Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

*Group Buy - Beat-Sonic Navigation/DVD Control Bypass Module for 2010-12 Lexus -$100*

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-15, 10:57 AM
r81984
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**UPDATE**
I got it installed. The directions I originally received were wrong.

Install was a failure.
I got the version 2.

The connectors on the 2011 CT200h w/ Nav are different than what are on the Beatsonic so this will not work with a 2011. It sucks finding out the hard way after you removed the radio.

I looked and did not see any other connectors to use.

Back of Radio and nav box.

Connectors on nav box.

Main connector for nav box.

media connector

Probably antennas

This is the main radio connector

Last edited by r81984; 01-03-16 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-03-16, 03:35 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

Default Go it working.

Beat Sonic originally sent me the wrong installation instructions.
They sent me the correct ones.

To correctly install, once you remove the radio, you need to remove the silver nav box right below the radio that has 4 screws on it.
Now these screws are 10mm, but the upper left screw is far recessed so you need to use a long extension on your socket.

There is one more step not in the Beat Sonic directions. You also need to remove the 3 bolts on the shifter as you need to move the shifter out of the way to pull out the nav box. The 3 bolts on the shifter are 12mm.
I ended up shoving the beatsonic box behind the shifter module as there was some dead space behind it.

Either way, I got it figured out. It now works great.
You will see on the map screen that in the corner it says "GPS". As soon as you activate the Beat Sonic the "GPS" disappears and the map stops updating.
Once you deactivate the Beat Sonic then it takes a few seconds for the GPS to update again.

This is the nav box that was missing from the directions.

Nav box below the radio. Remove the 4 screws using 10 mm socket. You will need a long extension for the upper left screw.

To make enough room to pull out the nav box, you need to remove the 3 bolts on the shifter and pull it out of the way. It uses 12mm bolts.

I have the Beat Sonic box wedged behind the shifter module. On the right side you can see where I attached the ground wire.

Mounted button under the dash.
Old 01-14-16, 01:51 PM
r81984
Pit Crew

I just want to add this thing is a literally a life saver. Lexus is insane for locking out the controls while moving.
It is soooo much safer to quickly use the joystick to enter in an address or press a phone number button.

The other day, driving in farm roads, and I was probably going to get lost. I quickly entered in an address in seconds instead of taking over a minute with the ****ty voice commands. It was far less distracting to use the joystick. I also did not have to pull over into basically a ditch on the side of the farm road to use the GPS entry.

I get calls from a security system company for work. You respond with pressing a 1 to acknowledge the alarm so they dont call the police.
Previously I would have to unsafely pull my cell out. Now I click the beatsonic button and then I can press the 1 key with they joystick.

This product fixed ****ty Lexus programming.
Thank you.
Old 01-18-16, 06:54 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by r81984
I just want to add this thing is a literally a life saver. Lexus is insane for locking out the controls while moving.
It is soooo much safer to quickly use the joystick to enter in an address or press a phone number button.

The other day, driving in farm roads, and I was probably going to get lost. I quickly entered in an address in seconds instead of taking over a minute with the ****ty voice commands. It was far less distracting to use the joystick. I also did not have to pull over into basically a ditch on the side of the farm road to use the GPS entry.

I get calls from a security system company for work. You respond with pressing a 1 to acknowledge the alarm so they dont call the police.
Previously I would have to unsafely pull my cell out. Now I click the beatsonic button and then I can press the 1 key with they joystick.

This product fixed ****ty Lexus programming.
Thank you.
Thank you for your review

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/