I think the shade went well with the darker colored wheels on the car. The owner of this car came out from Walnut / Los Angeles area to have me wrap his car in Anaheim Hills / Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-21-16, 12:24 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Blacking out the chrome window trim surround and front grill surround completely changed the look of this black Lexus IS350 sedan. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for both the window trim and grill piece. Blacking out the chrome pieces still gave the car a factory and OEM look, but made the car look sportier and more aggressive at the same time. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done. Overall, I really liked the way blacking out the chrome on the car turned out, especially on a black car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-22-16, 04:14 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I will be posting GS specific photos of the various types of work I've done for them as I find them, to give those with the same car some ideas to decide on if you'd like to do the same to your car. If you guys had any specific requests for certain types of vinyl wrap or plasti dip work, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can find pictures of it to post and show you guys.

The owner of this brand new white 4th gen Lexus GS350 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the black roof panoramic look. Even though the rest of the car was still stock, the gloss black roof still added a nice look/change to the car, without making it look out of place of aftermarket. My only other suggestion for this car would have been to also black out the chrome window trim and possibly front grill as well in the same gloss black vinyl material to give it a sportier look. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the car vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-23-16, 01:23 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I had this brand new white Mercedes Benz CLA 250 come in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car. We went with gloss black vinyl finish for his roof over the matte black or carbon fiber, to give it that factory panoramic look. The owner of this car was from around Irvine / Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I think the gloss black roof added a lot of character to the car, for such a simple change. The other thing I could have suggested to do on this car was to black out the chrome around the windows too, but that comes down to preference and depends on what type of look you're going after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-25-16, 03:58 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I've had a couple of people ask me to post some more pictures of the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish, so here is a white Lexus IS350 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof with in that material. Also note, the roof spoiler is a real carbon piece, so this will also help give those an idea of how the vinyl material compares/contrast against real carbon. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done. We went with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl finish over the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish to closer match real cf and go with his roof spoiler better.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-26-16, 05:21 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Blacking out the chrome window trim surround and front grill surround completely changed the look of this black Lexus IS350 sedan. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for both the window trim and grill piece. Blacking out the chrome pieces still gave the car a factory and OEM look, but made the car look sportier and more aggressive at the same time. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done. Overall, I really liked the way blacking out the chrome on the car turned out, especially on a black car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-27-16, 02:59 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

I lightly tinted / smoked the tail lights on this black Audi S5 coupe. I tried to take pictures of the tail lights at various angles and lighting, to help give you guys a better idea of how the tint film changes depending on how the light is hitting it. The light shade gives the car a fairly factory / OEM look still, but a nice noticeable change in overall look of the car. The film that I use is designed to mimic the look of how some cars come from the factory with already slightly darker tail lights nowadays. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Pasadena to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-28-16, 05:37 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap
- Gloss black front grill wrap

Most people usually say that most vinyl wraps usually look the best on white or lighter colored car, but that is not the case, especially when it involves wrapping or covering up the chrome trim pieces on a car. If anything, the chrome accents on the car probably stand out even more so on a darker colored car than a lighter one. For this Lexus IS350 F Sport sedan, the owner had me vinyl wrap both the chrome window trim and front grill in my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of the car was from Riverside and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the work done. As you can see in the side by side before and after picture that I have back to back, the change is subtle, but still improves the overall look of the car quite dramatically.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 12-31-16, 09:43 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim wrap
- Gloss black front grill surround vinyl wrap

Even with this fairly stock white Lexus IS350 or IS250, after blacking out the chrome window trim and front grill, it really cleaned up the look of the car. The blacked out chrome trim pieces compliments the rest of the car fairly nicely. The owner of this car was from Cerritos and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the vinyl work done. For this particular car, we also went with the gloss black finish over the matte black finish for the chrome pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Old 01-01-17, 10:00 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For those who are looking to get some vinyl wrap work done, I have a few available spots left on Tuesday Jan 3rd, starting from 3pm and onwards that I am looking to fill.

Send me a message and I'll be able to offer you a discounted price.

Thanks!

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 01-01-17 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-03-17, 09:54 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

If anyone wanted to try and get some last minute work done, I have some availability today, depending on time. I also have one available spot left on Thursday at 9am.

thanks!

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Quick Reply: ***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - January 1st - 7th, 2017***